Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

We have 4 adults with 4 suitcases (not carryon size - large enough that will have to be checked) and we will each have a small carryon. Will we fit in an Uber XL? Or just stick with Mears Minivan taxi?

We have 4 adults with 4 suitcases (not carryon size - large enough that will have to be checked) and we will each have a small carryon. Will we fit in an Uber XL? Or just stick with Mears Minivan taxi?
When DD, DGD(10), DH and I used it, with the same, (4 full size suitcases and 4 back packs), we fit in an XL

AngiTN: Now, thanks to you, we know where the Uber pickup is at Epcot, but 3 days ago when we were at Epcot--waiting for a bus that took forever to arrive--we called for an Uber but had no idea where to go to be picked up. Unfortunately, the driver was not fluent in English and was unable to describe where we should go to meet him. He told us the electric car charging station (in text messages) but we didn't know where that was. We canceled the ride and ended up taking the bus, which finally showed up.

The monorail was down that day and the buses were delayed. Kinda frustrating, but we did get where we wanted to go and the Uber fee was only about 5 bucks, so no great loss.

From the Uber map on my sister's iPhone, we were unable to tell where the car was. The "map" was basically a white background with two pins on it. Not exactly helpful.
The best people to ask for help are the parking cm's in the yellow pants. They have to know the location, because they will direct the drivers there when the drivers are clueless.

Being in the bus area, you could have asked a bus driver -- they might know the location, or might not.
What I think is the HS location
f6aabc11-a6b5-4bdc-8601-7d766ea67346.jpg
That's the general area; the problem is that that area of the lot doesn't look anything like your picture anymore because of the construction. Also, it's a bit hard to read because north is up, but when you approach that area you'd be facing west. Any way, the easiest way to describe it is that it's at the taxi stand, which is beyond the Pop bus loading zone along the tram lane.

Last edited:

Great question!

XL vehicles must carry 6 passengers with seatbelts -- but NOT 6 passengers with everything they own! I once had five VERY LARGE ladies from NYC on a ride from Midtown Miami to Port Everglades, and they each had one huge suitcase and other assorted bags. In addition to her big suitcase, one had three other bags plus a purse that I could live out of for a week! We got them all in somehow, but it was an adventure.

With 4 people and normal luggage, you should be fine. In most XL vehicles, you'll have one person in the third row, two in the second row, and one in the front passenger seat. Depending on the interior design of the vehicle, the person in the third row may have to board before the luggage goes in, but they'll be fine. If the second row has a bench seat, you'll probably have three passengers there with the third row down for more luggage space.

The driver will know how best to load the luggage -- we do it all the time, and know what fits best where.

Great question!

XL vehicles must carry 6 passengers with seatbelts -- but NOT 6 passengers with everything they own! I once had five VERY LARGE ladies from NYC on a ride from Midtown Miami to Port Everglades, and they each had one huge suitcase and other assorted bags. In addition to her big suitcase, one had three other bags plus a purse that I could live out of for a week! We got them all in somehow, but it was an adventure.

With 4 people and normal luggage, you should be fine. In most XL vehicles, you'll have one person in the third row, two in the second row, and one in the front passenger seat. Depending on the interior design of the vehicle, the person in the third row may have to board before the luggage goes in, but they'll be fine. If the second row has a bench seat, you'll probably have three passengers there with the third row down for more luggage space.

The driver will know how best to load the luggage -- we do it all the time, and know what fits best where.
I'm not that familiar with full-size SUV's. Do most have a split rear seat, that can fold down half or 60% while still seating one passenger back there?

That's the general area; the problem is that that area of the lot doesn't look anything like your picture anymore because of the construction. Also, it's a bit hard to read because north is up, but when you approach that area you'd be facing west. Any way, the easiest way to describe it is that it's at the taxi stand, which is beyond the Pop bus loading zone along the tram lane.
Yep, that's what makes it so hard about HS. I noticed the last time we used it, which was in March, they'd redirected the walking path too.
We used to have to go "down" from the X on my photo, and across the pedestrian crossing (which is just off screen on my map) and up along the row of buses towards the Entrance.
But in March they directed you to go "up" along an un-shown construction fence along the road, towards the pedestrian crossing that you can see just below where I marked the Entrance. It was a much shorter walk than going all the way around the buses. No idea if there's been any changes to construction since then or not, we didn't visit HS on our April trip.

The biggest problem is if you are leaving the park and have never used Taxi/Passenger Pick Up/Drop Off, there are no signs telling the guest where to go. I guess they assume you already used that method of transportation to arrive so they don't mark how to find it when leaving.

I'm not that familiar with full-size SUV's. Do most have a split rear seat, that can fold down half or 60% while still seating one passenger back there?
Yes, exactly. So depending on the load, you can fold down the larger part for lots of luggage, or the smaller side for more passenger room. I drive a Buick Enclave and my third row drops in about two seconds -- very simple and easy.

This has been super helpful but super confusing as well, as from a boards search and a Google search it seems like the drop off areas for WDW parks move around a lot. For our trip in October, if we did Uber from a Universal resort to Epcot would it be easier to be dropped at the Boardwalk or thereabouts than their constantly moving designated areas? We don't mind walking, and it seems like we will have to hike it a bit any way. Thank you!

This has been super helpful but super confusing as well, as from a boards search and a Google search it seems like the drop off areas for WDW parks move around a lot. For our trip in October, if we did Uber from a Universal resort to Epcot would it be easier to be dropped at the Boardwalk or thereabouts than their constantly moving designated areas? We don't mind walking, and it seems like we will have to hike it a bit any way. Thank you!
If you're going to Epcot, you don't need to worry about whether the drop-off location has moved. When you leave Epcot, just go back to wherever you were dropped off.

You could get dropped off at BC if you want to see the resort or enter at IG, but I wouldn't if you're starting your visit in Future World.

They are not constantly moving.
I'd pick where I got dropped off based on where I was going.
If my destination is WS, then yes, go to BWI or BC and walk in IG
If my destination is FW, then no, go to Epcot and get dropped off at the Passenger Drop Off area. Because honestly, if you are getting dropped off, you don't need to worry about the location. You enter Disney Epcot Park and the app does the rest. The driver will know where to go (in my experience).
Plus, if you are calling for a car to leave Epcot you may want to know where pick up is at Epcot. If you get dropped there that helps tremendously to know where pick up is.

With 4 people and normal luggage, you should be fine.
Last year we ordered an Uber XL to transfer from CBR to YC and we got a small mini van. Two adults and two adult children with 1 suitcase each. My daughter ended up having to sit in the very back with the luggage because he couldn't fit us all in. We probably should have requested another XL and denied this ride, but we weren't going far and my daughter was okay with it. We would never have accepted it if we were getting on the highway though. Thought that was very strange.

Sorry if this was asked before but do you have any vehicles that have wheelchair tie Downs?

Sorry if this was asked before but do you have any vehicles that have wheelchair tie Downs?
Uber and Lyft do NOT.

I believe the big taxi company Mears has some accessible vehicles, and Disney has two accessible MinnieVans, I believe.

All Disney buses are equipped to accommodate wheelchairs, scooters, etc.

Please excuse me if this has been answered. I've gone through many posts but not seen an answer. New to Uber and plan to use it in July. Where are the current drop-off/pick-up points for each of the four parks? I just loaded the app and tried putting in POR as our starting location and then each individual park, but I get different park locations pop up. And some more expensive than others. Do I choose the park's main entrance, bus stop, or...? I've also read that you can't get an Uber to MK, but to go to the Contemporary instead and walk to MK. I've never been to the Contemporary, so if this is true, where exactly would I request a drop-off/pick-up if I were planning to walk to/from the Contemporary? So confusing :confused: TIA
So glad I asked this question. I'll read through each response thoroughly and hopefully it will clarify what I need to know. The veterans here are very knowledgeable but to someone who has limited experience, it's a little daunting. For instance, the assumption that I know even where all of the areas mentioned are, is wrong. But I'll do my research. Thanks to everyone who responded! :thanks::disrocks:

So glad I asked this question. I'll read through each response thoroughly and hopefully it will clarify what I need to know. The veterans here are very knowledgeable but to someone who has limited experience, it's a little daunting. For instance, the assumption that I know even where all of the areas mentioned are, is wrong. But I'll do my research. Thanks to everyone who responded! :thanks::disrocks:
But you know the park names, I'm certain. And resort names. The easy part is you don't have to enter anything for a destination more than
Disney's Animal Kingdom
or
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
or
Disney's Hollywood Studios
or
Disney's Polynesian Resort

The app will do all the rest.
For pick up, when you open the app to request a pick up, it will tell you where the pick up spot is, and remind you to go there. They have it coded nicely. The best idea, if you can, for your first trip, always go to the park from your resort. That way, you'll know exactly where the drop off is so when you need to get picked up at a park, you'll know exactly where to head.

Like many things, it's easier to do than to explain. And there are always lots of people willing to help. Relax and enjoy -- it's easy!

Sorry if this has been asked (I didn't make it thru 100 pages of replies) - but can I get an Uber from AKL to CR if I want to watch the fireworks from the DVC balcony? I'm a DVC member.....

Sorry if this has been asked (I didn't make it thru 100 pages of replies) - but can I get an Uber from AKL to CR if I want to watch the fireworks from the DVC balcony? I'm a DVC member.....
Yes, of course. Or...you could take the Disney bus to MK and walk to CR. It's just a short walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!