Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

I want to be picked up for early morning magic at Hollywood Studios (leaving from bay lake tower) around 6:30 am on Dec 10th. Can I pre-schedule this ride?
Yes, but DON'T.

Pre-scheduling means nothing except your ride request gets dispatched 15 minutes or so before your scheduled time (with Lyft, I had one more than an HOUR early!).

The most likely outcome is the driver will arrive before you are ready and you will be charged a cancellation fee.
Or do I have to just wait until 6:20 and hope there is a car around. Do Uber/Lyft run that early?
This^^^^^. There will be plenty of drivers available.

I was planning on taking a Minnie Van after MVMCP but I heard they stop running at 12:30 and I dont want to be rushing out just to take a minnie van. Will an uber be able to pull into the Contemporary to pick me up if I walk there after the party?

I was planning on taking a Minnie Van after MVMCP but I heard they stop running at 12:30 and I dont want to be rushing out just to take a minnie van. Will an uber be able to pull into the Contemporary to pick me up if I walk there after the party?

Yes. No problem.

As of 2 weeks ago, it was in the former cm parking lot, near the temporary parking tram stop. There were some umbrellas and benches set up about halfway across the lot.

Has the Uber/Lyft pickup spot in Hollywood Studios changed lately? We haven’t been there since before the new bus stops were built, so it’s hard to tell if this post from October is still correct. Thanks!

Has the Uber/Lyft pickup spot in Hollywood Studios changed lately? We haven’t been there since before the new bus stops were built, so it’s hard to tell if this post from October is still correct. Thanks!
It was still the same last week, although the walkway to the entrance was a little bit more direct than it was originally.

Minnie Van & taxis were moved to the original handicapped lot.

Just checking. Is there one or two drop off/pickup locations at Disney Springs? Thanks.

Just checking. Is there one or two drop off/pickup locations at Disney Springs? Thanks.
  1. West Side in bus loop behind Cirque.
  2. Marketplace in bus loop behind Days of Christmas.
But I haven't been there this month. The first year they had the Christmas tree trail, it was in the Marketplace bus loop. I don't know where it is this year.

will normal Uber and Lyft pick up my family with a 3 year old or do we have to get a Minnie van or Uber car seat from an onsite hotel to a park?

will normal Uber and Lyft pick up my family with a 3 year old or do we have to get a Minnie van or Uber car seat from an onsite hotel to a park?
MinnieVan or car seat Uber.

A regular Uber/Lyft driver should not drive a 3 year-old without proper restraint. Some might, but it violates Florida state law and both companies' policies...as well as common sense.

1. West Side in bus loop behind Cirque.
  2. Marketplace in bus loop behind Days of Christmas.
Is this definitely still the case? I've read on multiple sites that Uber now only picks up at one DS location - the Strawberry lot on the West Side. This is also mentioned on the Uber site: https://www.uber.com/cities/orlando/destinations/walt-disney-world/ where it states --

Request a ride to Disney Springs. You’ll be dropped off at the Strawberry parking lot. When you’re ready to leave, follow the marked signs to the Strawberry lot, then request a ride. Your pin will automatically be dropped at the Strawberry lot, and your driver will arrive in minutes.

Uber pro tip: Your Uber driver can only pick up and drop off at the Strawberry parking lot, so if your final destination is at the other end of Disney Springs, be sure to add in several minutes of walking time.

Is this definitely still the case? I've read on multiple sites that Uber now only picks up at one DS location - the Strawberry lot on the West Side. This is also mentioned on the Uber site: https://www.uber.com/cities/orlando/destinations/walt-disney-world/ where it states --

Request a ride to Disney Springs. You’ll be dropped off at the Strawberry parking lot. When you’re ready to leave, follow the marked signs to the Strawberry lot, then request a ride. Your pin will automatically be dropped at the Strawberry lot, and your driver will arrive in minutes.

Uber pro tip: Your Uber driver can only pick up and drop off at the Strawberry parking lot, so if your final destination is at the other end of Disney Springs, be sure to add in several minutes of walking time.

Thanks for this info/question, that’s definitely good to know for my upcoming trip. I think the Christmas Tree walkthrough is blocking out the other drop off area.

I know that prices cannot be discussed but could someone compare the cost of parking at WDW with using Uber/Lyft from off property?

I know that prices cannot be discussed but could someone compare the cost of parking at WDW with using Uber/Lyft from off property?
We discuss prices all the time here; nothing wrong with that.

There are two ways to get fare quotes. One is to go to RideGuru.com and enter your starting and ending locations and you will see a wide variety of options including various levels of Uber/Lyft, plus taxis. I find those approximate quotes to be fairly accurate, although both companies prices do fluctuate depending on demand. Another is to go to either Uber or Lyft's website and use their fare estimators -- or get a fare quote from your Uber or Lyft app.

Either way, understand that the prices will vary somewhat depending on which direction you are going. If you're leaving a small offsite resort with little demand when you request the ride, your fare may be lower than your fare back from a theme park with higher demand. And if you're leaving a theme park at closing, the fare may be quite a bit higher.

Obviously, it matters greatly WHERE offsite you are staying because Uber/Lyft fares are a function of time and distance.

I drive for both companies in Miami, but when we go to WDW I prefer to drive to the parks. OTOH, many people don't like to drive any more than necessary while on vacation, so it's really more of a personal preference than a cost-based decision.

If you don't mind me asking why do you prefer to park on site?
Just a personal preference. If we want to park hop, or return to the resort for a nap/swim break, it's easier to drive two round trips than bus or Uber two round trips. Also, we've made many trips, always drive up from Miami so we always have a car, and we know our way around.

We also prefer to eat dinner offsite (more variety, better food, less expensive) and it's much easier to drive from the park to Celebration for example, than to bus/Uber back to the resort and then drive from there.

So for us, driving everywhere is just easier...whether we are onsite or offsite.

It's always said just Strawberry lot. But I don't think there's any restriction for a drop off, since the driver can go anywhere a car can go.
In all our rides to DS we've only had 1 driver take us to Strawberry lot by default. All others have asked where we are heading and dropped us either in the Orange garage at the walkway or at the old bus loop.

Pick up may be trickier. But we've never done pick up, just drop offs. We are never in a time crunch leaving, just going. With the pin feature, and live locations, it could be possible to pin your pickup to anywhere

I’ve never used a rideshare before and want to see if I have this right. We want to go from AoA to Universal for the day and then back.

Two adults, a 2-yo using the UberXL/Uber Family car seat, infant in carrier that is also a car seat, and 2 strollers.

An Uber XL should work in this situation, especially if I text the drivers each way.

Does that sound right?

Thank you!

The fewer(as time passes Übers with car seats only have one. It's up to the driver whether to accept your own seat. Have a backup ( or even primary) plan, like engaging a car service with which you discuss thisin advance. Or maybe rent a car for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter