Every Mile is a Miracle

Happy Thanksgiving! And congrats on the trip to London. Have you been before? July is a great time to go.
Thanks! We have been once on a day trip years and years ago, so we are excited to go for a longer time and my daughter is super excited to see Harry Potter related anything.

Star Wars -- Let the Saga Begin!

Okay, as some of you may know, my husband is forcing me to watch the Star Wars movies for the first time. Maybe forcing is a strong word. But he basically said I don't have a choice, so in return I told him that he has to pair a booze with each movie. You know, give me some incentive to watch these things.

I know there is a lot of controversy on how to watch these movies, but we are going chronologically through the story. And while I know some of the big spoilers, I have found myself with lots of questions. So I am going to post the pairings and reviews here if y'all wanna join along. There will probably be spoilers. You have been warned.

Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Rogue One
Episode IV: A New Hope
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi
Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Last edited:
Episode I: The Phantom Menace

I am not going to do like a full re-cap or anything. This may just end up being my scatter-brained thoughts on things that happened in the movie. I don’t know. But I am going to start off with this:

Jar Jar Binks is my husband’s most hated character in the series.

He loathes him. So I had done some reading on Jar Jar back in the day because I wanted to understand why people didn’t like him. But there were some really good points on why he was an important character to the story, so I appreciated that. That being said, I was NOT expecting his voice to be like that. He gave me Dobby from Harry Potter vibes but a little less helpful. I didn’t mind him though. My husband just kept saying “If he didn’t do that or save him then they wouldn’t be in X situation” and I was like “You could say the same about saving Anakin, sooooo…..”

The race scene with Anakin was about 2 loops too long.

I am sad that we only get Liam Neeson for one movie.

Kiera Knightly looks nothing like Natalie Portman.

I don’t feel like they really explain the political issues that are going on with the Republic and the Order (if I even got those right??). I just can’t follow what the problem is.

Booze Pairing:
Brad chose a New Belgium Single Foeder Oscar No. 65, which is a Dark Sour Ale aged in White Oak Foeders. To be honest, he hasn’t been doing to well with thinking through why he is choosing these beers. He has been trying to get us to drink this one for months. But he was like “Uhhh, because it is a Dark Sour…” LOL. It was good. Lots of dark fruits and not too sour.

Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Well, first things first. Anakin is annoying. Teenagers, amirite? Also that age gap between him and Padme is pretty concerning. I desperately want to compare Anakin to Tom Riddle but Anakin’s love/lust definitely makes him different from Tom Riddle. But you can tell he wants power and hates being told what to do.

I am still wondering what those bugs would have done to Padme if they got her. Bugs? Weird flex.

There were some scenes that I also felt went on too long. Mostly pew-pew ones.

I never realized that Storm Troopers actually had people in them??? I kind of thought that they were just robots??

I caught some Darth Vader foreshadowing and made Brad go back to see it.

I am interested to see what that kid who watched his dad die is going to grow up to be.

I cannot believe they got married. Like what? Why? How? Am I mean, this surely has to complicate things in the future. Can’t wait.

ETA: OH YEAH -- How do C3PO and R2D2 get back to the Jedi's at the end when they clearly got left in the battle ring??

Booze Pairing:
This time we had a Share This Mole, by The Bruery. This beer is an Imperial Stout with ancho chilies, chipotle peppers, cinnamon, vanilla and cacao nibs. It was kind of spicy, like the weird connection between Anakin and Padme. But this beer was drinking realllllly well. So yummy.

Last edited:
I like getting the perspective of someone seeing them for the first time. Now you're going to make me go back and watch them again. My beer isn't as good as yours though...

I'm enjoying your thoughts about each movie. Interesting to see the perspective of someone new to the story since I grew up on it and already knew some of the answers since they were set up in the original films.

Been a looooing time since I watched 1 2 & 3 - need to watch again!

Not sure about those beer choices but if you’re enjoying them then I guess good choices? I don’t like sours (keep trying in case it’s like eating olives) but each time NOPE, not a big fan of dark beers wit will have one on occasion, and definitely don’t like chilli in beer (or chocolate for that matter)

I never realized that Storm Troopers actually had people in them??? I kind of thought that they were just robots??
OMG wut. Wow you have really avoided a LOT of pop culture around Star Wars! You reminded me I definitely thought that for the first few minutes of Epidode IV the first time I saw it, when I was like 6!

OMG wut. Wow you have really avoided a LOT of pop culture around Star Wars! You reminded me I definitely thought that for the first few minutes of Epidode IV the first time I saw it, when I was like 6!
I mean, there are a LOT of them. And then you meet the clones and you're like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

How in the actual fork is it DECEMBER already?! Where has this year gone? Whew. Anyway, hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving (if you celebrate that). I had one to remember, that's for dang sure. I really need to screen the people I choose to hang out with better because SO MUCH YIKES.

Monday: REST DAY (Really, I just didn't wanna get out of bed.)

Tuesday: Another day I didn't want to get out of bed, and I didn't feel like running during my lunch break, so I got in my miles after work.
Plan - 3 mi @ EA (11:21)
Actual - 3.01 @ 11:30

IMG_2914.JPG

Wednesday: Lunch run.
Plan - 3 mi @ EA (11:21)
Actual - 3.01 @ 11:27

Thursday: We had a plan to get in a 5k today with some friends. I had a goal of doing a sub:30 5k and totally did it! Glad to see I do have some speed in my legs still.
Plan - 3.1, sub:30
Actual - 3.11 @ 28:10

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

Friday: REST DAY!
I had Friday off, so we lounged around the house for a bit and then went out and ran some errands, which included drinking margs. Then we left super late for Vegas to hang out with my parents for the weekend.

Saturday: REST DAY!
I SHOULD have just got my run in this morning, but I was feeling lazy. We did some Holiday shopping and then went out for more margs with my parents. After bedtime we got to hang out with @Keels at The Golden Tiki bar!! <3

IMG_3149.jpg

Sunday: I am doing a RunBet and because I don't want to lose my $40 I HAD to get in at least one more 30 minute run this week.
Plan - 30 min @ 11:21
Actual - 2.78 mi @ 10:59

IMG_3153 (1).jpg

Total Weekly Mileage: 13.36
Total Time Spent: 2:24:33
Average Pace: 10:53

November Mileage: 65.79
November Time Spent: 12:39:55
November Average Pace: 12:26 (I blame Bay for this one with that 20 min pace 5k she had us do at Wine and Dine, haha)

Upcoming Training:
Monday - REST DAY
Tuesday - 3 mi @ EA (11:21)
Wednesday - 4 mi @ EB (10:36)
Thursday - REST DAY
Friday - 3 mi @ EA (12:21)
Saturday - 5 mi @ LR (10:19)
Sunday - REST DAY

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

My husband started this by telling me that this is his favorite of the three trilogies. He didn't really say why and I couldn't figure out why it would be a favorite but okay. I realized half way through that as much as I have said that I know things about Star Wars because you can't fully hide from pop culture, I did have some questions about things I didn't know! But we shall get there.

From the get go my first thoughts were -- why is the accuracy of their pew-pews so terrible. There are just red and green pews flying all around and minimal hits. It's like me on Toy Story Mania.

I feel like R2D2 should have pew-pew capabilities, but he could ink himself so that was weird.

Also, R2D2 was the cute character until they created Porgs and LBY. I love his little beep boops. And obviously I was familiar with him from Star Tours and stuff but I like seeing him in action.

I forever and ever want to call C3PO, Data. I am very sorry about this.

I find myself wanted to make lots of Harry Potter references and correlations. Like how Grievous looks like Voldemort as a droid.

Grievous was also like a Saturday morning cartoon villain who always got away. (Until he didn't.)

I was really hoping for some big, cool, reason or way that Darth Vader got his name, much like how Voldemort chose his name, but WOW that was very anti-climatic.

The lightsaber fight scenes are forever changing and remind me of Mortal Kombat II.

Darth Sidious was a d-word. Big time. I actually feel bad for Anakin because he just wanted to be with his wife forever and ever. And it's like those nightmares you were having happened because you went to the dark side you idiot. Ugh. Men.

And now... I knew the whole Luke thing. But I had NO IDEA that Luke and Leia were TWINS. LIKE THAT CHANGES SO MUCH AND EW. I thought that maybe Padme hooked up with Obi Wan and then they had a baby and then they were like half-siblings. But wow. Okay. Yikes.

Overall, I am just wondering how necessary the prequels actually are. Did I need to know this back story? I guess we shall see. Was this my favorite of the bunch? I mean, I guess. Maybe I don't really have a preference.

Booze Pairing:
My husband actually had a plan with this drink! He made us a Light and Dark Rum mule. You know because the light side and the dark side. Get it? Haha. It was delicious.
Also, cool spoilers in the movie description Disney+. Geez.
IMG_3239.JPG

Your recaps are soooo much better than watching the actual movies. I saw those many years ago when they originally released and never went back to watch again as I didn't like them. Now I feel like I should.

Also, we did rewatch Episode VII, The Force Awakens, on Disney+ the other day and then realized we never say Episode VIII, The Last Jedi, but I don't see it on Disney+. Is is not on there?

Your recaps are soooo much better than watching the actual movies. I saw those many years ago when they originally released and never went back to watch again as I didn't like them. Now I feel like I should.

Also, we did rewatch Episode VII, The Force Awakens, on Disney+ the other day and then realized we never say Episode VIII, The Last Jedi, but I don't see it on Disney+. Is is not on there?
Last Jedi is on Netflix right now which is why it’s not on Disney+ yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!