Ever get bored on non Disney vacations?

Brancaneve

That means Snow White in another language.
My DH and two kids(4 and 6) just returned from a 5 day trip to Santa Cruz, Monterey, and SF We had a nice time enjoying the weather, ocean, food, family and friends. But we left one day early because we were dying to go home. On the drive home, my DH turned to me and asked me if perhaps, we are only suited to Disney vacations. I think he's right!!!!

When we are in DL or WDW, I am so sad to leave and I walk out of the parks with my head down. We are also so busy all day, that to rest in the hotel room is a true moment of peace and relaxation in an exhilirating sort of way. On our non Disney vacations, we all get a little homesick. Anyone else feel the same way on non Disney vacations? Is there something wrong with us?

We try to package our non disney vacations together with a disney one.
For example our last two years were:
San Diego and DL
San Francisco, Yosemite National Park, and Monterey and DL

and before that we did a Tampa Bay and WDW.

Now what will I do?
The wife wants to go to North Carolina (Hatteras) and I want to go to Portland, Oregon and hit Cannon Beach and maybe drive up to Seattle. How would I package a Disney vacation with those two places?

Oh Disney why do you do this to me?

Lol... I am with you...we were talking about possibly doing Hawaii this winter instead....and decided not to! We do drive down from Canada, and last time took a week to drive back stopping in SanFrancisco, seeing Hearst Castle, driving through Big Sur up through Oregon along the water all the way, it was really awesome...but we always drive down the I5 as fast as we can to get to Disneyland! I guess we'd do Hawaii if we did a week long stop over in LA first to do Disneyland!! Our daughter and son in law want to get married and do a cruise with our very close family.... Disney cruise lines are starting up in 2011 leaving from Vancouver BC (we live just outside the city) up to Alaska. We may end up doing that....we would never consider a cruise if it were not Disney.

The wife wants to go to North Carolina (Hatteras) and I want to go to Portland, Oregon and hit Cannon Beach and maybe drive up to Seattle. How would I package a Disney vacation with those two places?

North Carolina is close to South Carolina. Rent a reservation on points at the Hilton Head DVC and have a little dose of Disney. :)

Fly from KC to Seattle. Have fun up here (visit Tacoma!), go on down Cannon Beach, have a nice day or two, go into Portland, stay at a McMenamins property...then catch the Coast Starlight and book it (slowly) on down to the Anaheim Amtrak station and hit DLR! Go home from SNA.

There. Fixed your vacations. :)

My DH and two kids(4 and 6) just returned from a 5 day trip to Santa Cruz, Monterey, and SF We had a nice time enjoying the weather, ocean, food, family and friends. But we left one day early because we were dying to go home. On the drive home, my DH turned to me and asked me if perhaps, we are only suited to Disney vacations. I think he's right!!!!

When we are in DL or WDW, I am so sad to leave and I walk out of the parks with my head down. We are also so busy all day, that to rest in the hotel room is a true moment of peace and relaxation in an exhilirating sort of way. On our non Disney vacations, we all get a little homesick. Anyone else feel the same way on non Disney vacations? Is there something wrong with us?

I have had a few vacations that were non-disney related, one including flying off the continent. It was a great 2 week trip but it's never the same as our good ol' Disney trip. That magic is just not there.

I completely agree with you. I will never get sick of Disneyland. It holds so many great memories and special and rewarding occasions.

My heart will forever be there.

Now what will I do?

If you wait until 2011 you could take a DCL cruise to Alaska from Vancouver which is close to Seattle. You have 2 years to save up for that which you will need.

If you wait until 2011 you could take a DCL cruise to Alaska from Vancouver which is close to Seattle. You have 2 years to save up for that which you will need.

We were just at the cruise ship terminal on monday (in Vancouver) had to get our passports updated and it is all in the same area. It's a really beautiful terminal to start a cruise from! It was a sunny day and all the trees are autumn colors, against the blue sea and mountains in the background...we've lived here all our lives and were saying if you were to see it for the first time it would really take your breath away! It's all in the oldest part of the city, so lot's of walking tours to do too (gastown, chinatown) lot's of amazing places to eat. I love it when we go play tourist for a day!! The Pan Pacific is the hotel that's right at the terminal, stunning place to stay!! and then a cruise to Alaska with Disney...what a lifetime vacation!! you are right it will take 2 years to save up!

Did you all know that the Disney Vacation Club is currently building a resort in Hawaii??? They will also offer non DVC room. Ahhhh...a perfect blend of the islands with the Disney magic. Then the cruises to either Mexico or Alaska will also be a great treat!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Living in SoCal, I can go to Disneyland anytime I want. So I don't really plan vacations there. I enjoy anywhere I go on a vacation. Although I would like to go to WDW again. It's been 20 years since I've been.

Did you all know that the Disney Vacation Club is currently building a resort in Hawaii??? They will also offer non DVC room. Ahhhh...a perfect blend of the islands with the Disney magic. Then the cruises to either Mexico or Alaska will also be a great treat!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!

That will be vary scary. I can't afford a plane trip there!!!!! I guess I will have to swim.

I imagine that midwesterners and those on the east coast pay a lot to go to Hawaii. It would be like us flying to Europe and probably for the same amount of time it takes as well. I guess we can only dream.....

We only refer to non disney trips as "trips". Only our Disney trips are referred to as "vacations".

North Carolina is close to South Carolina. Rent a reservation on points at the Hilton Head DVC and have a little dose of Disney. :)

Fly from KC to Seattle. Have fun up here (visit Tacoma!), go on down Cannon Beach, have a nice day or two, go into Portland, stay at a McMenamins property...then catch the Coast Starlight and book it (slowly) on down to the Anaheim Amtrak station and hit DLR! Go home from SNA.

There. Fixed your vacations. :)

Thanks bumbershoot.....now I just need the funds.

We often visit other places, but only Disney is a vacation. We come home from Disney tired, happy, and at peace.

Our very best family experiences have been at Disney, including the creation of our latest addition to the family.

There is something for everyone. Our teens can ride thrill rides, my hubby gets a dose of Star Wars and Pirates, and I get music and magic. There has never been another experience that satisfies everyone as completely as Disney.

Our oldest will be flying into California after her Fall Semester of her Sophomore year of college and the younger kids will drive with us for a Christmas trip this December. I just cannot imagine any place that can please this many people of such diverse ages and desires.

Oh, I just got teary eyed thinking about this Christmas:santa:. Next summer our oldest turns 20 and I wonder how many more family vacations we will be able to have together. I want to snuggle the kids around me and just drink in these last few years when we are still "home" to all the kids.

Ah, shucks. I am going to get off of this computer and go kiss the kids, who are sleeping. It just feels like there are never enough hours in the day or enough days in a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter