Epcot PPO via IG?

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
if you have an Epcot PPO breakfast reservation, say at 8am for a 9am Park open, what time will you be allowed through the international gateway entrance?

Same, we got in right about 7:50a and hustled to GG. We were first in line (were there by 7:30am, I was expecting to get in a bit earlier).

I’m confused. How could you get in through IG at 7:50 and be at restaurant at 7:30?

We were at the IG entrance at 7:30am to wait in line, allowed in about 7:50am, and got to GG right about 8am (I think we were seated 2nd or 3rd, I could see people walking over from the main entrance).

What’s the better option for a Akershus 8:00 PPO ADR, IG or Main Gate?
If you are staying in the Crescent Lake area (BC, YC, Boardwalk, Swolphin), then use the IG. Otherwise, use the main entrance. The only way to get to the IG is thru the resorts (or parking at DHS and walking all the way up), so there is no easy transport option and you aren’t allowed to park there unless you are a guest or have a reservation. The time to walk over won’t be significantly different from the main entrance or IG.

If you are staying in the Crescent Lake area (BC, YC, Boardwalk, Swolphin), then use the IG. Otherwise, use the main entrance. The only way to get to the IG is thru the resorts (or parking at DHS and walking all the way up), so there is no easy transport option and you aren’t allowed to park there unless you are a guest or have a reservation. The time to walk over won’t be significantly different from the main entrance or IG.
Well, they could park at the crescent lake resorts and go to Epcot, IF AND ONLY IF they pay for valet parking.

Parking at HS and walking to IG would be a lot longer walk than parking at Epcot and going in the main gate, but I could see people opting for that if it gave them a significant touring advantage to start the day. In this case, it would be getting to Akershus before the main gate crowd. They seat people first come first served, so if it's quicker to get there from IG, it could be worth it.

However, I think I remember seeing a Robo map a long time ago, and (again, if my memory is correct) the distance from main gate to Akershus is almost the same as from IG. There is no set rule as to which gate they open first (theoretically, they open both at the same time, but there is some variance there).

We were contemplating an Uber to one of the hotels if it would get us to AK to be a few first families seated. But it sounds like there is no difference.

10-4. Personally I 'like' going through the IG more than the front entrance if you don't mind the walk from BC or BWI (which isn't far) - it's usually a more peaceful/less crowded experience, but I don't think it really matters all that much and would be perfectly fine going to the main entrance as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!