Epipens at the parks

jenr812

What happened to the tag fairy?
:wave2: I was directed over here :) Does anyone know if any of the first aid centers in the parks keep epipens on hand? Thanks!

I honestly don't think they keep them on hand, they seemed to have non-prescription type products (aspirin, acetaminophen and the like). I've never thought about not taking my own with me because the centers are not always easy to get to in a hurry and if I needed my pen, it would be pretty serious.

GL finding the answer! :)

I called First Aid at one of the parks (local call) and asked. The response was: "Oh, no. The person should keep it with them."

Thanks for the info. :) DH is allergic to bees but his epipen is expired. I am worried DH won't get to the dr before our trip (he doesn't seem to see the importance *sigh* plus we are between insurances right now) so I was just checking JIC. I will have to nag him harder about this. Thanks again.

Could he just ask for a refill instead of seeing the doc again? Just a thought in case he doesn't get there in time. During our July 03 trip both me & DH got stung, both times at MK!

The First Aid places are staffed by nurses, not doctors, so they can't give anything that requires a prescription. Thus, no Epipens.

Anne

You could call the pharmacy and ask them to call the Dr. to renew the prescription. Pay for it yourself, even if you insurance won't cover it yet. It's too important to let it go by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter