Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Disney World’s 50th and this construction at Epcot is going to look a lot different than originally planned. Hearing today that lots of construction workers were laid off. Not sure what this means for projects going forward but it seems like we should expect delays. Are there more important things, yes, but it makes me sad. :(

I know there are/were rumors about Brazil being the new country pavilion coming to EPCOT. There was mentioned that it might be going in between Italy and Germany.

Today, I was looking at Google Map / Google Earth and saw what looked like recent clearing between Germany and the canal behind Village Traders (see photo below). I know this area has been used in the past for storage and staging area but there appears to be no trees (as prior), freshly cleared dirty and heavy machinery in the area.

Does anyone know what is going on here? Is this area being used for construction of the floats for HarmonioUS? Is there something else going here as I believe this area was originally designated as a country pavilion site for Africa before Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park was built?

Try using Microsoft Edge, and Bing Maps on there. It's been updated much more recently for this area. You will see that area was cleared out to make what looks like the new barges for the next night time fireworks show.

I know there are/were rumors about Brazil being the new country pavilion coming to EPCOT. There was mentioned that it might be going in between Italy and Germany.

Today, I was looking at Google Map / Google Earth and saw what looked like recent clearing between Germany and the canal behind Village Traders (see photo below). I know this area has been used in the past for storage and staging area but there appears to be no trees (as prior), freshly cleared dirty and heavy machinery in the area.

Does anyone know what is going on here? Is this area being used for construction of the floats for HarmonioUS? Is there something else going here as I believe this area was originally designated as a country pavilion site for Africa before Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park was built?

View attachment 505592
If you look at the aerial images thread that is the plot where they are constructing Harmonious.

Yeah, I figured these would be the first to go. The Mary Poppins thing hadn't even been started and Spaceship Earth is still operational. I'd still like to see SSE get some minor touch-ups, really just get rid of the video of "your future" on the ride down. Maybe they could just do that - heck silence is better than that thing! That wouldn't cost too much I'd guess. I can live without the major overhaul - in fact, depending on those plans, it might even be better!

I knew right when they announced it that that upper story garden area would likely end up on the chopping block somewhere along the line for cost reasons. It would have been so cool, but I'm sure it had a big price tag attached. Not that they've definitely confirmed that that's part of what's being reconsidered, but I'd be really surprised if it wasn't the first think they cut. :(

I knew right when they announced it that that upper story garden area would likely end up on the chopping block somewhere along the line for cost reasons. It would have been so cool, but I'm sure it had a big price tag attached. Not that they've definitely confirmed that that's part of what's being reconsidered, but I'd be really surprised if it wasn't the first think they cut. :(

Is it that expensive though if they already have the building there? I thought it was basically like the roof of the building.

I mean I know its expensive but in comparison to the other things happening though is it that expensive?

I wonder though if they cut it because they are unsure if they would fill it up in the next 5 years anyways. Plus since its on the "roof" its out of the way construction in the future that could be done whenever likely.

Is it that expensive though if they already have the building there? I thought it was basically like the roof of the building.

I mean I know its expensive but in comparison to the other things happening though is it that expensive?

I wonder though if they cut it because they are unsure if they would fill it up in the next 5 years anyways. Plus since its on the "roof" its out of the way construction in the future that could be done whenever likely.
The festival center was a brand new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!