Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Both Uber & Lyft now let drivers know when a trip is expected to take more than 45 minutes, before they accept it. Still, contacting the driver as soon as they're assigned is not a bad idea.
We get Long Ride Notifications, but we don't know the length or direction of your trip -- and that may mean everything to the driver. So yes, definitely call the driver ASAP.

Thanks for the help. We are going to Universal from the hotel near the airport so I will call and let the driver know.

My folks live in Merritt Island so we'll be going over there for the remainder of our trip and my Dad will deliver us to the airport for our return flight. The last time I had him pick us up at the resort, though, he got really annoyed with the traffic and I don't want to cause him extra aggravation.

I managed to find a one-way day rental for about $50 so I reserved that. I might still try to get the Uber (because I'd really rather not drive and overall it would just be easier), but if I have trouble finding someone to do it I'll just have them take me to the rental agency instead.

After looking at prices, it looks cheaper to use Uber for the 3 day Universal resort end of our WDW trip.:teacher:

After looking at prices, it looks cheaper to use Uber for the 3 day Universal resort end of our WDW trip.:teacher:
For the transfer from your WDW-area resort to Universal, be sure you order enough car -- enough to carry your party and all their luggage. Also, going from Universal to the airport.

If you have any doubts, post your party's size and other info here and one of us will give you a suggestion on which size vehicle to order.

For the transfer from your WDW-area resort to Universal, be sure you order enough car -- enough to carry your party and all their luggage. Also, going from Universal to the airport.

If you have any doubts, post your party's size and other info here and one of us will give you a suggestion on which size vehicle to order.

I love the disboard.:flower1:Thanks so much. I am quite the Uber Queen. We Ubered Las Vegas last month, what a great trip with friends. We will be a party of 2 regular luggage. Parking at Univsal is over $20 per nights:badpc: We have a day off between WDW and Universal to visit the outlet shopping area.:teeth:

Technical question:teacher:
I gave my son my unlocked AT&T Samsung smart phone, I used Uber on this phone when it was mine.
Currently he is on Family mobile/T mobile and has reinstalled Uber added account payment info but Uber still doesn’t work on the phone???? It is impossible to talk to Uber. Can anyone help? Is there a techie board I can post this on?:cold:

I love the disboard.:flower1:Thanks so much. I am quite the Uber Queen. We Ubered Las Vegas last month, what a great trip with friends. We will be a party of 2 regular luggage. Parking at Univsal is over $20 per nights:badpc: We have a day off between WDW and Universal to visit the outlet shopping area.:teeth:

Technical question:teacher:
I gave my son my unlocked AT&T Samsung smart phone, I used Uber on this phone when it was mine.
Currently he is on Family mobile/T mobile and has reinstalled Uber added account payment info but Uber still doesn’t work on the phone???? It is impossible to talk to Uber. Can anyone help? Is there a techie board I can post this on?:cold:
By not work what does it do, or not do, exactly?

I find I can often find help by Googling the exact results/problem. 99% of the time, someone else has had the same problem and posts what their solution was somewhere

By not work what does it do, or not do, exactly?

I find I can often find help by Googling the exact results/problem. 99% of the time, someone else has had the same problem and posts what their solution was somewhere

After scratching the surface of my brain it is fixed. It had to do with the pop server/http he had an email address that he entered incorrectly and so on. I’m done:badpc::scared:

I read something recently that there is a minimum charge for Uber. Is this correct? If the trip is very short is there a minimum amount you'll pay. I think that's a good thing if it is, just curious if it's correct, or not, more than anything

I read something recently that there is a minimum charge for Uber. Is this correct? If the trip is very short is there a minimum amount you'll pay. I think that's a good thing if it is, just curious if it's correct, or not, more than anything
Yes: Orkando rates:
upload_2017-12-20_11-29-20.png

And you don't want to know how little Joel gets for a minimum fare ride! :eek:

Interesting chart, though. Joel -- are they charging riders time and distance if they cancel while you are en route to pickup? You're not getting any of that in addition to the cancellation fee, are you?

And you don't want to know how little Joel gets for a minimum fare ride! :eek:

Interesting chart, though. Joel -- are they charging riders time and distance if they cancel while you are en route to pickup? You're not getting any of that in addition to the cancellation fee, are you?
I haven't been doing much driving lately, but I think that was supposed to be passed thru as one of the recent changes.

I think I read that there are toll roads between MCO and WDW. If so, does the Uber driver pay them (and include them in the fees) or do I pay them as we arrive at the toll booths?

I think I read that there are toll roads between MCO and WDW. If so, does the Uber driver pay them (and include them in the fees) or do I pay them as we arrive at the toll booths?
Tolls will be included in the charges by Uber.

Uber charges you, and reimburses the driver, at the discounted SunPass rate.

Can I use my own Sunpass transponder in an Uber card in lieu of the extra fee charged from Uber ?
It would seem pretty easy to just have the driver stick it on the windshield , and input the Uber car's license plate number on the uber app for the approx timeframe.......

Is this possible ? Will be going from Sanford Airport , to a WDW resort, then back again . Would prefer to use our own Sunpass .

Thanks ......

Id expect the Über/Lyft driver to have their own transponder, and be less than willing to turn it off - if thats even possible - lest they forget to turn it back on. You'd likely then have both transponders charged.

Can I use my own Sunpass transponder in an Uber card in lieu of the extra fee charged from Uber ?
It would seem pretty easy to just have the driver stick it on the windshield , and input the Uber car's license plate number on the uber app for the approx timeframe.......

Is this possible ? Will be going from Sanford Airport , to a WDW resort, then back again . Would prefer to use our own Sunpass .

Thanks ......
LOL...not in my Uber! Because...
kaytieeidr said:
Id expect the Über/Lyft driver to have their own transponder, and be less than willing to turn it off - if thats even possible - lest they forget to turn it back on. You'd likely then have both transponders charged.
THIS is exactly what would happen in that scenario! You would get charged TWICE -- once on your own transponder and once by Uber. Uber charges tolls based on the ROUTE traveled by the driver, NOT by Sunpass receipts or any other method. If the route passes a toll station, toll is charged.

And, in any event, Uber is going to charge you the discounted Sunpass rate anyway. It's a straight pass-through with no markup. There is no "extra fee."

The only person who could get hurt by tolls is a driver who doesn't have Sunpass. Many probably can't even imagine a driver NOT having Sunpass -- but I can, and I bet Joel and Rob can too, lol!

Thanks for the info about the Sunpass ........
One less thing to bring on vacation if we use an Uber I guess.

And, in any event, Uber is going to charge you the discounted Sunpass rate anyway. It's a straight pass-through with no markup. There is no "extra fee."
I think Uber charges the cash rate. At least that's what they reimburse the driver, last time I checked.

Lyft does use the electronic rate.

I think Uber charges the cash rate. At least that's what they reimburse the driver, last time I checked.

Lyft does use the electronic rate.
In Miami, they reimburse the SunPass rate. There are no cash tolls in Miami-Dade County. We have SunPass or bill-by-plate, which is what used to be the cash price + an administrative fee of $2.50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter