Event/large group info

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Hello!
Is there any place to find which (if any) large groups, like groups participating in a sporting event, will be in WDW when we go? I saw the events page on the Wide World of Sports page, but I didn’t know if there was another place to look.
We are staying at Pop at the end of February and debating moving to a moderate or Deluxe to avoid groups of loosely supervised teenagers but don’t want to spend the money if they won’t be a problem. As of now, I only see college training sessions listed for our time on the WWOS page.
Thank you!

I don't know a specific place that lists all of them. I will say that we went this year during the last week of Feb and first week of March. The first weekend of March has the Contest of Champions which I couldn't find anywhere on a Disney site. We noticed tons of dancers in the park and in the bus line to get back to POR. It took me some time to find out what was going on when I looked it up on Google.

I don't know a specific place that lists all of them. I will say that we went this year during the last week of Feb and first week of March. The first weekend of March has the Contest of Champions which I couldn't find anywhere on a Disney site. We noticed tons of dancers in the park and in the bus line to get back to POR. It took me some time to find out what was going on when I looked it up on Google.
Thanks! Were the groups there staying at POR? I was thinking that those groups typically stayed at value resorts, but I guess I should prepare for moderates too...

Thanks! Were the groups there staying at POR? I was thinking that those groups typically stayed at value resorts, but I guess I should prepare for moderates too...
We were confused by this too. We were staying at POR and I guess this group was too. They can stay at any of the resorts it just depends what their preference is. We didn’t notice any of them while we were at the hotel except for some signs in the windows. However, we took a day to drive to all of the resorts for fun and we definitely noticed them at all star sports outside practicing and being loud.

Hello!
Is there any place to find which (if any) large groups, like groups participating in a sporting event, will be in WDW when we go? I saw the events page on the Wide World of Sports page, but I didn’t know if there was another place to look.
We are staying at Pop at the end of February and debating moving to a moderate or Deluxe to avoid groups of loosely supervised teenagers but don’t want to spend the money if they won’t be a problem. As of now, I only see college training sessions listed for our time on the WWOS page.
Thank you!

From my experience the cheerleaders get there at the end of January for their competition...and some of them definitely did stay at Port Orleans, but I left the day after they got there...from a quick google search it looks like it's mid February in 2018. https://uca.varsity.com/Competitions/National-HS-Cheerleading-Championship

And college cheerleaders are in January? Too many competitions to keep track of...all I remember was seeing a ton of girls in wicked high heels about to walk around Magic Kingdom, and thinking of all the twisted ankles that would result from that poor decision.

So far it looks like last week of February/first week of March may be clear of large events. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

So far it looks like last week of February/first week of March may be clear of large events. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
That's when we are going, but we will be there the first weekend of March as well and that's when Contest of Champions is.

That's when we are going, but we will be there the first weekend of March as well and that's when Contest of Champions is.
Hopefully I will see you there amidst well behaved competitors and low crowds ;)

Hopefully I will see you there amidst well behaved competitors and low crowds ;)
Haha yep here’s to hoping! It wasn’t too bad last year when they were there. The bus ride from the park at night was the only really bad time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter