Epcot World Showcase Entertainment

DisPhanatic

Mouseketeer
Good morning!

We have a full three days at Disney before heading to Universal and Discovery Cove. Our only stop in Epcot this trip will be evening after a full morning in DHS. Since we won't be rope dropping Epcot at all, we are just planning to wander the World Showcase and have dinner at Via Napoli (first time). My kids were really looking forward to playing the Agent P adventure but that's not an option now 😠 We've never really explored the entertainment in the World Showcase before so I am looking for your top two favorites. Is it Canada 360? Reflection of China? Bring on the ideas and help me plan our Epcot evening.

Thanks!

The films in Canada, France, China (sniff, no more Norway movie), are great educational opportunities. The display of items from Shanghai Disney in China is really sweet and interesting. The display in Japan of pop culture items is so very intriguing to me, I could spend a long time there....not to mention the Japanese drummers (if they are scheduled during your time there). Love the Chinese Acrobats. There are bands in Canada, Germany, Morocco and Britain, but again, I don't know your schedule or their's but it's worth grabbing a Times Guide and checking that out. There is a street performer (mime/ clown) in Italy, but I did not get to see him 2 weeks ago when I was there. The ride inside the Mexico pavilion is one of my favorites. The street performers in France are terrific. There's a Beauty and the Beast sing along in France during the day (not sure of the hours of that) and the France movie at night. I saw the BatB sing along....it's okay. I think its value will come during hot summer months as an escape from the heat. ...I'm sure others will tell you about more. EPCOT is my favorite park and all of this is why. Have a great trip!

Sergio in Italy and the France Pavillion's outdoor act if you are not too late for both. Chinese Acrobats are right up there as well. Sergio is a riot.

You can probably watch youtube videos of the films on your couch. I'd rather watch the live shows outside. That's just me though.

Our favorite is the acrobats in China. We liked the old Canada movie, but haven't seen the new one yet.
We've seen the films in China and France, and my kids thought those were boring.
We've seen many good concerts at the America pavilion, so I'd check to see if anyone will be performing on your epcot night.
Just did the Epcot Experience over the weekend and we all enjoyed that. We had no idea what it really was before we went in. Technically, it's in Future World (Odyssey Building), but it's close to Mex.

Voices of Liberty is my absolute favorite thing at that park. They are absolutely amazing. I think their last set of the day is usually 4:45, though, so I don't know if you'd make it in time.

We liked the old Canada movie, but haven't seen the new one yet.
The new one reverts to the old "travelogue" style with voiceover narration, pretty landscape shots and virtually no humor.
I was very disappointed.

The Martin Short film was a great entertainment in itself.
The "new" film is a yawn. WHY?!?

The new one reverts to the old "travelogue" style with voiceover narration, pretty landscape shots and virtually no humor.
I was very disappointed.

That's very disappointing to see. I was looking forward to the new show with our upcoming trip, but I think I'll definitely prefer the Martin Short version over what you've described.

Thanks everyone! I definitely want to avoid boring the kids. This feedback is just what I needed.

Depending the age of the kids there are the kidcot spots in each country as well as if your going during a festival there is a pay to play scavenger hunt

Thanks everyone! I definitely want to avoid boring the kids. This feedback is just what I needed.

Depending on their ages and if they like live action:
Sergio is a juggling mime, and has lots of crowd participation.
The French act are prop balancers.
The Chinese Acrobats are self explanatory
I love Jammitors, but younger kids might not get the references, but they are still awesome.

Sergio just kills me - totally cracks me up. These acts shouldn't be missed. They are all at set times. I plan our WS strolls, snacks according to these shows. I still haven't seen any of the movies - or animatronic things. We like being in the sun outside much more (with a snack.) But I bet we'd love the movies and indoor acts as well.

Depending on their ages and if they like live action:
Sergio is a juggling mime, and has lots of crowd participation.
The French act are prop balancers.
The Chinese Acrobats are self explanatory
I love Jammitors, but younger kids might not get the references, but they are still awesome.

Sergio just kills me - totally cracks me up. These acts shouldn't be missed. They are all at set times. I plan our WS strolls, snacks according to these shows. I still haven't seen any of the movies - or animatronic things. We like being in the sun outside much more (with a snack.) But I bet we'd love the movies and indoor acts as well.
I like the France pavilion act, but the wife can't watch it because she's so worried they're going to fall! Out of curiosity, does anyone know if they ever have fallen?

I was very disappointed.

Awww, that's too bad. I was hoping they'd use Martin Short for the updated film and was disappointed when I heard that they had not. I had a feeling I wouldn't like the new version as much for that reason alone. I guess I won't be in a hurry to see the new film now.
I hate when disney changes things that I really like! lol

Our favorite World Showcase "entertainment" is the International Cast Members!

Where else in the World can you talk to young peope from 11 Countries in a couple of hours!

They are SO interesting to talk to-especially the ones who have NEVER even been to the USA and here they are living for a YEAR at Walt Disney World! :)

They put the WORLD in WORLD Showcase -they are the STARS!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter