Epcot---will not make rope drop

Nanceliz319

Mouseketeer
Need some help guys....We are going to go to Epcot on our arrival day.(which is a Saturday) We arrive MCO at 1040 so should be able to get there shortly after 12 but not counting on rope drop. It's the best choice for us since the other parks open/close much earlier.
We don't care about frozen, but do want to ride test track/mission space/soarin/spaceship earth and then the showcase with Canada & China movies.
Do you think it will work ok? I've heard some horror stories of Saturdays.
All your input is greatly appreciated!

should be able to get there shortly after 12 but not counting on rope drop.
do want to ride test track/mission space/soarin/spaceship earth and then the showcase with Canada & China movies.
Do you think it will work ok?
You didn't give a date.

You should be OK on much of this, if not all.
It can depend on (you guessed it) the date.

First, arriving at MCO at 1040 and getting to EPCOT just after noon can be tricky just by itself, unless you are renting a car and driving directly to the park. If doing Magical Express, you have to get your own bags now, walk to ME to watch the bus you were supposed to take just pulling away and having to wait 30 min for the next one, drop your bags off with bell services (unless you got lucky and room is ready early), and catch a bus to EPCOT (hopefully the first one that arrives and don't have to wait for multiple buses since they only let like 10 people on).

But in reality, could be possible if a non-holiday weekday. If spaceship earth is long, save that till later as usually the lines are shorter late in the day. Test Track is dependent on the weather, so can't predict that. China and Canada are continuous shows, but Canada seemed to be more limiting on how many people they let in (don't know if that has changed since early August when I was there).

I guess it depends on the date of your trip. Arriving at 1:00 (Conservative estimate given your arrival time with picking up bags, transportation to your resort, transportation from your resort to Epcot, etc), you should be able to get everything done that you are hoping to, especially since you don't care about Frozen (as much as that is blasphemy on a Disney board!). The only really significant wait time you may face is Test Track, but even that likely won't be more than an hour. You should be OK.

Oh, the date will be 9 Jan. And we plan on getting a Lyft from the airport and from our resort to the park.

Oh, the date will be 9 Jan. And we plan on getting a Lyft from the airport and from our resort to the park.
We won't know much for awhile, yet, about how crowds will be shaping up in early 2021
but, without the usual in-person Marathon crowds...
You should be OK for much of your list, if not all.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Spaceship earth and soarin should be good later in the day once most people have hit the country area. Test track is the only one that tends to have consistently higher waits due to the proximity to the country area (and it shuts down if there are storms nearby). Canada/China movies should be fine as well. Mission Space should be ok as well.

We've done exactly this twice this summer - arriving at MCO between 10 and 11am (and will do so on our next trip). We lucked out and pretty much got right on the Magical Express (and we travel carry-on only, so no baggage to pick up for us). How long it will take you to get to the park depends on your resort and mode of transportation. We made it to the park by 12 both times - but we stayed in the Crescent Lake area and were able to walk to the park. In any case, I would think you won't have a probably doing everything you want to do that day - we definitely didn't and were done several hours before closing after hitting all rides and movies (plus the typical wandering/eating our way around World Showcase and the Festival booths).

Thank you guys for your input. We are hoping to be able to get to the park by 1. We won't make any dining ressies until early evening.
Whatever we don't do, I'm not going to stress over.
We have already decided, we will not fret over things that don't go our way. Just want to relax and enjoy being there this trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter