Ever use Costco.ca for car rental?

We have booked with them many times and like another mentioned, I always check closer to the time of travel and have often seen my price reduce by close to 20% - it's a great way to save on car rentals!

Question... if you book through costco, do you still get points with the rental company?

I don't know about points - but we have Fastbreak with Budget and we are able to insert our Fastbreak # when we reserve with Costco - which saves a LOT of time when we go to pick up our vehicle - so I'm assuming you would be able to insert any other rental company membership number for other providers? You can always contact the rental company and see.

I don't know about points - but we have Fastbreak with Budget and we are able to insert our Fastbreak # when we reserve with Costco - which saves a LOT of time when we go to pick up our vehicle - so I'm assuming you would be able to insert any other rental company membership number for other providers? You can always contact the rental company and see.

Thanks! We usually book with Enterprise and have a fair number of their points. Costco rental is slightly cheaper at the moment, just wondering if I would still get points through Costco or if I should stick with Enterprise for the points/status.

Thanks! We usually book with Enterprise and have a fair number of their points. Costco rental is slightly cheaper at the moment, just wondering if I would still get points through Costco or if I should stick with Enterprise for the points/status.
You could go to the Costco site, find the code for Enterprise (CSTCCAN) in either the coupon code or contract id on the Enterprise site. You'll still get the Costco pricing and extra driver, but not the Costco cashback.

(from the Canadian Costco rental page)​
upload_2018-1-11_0-6-36.png

I did notice last year that Alamo and Costco were sometimes different prices, so I think some things are up to who's updating the website. In the end, we used an Alamo price with the Costco coupon, which, on that day was about $20 less, total. Other days, the Costco price was a little lower. If you have the time, check both.

Also, there may be a spot on the Costco site for the rental agency loyalty. I don't have one, so I glossed over it, but I think it's on the page where you enter your name, etc.

I've booked a car rental on Costco.ca for 2 reasons: (1) it was cheaper than anywhere else, and (2) they allow spouses to drive for free.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever used Costco for their car rental? How did it go?
All the time.
I always use www.costcotravel.com when booking my Florida car rental vacations....
I tend to use Alamo as they are usually the cheapest ones and my best experiences are with them.

I ended up booking my car rental with another site and got what I think to be an excellent deal, if not Costco would have definitely been a top contender! Although not required, the extra driver perk was really nice, the other company I booked with also had the extra driver for free as well.

BTW. Do they accept all CC when booking with them? or is it only MC?

I ended up booking my car rental with another site and got what I think to be an excellent deal, if not Costco would have definitely been a top contender! Although not required, the extra driver perk was really nice, the other company I booked with also had the extra driver for free as well.

BTW. Do they accept all CC when booking with them? or is it only MC?
Costco.ca and Costcotravel.ca both take Visa and Mastercard. They always did, even when the stores only took AmEx.

I am pushing my kids to book through Costco before we all head down to Florida. The reason is not only cheaper, but they can get the car from the Disney Car Care Centre (we'll all be staying at Fort Wilderness).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!