Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Hi - I'm starting to wrap my mind around G+ but have a few questions around possible strategies for it.

We will be on-site for a short pre-cruise trip at the end of May. We will have 1 full day in the MK. We're hoping to be there at rope drop but we're doing Epcot AH the night before so it's hard to say for sure if we'll make it that early. With G+ is it better to get a few LLs with short waits out of the way with G+ first thing, then move on to rides that may run out of LLs? Or do we just ride standby with short waits and get Jungle Cruise, Space, etc. starting at 7 am? Hope that makes sense.

We're doing AK half day. I'm hoping to not have to purchase G+ for it but I will if needed. If we get there at rope drop I'm not sure if I should just purchase an ILL for FOP and then ride everything else standby?? Or if there's a better strategy for AK without G+.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi - I'm starting to wrap my mind around G+ but have a few questions around possible strategies for it.

We will be on-site for a short pre-cruise trip at the end of May. We will have 1 full day in the MK. We're hoping to be there at rope drop but we're doing Epcot AH the night before so it's hard to say for sure if we'll make it that early. With G+ is it better to get a few LLs with short waits out of the way with G+ first thing, then move on to rides that may run out of LLs? Or do we just ride standby with short waits and get Jungle Cruise, Space, etc. starting at 7 am? Hope that makes sense.

We're doing AK half day. I'm hoping to not have to purchase G+ for it but I will if needed. If we get there at rope drop I'm not sure if I should just purchase an ILL for FOP and then ride everything else standby?? Or if there's a better strategy for AK without G+.

For us, the benefit of Genie+ (and the paid individual LLs) is the ability to still do everything with low to no waits WITHOUT having to rope drop.

If rope dropping, then IMO you should be able to do what you want without it at any park (and save the $).

That's my view.

At MK we choose your second option. We do rides with shorter lines when we arrive and book attractions for later in the day that will have longer lines.

We have not found the need for G+ at AK, regardless of what time we arrive.

We did AK this past week. We bought ILL for FOP and rope dropped. Lines were super short in the morning and we were done with everything including Lion King show (but not Nemo) by 2pm. That’s with 2 kids that don’t move super fast too. We did Navi than Safari to start the day. We did not find Genie+ helpful at all for only half day if the half day was the morning/early afternoon at any park. It worked fine for evening with stacking though.

Question about ILL purchases when I want to ride later in the day.

I would like to secure a few ILL rides, but later in the day. I understand you can see the time that is currently available to book (and I know it could periodically change slight between hitting the button and paying!!). And, I know you cannot modify this like you can G+ selections. So, I had better pick correctly!

This week I have been looking at the app, and it must not be super crowded. For example, I have seen Tron available within pretty much 15 -30 minutes! FOP (currently) is showing availability within 1 minute of booking an ILL. I understand this is VERY dynamic and highly based on crowd levels! I am going the week of Memorial week so I expect crowds more robust than this.

Therefore, if I want to get a later in the day ILL, I basically need to be checking the app every now and then to watch that time ticking later, and then grab one when it suits our plans.

With G+ rides, I understand I could secure an earlier time, and then try to modify that later in the day, right?

Question about ILL purchases when I want to ride later in the day.

I would like to secure a few ILL rides, but later in the day. I understand you can see the time that is currently available to book (and I know it could periodically change slight between hitting the button and paying!!). And, I know you cannot modify this like you can G+ selections. So, I had better pick correctly!

This week I have been looking at the app, and it must not be super crowded. For example, I have seen Tron available within pretty much 15 -30 minutes! FOP (currently) is showing availability within 1 minute of booking an ILL. I understand this is VERY dynamic and highly based on crowd levels! I am going the week of Memorial week so I expect crowds more robust than this.

Therefore, if I want to get a later in the day ILL, I basically need to be checking the app every now and then to watch that time ticking later, and then grab one when it suits our plans.

With G+ rides, I understand I could secure an earlier time, and then try to modify that later in the day, right?
You can buy ILLs for anytime of the day starting at 7am if you are staying onsite.

Aka you can buy an 8pm at 7am and it's no problem. They don't "open up capacity" like G+ LLs. They release it all in one batch in the morning.

You can buy ILLs for anytime of the day starting at 7am if you are staying onsite.

Aka you can buy an 8pm at 7am and it's no problem. They don't "open up capacity" like G+ LLs. They release it all in one batch in the morning.

Oh! Maybe that is part that I didn't realize.
Since I don't have park tickets today, I can't navigate past the listing screen.
For example, currently it is 9:32 am. I see GOG ILL listed as 9:35 am (what?!?! that's how you know it's a pretty quiet day!). So, you are saying that if I was eligible today, I would click that item, and multiple time choices appear that I can select from?

Oh! Maybe that is part that I didn't realize.
Since I don't have park tickets today, I can't navigate past the listing screen.
For example, currently it is 9:32 am. I see GOG ILL listed as 9:35 am (what?!?! that's how you know it's a pretty quiet day!). So, you are saying that if I was eligible today, I would click that item, and multiple time choices appear that I can select from?
All the choices for all day will pop out! It's great. This blog post has screenshots that should help you.

All the choices for all day will pop out! It's great. This blog post has screenshots that should help you.
Wow that is great! I either completely forgot that existed, or maybe the last time I used it, this feature didn't exist? My last trip, I was with friends and they did the ILL buying. But I was sure when I did it myself two years ago, you got what you got! For example, I was sure I clicked 7 dwarfs, for something like 11 am, click, buy, and when I got to the last screen it had shifted to 12:30 or something.
This is a great feature for me, and thanks for the blog pics!

Wow that is great! I either completely forgot that existed, or maybe the last time I used it, this feature didn't exist? My last trip, I was with friends and they did the ILL buying. But I was sure when I did it myself two years ago, you got what you got! For example, I was sure I clicked 7 dwarfs, for something like 11 am, click, buy, and when I got to the last screen it had shifted to 12:30 or something.
This is a great feature for me, and thanks for the blog pics!
That is the way the Genie+ LL works. No choice on time. You just get next available, but you can modify. Please be aware many of the attractions listed in the above blog are no longer ILL. Make sure to check the ones you want are listed on the first page of this thread. There are only 5 total right now that are ILL where you can choose the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter