Everything Hurts & I Need A Bathroom! A First Timer's Guide to 2018's Disneyland (COMPLETE)

New Orleans is probz the number one city I want to visit next in the US,
GO! You must!!

We are actually going for Spring Break this year--my Mom and I, taking my 8 year old son. The best thing about New Orleans is the culture--there is so much to see and appreciate, the history, the people, it's incredible. No place like it in the world!! They have something for everyone for any type of trip you want to make of it! I could gush on and on, but seriously, go! :)

The absolute perfect song to arrive to!!

Oh for sure!

A completely justified response. I have a feeling mine would be quite similar:rotfl::thumbsup2

All the emotions. All the feelings. Did not feel wrong hehe

This picture is perfection!

Thank you!!

Interesting...I didn't know they called it anything other than rope drop!

Apparently so. *shrugs*

THESE. Also perfection :flower1::flower1:

Awwwww thanks! :goodvibes

Hi :wave: Joining in. I do remember reading your last trip report. I think it was with your mom and two sisters. How exciting being able to experience Disneyland. I look forward to hearing all about your trip.

If you've followed along on some of my more recent reports or my PTR, you know I LOOOOOVVEEEE me some Bert. He was the reason I cried during the last time I saw Fantasmic at Studios. Give me a cockney accent, a cute loud-colored suit, perfect dance moves and a dorky persona and I'm yours, I guess. I knew he met regularly out at Disneyland, but I didn't expect to see him this early with my latte still not finished. They had no line though so we rushed over, giving me just enough time to finish my latte and hand Raven my camera. He was not by himself though, he was with Mary (who I love dearly too just like the proper Julie Andrews stan I am), but as you can tell the conversation was primarily between Bert & I.

soooo can we be best friends? i love your report and your happy attitude!

Hi :wave: Joining in. I do remember reading your last trip report. I think it was with your mom and two sisters. How exciting being able to experience Disneyland. I look forward to hearing all about your trip.

Hello! :welcome: Yes, that was one of mine! Feels like forever ago lol Happy to have you along again! :mickeyjum

soooo can we be best friends? i love your report and your happy attitude!

Awwww YAY new best friend haha :welcome: Glad to have you along! :mickeyjum

It Seems I Did All Of This... Once Upon A Dream
January 10th, 2018

The time has come. The moment's here. It's time for my first Disneyland attraction!

We already had FPs for Indy and there were LOTS of attractions I wanted to ride at Disneyland so we kinda just wandered. I had to go the bathroom (see: TR title) so we went to the bathrooms which were conveniently across from Mary & Bert then continued along into Fantasyland. The first attraction we ran into was the Alice in Wonderland ride and I thought why not? So we hopped in line. It was about a 20 minute wait but again, why not? We had time and chances are the wait would get worse as the day went on so down the rabbit hole we went!

Raven made sure I had the front row in our caterpillar. I tried to take pics as we rode through the scenes of my favorite acid trip. Unfortunately, the important part of acid trip is "trip" so not all them came out clear, but I salvaged one. I also have a vid so it's not a total loss.

Click to watch!

I thought the ride was really cute. I know it recently got updated with the new screen effects, which I noted since everything else is animatronics. They also were significantly darker, which was probably the only negative I had about the ride. I'd definitely fall down the rabbit hole with Alice again if time was available.

I didn't really get out though because I was loving all the Wonderland theming going on in that area. I mean, it was totally an Alice area since the Mad Tea Party was right next door to the main attraction and Disney definitely had some lovely photo ops to compliment them. First, I had to say hello to Mr. Rabbit...

He wasn't home unfortunately.

Maybe some tea until he got back?

Ehhh nevermind, why not go do as a princess normally does? Crime out of a rabbit hole, dust yourself off and go back to your castle to rule over your Kingdom.

And lucky for me, Aurora had one to lend me nearby. Even luckier, unlike Cindy's, you can walk through hers any time any day! I stan a hospitable princess.

Sleeping Beauty was my favorite movie as a kid. We never had it on DVD and my parents thought it pertinent that they teach us about saving money at an early age so whenever I was at someone else's house I always wanted to watch it. Flora, Fauna & Merriweather were my faves and lowkey Maleficent later in life. I also had an obsession with Aurora's dress. My mom had an old bridesmaid's dress that looked just like it that I loved to re-enact her "death" scene with lol Oh little me! Nowadays, I don't have that dress so I just lust over Prince Philip, talk to Aurora about getting purple dresses (Merriweather and Flora need a happy medium) and yelling "YAS QUEEN" whenever I see Maleficent.

Needless to say, I was ready for my tour of the beautiful castle and re-live one of my favorite stories ever. I totally had been here before... once upon a dream. *sigh*

Click to watch!

Oh what a wonderful dream come true that was! *Fauna voice* I just LOVE happy endings. It was so magical and adorable. It was like stepping into the movie and watching all of the mayhem unfold as it did, but you're much closer. 10/10 would love to hide in there and dream with Aurora & co. forever.

When we got out, I asked Raven if we could take a few pics with a very special water fountain.

Oh Philip darling! Wake me from my eternal slumber and whisk me away instead.

*ahem*

We got off and decided to start edging our way towards Adventureland and headed on through Fantasy Faire, which was oddly in the spot that normally is where Liberty Square and Sleepy Hollow are. Sorry, not in WDW. Anyways, as we walked by I noticed that we were near where the Royal Hall is where the princesses meet. We saw it had a bit of a line so we asked how long the wait was. The CM told us it was about 45 minutes. We had the time so we hopped right in line. After a few minutes though, we decided we might get a shorter wait since the mornings were primarily filled with children wanting to meet the princesses who probably would be done by later and we'd be able to get in no wait. So we hopped out, not before I got a few pics of the really quite beautiful Fantasy Faire.

I tried to get a photo of Figaro with his eyes opened, but I didn't want to hold us up while I just stood there waiting for him to move again so off into Frontierland we went.

Raven & I had discussed seeing Fantasmic that night and she said Frontierland is where we could get FPs so it seemed an optimal choice as we lingered on to Adventureland for our Indy FPs. Little did I know I'd see a very sad sight across the Rivers of America.

Click to watch!

:guilty: MY MANSION WAS CLOSED. :guilty:

I knew this. I just needed a moment to mourn (THE IRONY). We had Fantasmic FPs to get, which were an easy one-two classic paper FP transaction. Oh I missed doing that. Sorry but MagicBands do not compare to the beauty of paper fastpass and not having to reserve them months in advanced. ANYWAYS...

Fantasmic FPs in hand, I noticed that Pirates of the Caribbean was nearby and with only a five minute wait! I'd heard this one far outdoes the WDW version and usually can have quite the wait so we hopped right in. My DSLR was still out so I took a few quick pics:

The 5 minutes really were the length of the queue because it basically was a walk-on. And the queue itself, very different from the old fortress queue that is at WDW. It had more of a bayou feel, which is understandable since the attraction is in New Orleans Square not Adventureland like in Florida. It was really neat, but did lack some immersiveness until I got on the attraction...

I'm getting ahead of myself. First, some pics from my voyage on the seven seas with a pillaging and plundering bunch:

Click to watch!

Throwing away all my brilliant writing abilities at building suspense here and just going to come out and say it, it was MUCH better than Disney World's. Not only do we get that little opening area with the bayou, but more drops and a multitude of more scenes as well as more detail to the scenes and a larger than life quality. I also feel like there were more effects in each scene. My favorite had to be the one where all the pirate skeletons are at the bar and you can see the wine dripping through one of their stomachs. I really really liked this version. I can see why this is considered Walt's final masterpiece, there really are very few attractions made like it with such a strong storyline nowadays (at least one's that aren't based off a movie originally).

After traveling back to modern day New Orleans, we realized it was FINALLY time to ride Indy. Off to Adventureland it was (in more ways than one)!

Continued Here

Last edited:

He wasn't home unfortunately.

:( But this is adorable.

I also had an obsession with Aurora's dress. My mom had an old bridesmaid's dress that looked just like it that I loved to re-enact her "death" scene with lol Oh little me!

Oh my gosh! I can picture this! You precious little bean! :lovestruc

I just needed a moment to mourn (THE IRONY).

:laughing:

But also...so sad. I would have been disappointed for sure.

Throwing away all my brilliant writing abilities at building suspense here and just going to come out and say it, it was MUCH better than Disney World's. Not only do we get that little opening area with the bayou, but more drops and a multitude of more scenes as well as more detail to the scenes and a larger than life quality. I also feel like there were more effects in each scene. My favorite had to be the one where all the pirate skeletons are at the bar and you can see the wine dripping through one of their stomachs. I really really liked this version. I can see why this is considered Walt's final masterpiece, there really are very few attractions made like it with such a strong storyline nowadays (at least one's that aren't based off a movie originally).

I thought you might think so! I really want to ride this! It's definitely on my must-do's if and when I ever get to DLR. How awesome that you walked right on!

You know what I love? Your pure delight at being in Walt's park. I hope to channel some of that innocence and spirit when I'm there. It doesn't sound like you let crowds or waits or anything bother you. You just enjoyed. It's so much fun to read and I can't wait for more stories.

:( But this is adorable.

Thank you, I try. :teeth:

Oh my gosh! I can picture this! You precious little bean! :lovestruc

NearParallelKinkajou-max-1mb.gif

:laughing:

But also...so sad. I would have been disappointed for sure.

A very VERY good reason to go back though.

I thought you might think so! I really want to ride this! It's definitely on my must-do's if and when I ever get to DLR. How awesome that you walked right on!

You MUST ride it. Like the more I think about it and ponder it the more I LOOOOOOOVVVEEEE it. A truly incredible iconic attraction.

You know what I love? Your pure delight at being in Walt's park. I hope to channel some of that innocence and spirit when I'm there. It doesn't sound like you let crowds or waits or anything bother you. You just enjoyed. It's so much fun to read and I can't wait for more stories.

This was pretty early in the day so we didn't have much in terms of crowds, but I really tried to let myself enjoy things as much as I could. Unfortunately, sometimes a commando park style can get in the way of that. I'm glad though how magical it all really was is still shining through for you in this TR. :goodvibes

I love the Alice in Wonderland ride, it's so cute! Your pics in that area are adorable :) And the castle walk through is such a fun attraction!

I love the Alice in Wonderland ride, it's so cute! Your pics in that area are adorable :) And the castle walk through is such a fun attraction!

Thank you! I honestly could find myself chilling inside the Castle Walkthrough, it's so quiet and magical. Maybe a nap in there too lol

Love the pictures at White Rabbit's door and in the teacup :) Too cute!

I can't wait to see Pirates at DL SOMEDAY!!!

Thank you! Those are some of my faves from the trip. And YES, get on the DLR Pirates ASAP, MK's is pitiful in comparison.

Hi everyone!

Hope y'all are having a nice little snow day today like I am. If not, I hope it's wonderful and warm and NOT winter. :) I just wanted to make a note here that this is the furthest I've pre-written to on this TR. All updates to come will be posted the day the chapter is completed and since I'm in school, this might come very slowly so please have patience. I will try to get them written and up in a timely manner, but no guarantees. Thank you in advanced for being patient little angels!

Here's the next update:

Aesthetic Walls and Darth Father, It's A Social Media World After All! Part I
January 10th, 2018

When I last left off, we were running off for our first fastpass of the day! I was so excited for Indiana Jones Adventure because again it doesn't exist at WDW, but also that it uses the same ride technology and track layout as DINOSAUR so even though I shouldn't compare, I was really excited to compare.

Cue me quoting DINOSAUR while running through the Indy queue...

Click to watch!

We had no issues with our MaxPass, everyone else unfortunately did not. Just so y'all are aware, since MaxPass is new and I'd like to lend a helping hand so we're not backed up behind people who don't know how the kiosks work. Instead of checking your paper FPs like they used to, you have to SCAN them. There are two scanners at each FP entrance around the park (for the attractions that have FastPass) and they are essentially the same as the MagicBand scanners except no Mickey. Stick the barcode face up on your PARK TICKET (or your FASTPASS) under these, wait till they turn GREEN (or BLUE if you screwed up or the system screwed up) and voila, you're in. You're welcome for stopping from being a traffic stop in the FastPass lane.

As we went through the queue, I started getting texts from Kinzie again. Kinzie had just gotten back from Idaho to her home in LA (not long after I landed in LA oddly enough) so I'd been talking to her about possibly meeting up. Kinzie had been wanting us folks from school who also live on the East coast to come visit and I was one of the first so she was really excited to have me there. Unfortunately at the time I couldn't fit in visiting her into our tight park schedule, but I thought why not invite her to Disneyland? I asked her about it and while she definitely was not going to get up with us that morning to make park opening, she was definitely rearing to come. I had to talk her through while in the queue what to get for a park ticket, which luckily made the time pass in some more clogged spots. In short, soon enough we'd go from a party of 2 to a party of 3! The more, the merrier.

Back to the queue and the ride, I was probably more excited for the queue than the ride itself because it really is so immersive either just out of all the queues existing in the Disney parks world but also in comparison to DINOSAUR. They even have a little booby trap hidden with a not-so-sturdy poll. We came upon that first and I was really excited to set this booby trap off. Unfortunately, after a million tries NOTHING HAPPENED. I assumed it was turned off and was sad. I'd probably be back to ride it again so maybe then it would work. Then we came across "the rope pulling the guy in the well" little interactive element (that likewise exists outside the Indy stunt show at Studios (of which I still have not seen)) AND THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER. The Indy queue was not liking me today.

Not long after that, we eventually arrived at loading where right as we were about to load into our... Indy Rover? I don't know what to call it, whatever they call the vehicles instead of Time Rover at Indy, I got a call from Kinzie! Literally just my luck. I hate talking on the phone as is (if I ask you to text me, TEXT ME DO NOT CALL, 99.9% of the time I will not answer or be able to) and of course, nobody can time calling me correctly. I texted her right before getting on saying we were on the ride and to wait until I got off. All that squared away as well as my bag stuffed in the ride compartment, we were off to see the Idol of Mara and bathe ourselves in its good fortunes.

popcorn_indiana_jones.gif

I've always had a crush on Indy tbh Harrison Ford was at his peak hotness when playing him.

And the consensus? I liked it. We made it out alive and I liked it, HOWEVER...

I think DINOSAUR is better.

tenor.gif

I KNOW. I shocked myself too. I don't know, I just thought there would be more to look at and it would be more thrilling, but DINOSAUR is so much faster. You really feel like something's after you or you're in danger on DINOSAUR. Yeah, there are definitely cooler effects on Indy, the ending especially is def better than DINOSAUR, but DINOSAUR... my allegiance is there and I'm not gonna apologize for it so that's that.

tenor.gif

We got off and Raven reminded me, we could book another FastPass. We quickly opened the app and I spotted a Space Mountain one. This was where things got tricky with our FPs. Because we were not connected nor really had time to, we were getting FPs at different times, always overlapping, but different so we'd have to wait for the latest time. It wasn't too bad on this one, but as the day dragged on, it got a bit troublesome. All-in-all, we got our SM FP with time to spare.

We decided heading back to Fantasyland was a strong course of action. Then, I noticed the Dole Whip stand and all that was thrown out the window. I NEEDED ME A DISNEYLAND DOLE WHIP. As did Raven so we hopped right in line.

I've got to say, in comparison to the Sunshine Tree Terrace at Magic Kingdom, the place I normally get my Dole Whip fix on a Disney vacay, the Dole Whip cart at Disneyland was far more efficient. I barely had time to put my change away when I got mine. Never has that ever happened at STT AND THEY HAVE MULTIPLE KIOSKS. Also, their machine breaks down all the time so Disneyland, you're doing SO amazing sweetie.

Anyways, I decided a Dole Whip was grounds for a photoshoot. I wasn't in a very Tiki Room mood (and Disneyland's, I had heard, is essentially the same as Florida) so a photo would suffice and this Tiki seemed to mimic my exact thoughts about a Dole Whip PERFECTLY. Good thing I'm a good sharer.

Too bad Tiki's can't eat. Well, for them. I ate that little scoop so fortunately in my case.

After that, Raven suggested we head to Tomorrowland since we hadn't been in there and that was my home. Also, I needed to meet Darth Vader since DL's Launch Bay has him unlike Studios's Launch Bay. Off we went that way, eating our Dole Whips along the way. I devoured mine pretty quickly and then right before entering Tomorrowland, I took another bathroom break. The saga continued.

For those who have followed my Disney ventures, you know that Tomorrowland was my home during my DCP. I worked many long hours there including some on Christmas, Christmas Eve, Black Friday, Thanksgiving, New Year's Eve, etc. etc. MK's TLand will always hold a special place in my heart so... I was critical of Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

I had heard this Tomorrowland is a bit of a mess. They've tried to get it together and just have failed. I mean, the entrance is pretty cool with the dedication and whatever it is that sits atop their Astro Orbiter. BUT THEIR ASTRO ORBITER IS ON THE GROUND. I'm sorry but LAME. Then, you can clearly see where their PeopleMover/Rocket Rods used to be, including the loading area. It was a mess and they didn't even had the cool aspect of arriving to see the Space Mountain facade, IT'S HIDDEN. I'm sorry but DLR's TLand, you need to step it up.

Anyways, our main goal for going into Tomorrowland was not so I could roast it. We were there to meet Daddy Vader. However, Raven said he might not be out. Instead of trying to struggle with the app, which can sometimes be inaccurate when it comes to characters, we went straight to the hostess out in front of Launch Bay and asked. She called it in and said all characters were out, which also meant we could meet Boba Fett too! Raven wanted to meet Chewy and honestly I could go for a Chewy hug about now. BUT VADER/ANAKIN BAE FIRST.

His line was relatively short compared to Chewy's luckily (but longer than Kylo Ren's hehe). It was all very similarly set up to Studios' Launch Bay except it was more spread out and no Stormtroopers wandering about it seemed. I didn't take many pics, because it was kinda bare and we had a mission so photos would have to wait. In no time, we were brought in to meet the infamous Lord Vader. In front of us was a young Jedi who seemed very excited to meet Lord Vader... until he walked over to him and he was not about it very quick. Raven and I tried to comfort, but the dad picked him up and brought him over anyways. I honestly understood the fear though, Vader was terrifying even for me.

Then, it was our turn. He came over to us and I immediately squealed out, "HI DADDY VADER!" Raven nearly bolted out of the room after I said that. Oh, I will never live that one down, nor would I want to. I'm very proud of my Anakin thirst. I mean, ANAKIN...

anakin.gif

Getting off track, back to meeting Dad Vader! I don't remember exact specifics. I believe he asked if we were involved in the Rebel Alliance or something, I can't remember exactly. I just know I said no and shook my head violently. Dad Vader wasn't about it and got all in my face and I just started giggling and had to ask Raven for help who just smiled while I was getting super shooketh. I was so thrown off that when we took the actual photo, I looked like I didn't want to be there. It was a weird photo. But enjoy the ones of me losing it over Daddy Vader.

My life was officially made by that meet. And that's where I end this TR.

NOPE. Just kidding!

Continued Here

Aesthetic Walls and Darth Father, It's A Social Media World After All! Part II
January 10th, 2018

As if I'd end my TR there P-LEASE. We're not even halfway through day one. There's so much more to do!

After we got out of the Vader M&G, me still shaking from the encounter, we checked the time and noted we still had quite a bit of time before our Space Mountain FastPass and probz could fit in one more ride. We decided to check the times on the Disneyland app to decide. I immediately noticed that Small World didn't have too long a wait and I had never seen Disneyland's Small World (which I had heard is much cooler) nor had I been on Small World Holiday which was still up so we popped on over to there.

I definitely have to agree the facade of IASW is SOOOO much better. It reminded me of the Disneyland Sing A Long video I had watched when I was younger that had me majorly confused when I went to Disney World the first time (got that figured out real quick). Before I could take any pics though, Raven pointed out the #smallworldwall to me and the Disney instagram in me went off and I had to go get some pics with it. Enjoy aesthetic wall experience NUMERO UNO of the trip:

While we were at the Wall, we ran into this mom with her daughter who was dressed in a Disneyland Main Street Emporium Cast Member outfit with name tag and everything. It was super cute and Raven & I were just going nuts. The mother heard our gushing and thanked us. Raven then asked if they had an Instagram, which they did but unfortunately during this convo her daughter had RUN OFF. So we didn't get Raven followed her right after that conversation (I followed after I got back from the trip) and she followed us both back! The instagram is actually really cute. The handle is @ growinupdisney. Check it out.

After our photoshoot, we then went back to the real reason we were in the area: Small World!

Before we got on the ride, I took those pictures I said I was going to take so baske in the gorgeousness that is the Small World facade!

I love that they give the smiling face a Santa hat. Precious.

Before long, we were on that happiest voyage that ever sailed around the world, set to the tune of the holidays. No complaints there.

I thought it was really cute. The mixture of Christmas and the world being a community of everyone differences aside was so perfect. Unfortunately, I wasn't in too too a Christmas mood and I'm not a big Small World fan as is so I wasn't raving, but I felt it was a quality overlay. It made me sad I couldn't see my mansion overlay, but no need to dwell on that. It was just about time for our Space Mountain FastPass so we headed on over thattaways. Before we did, Raven quickly switched out her FuelRod so she could charge her phone. I had my own portable charger that has a much stronger charge than FuelRods so I had no need and my phone never died on me while we were in Disneyland. Highly recommend getting any portable chargers that you can, they are much more efficient for use while in a Disney park.

On our way over, Raven opened her FP and it said that we had an FP for any attraction. Both of us knows that usually means the attraction we originally had an FP for is down. We were confused though since we checked the park map on the app and it still said Space was open. We headed over to check out what the mess was about. We got there and although there were A LOT of people milling about around the queue, the attraction was not down so we scanned in and hopped in line.

While in line, I got a text from Kinzie that she had arrived at Disneyland! I told her we were waiting in line to ride Space so that she should come meet us outside of it. She thought that meant she should catch up to us in line, which was not what I said. Kinzie was not very well versed in how Disneyland lines and FastPasses work so I had to explain to her what the situation was and that it was best if she just waited out for us. I also came to find out that she hadn't even gotten through security yet when she texted me so it was definitely good if she met us outside Space.

I still got a million texts after asking questions, but I had explained everything as best I could and we were up to the loading area pretty quickly. I took a video because I thought it was seriously cool, especially in comparison to WDW's (not to mention, spacious).

Click to watch!

My phone eventually stopped ringing and we were loaded onto Space Mountain, a familiar favorite of mine (in MK that is). Here's our ride photo as to not prolong things:

There are just so many different people found in this photo lol

My thoughts? Well... Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom was my first roller coaster EVER. Up until I rode it, I was TERRIFIED of thrill rides. Now I will most likely go on anything except coasters that are really tall because I still have a strong fear of heights but even then my limits are expanding. Likewise, that coaster has a special place in my heart and there's so much nostalgia and memories that go with it (Reminder I worked in Tomorrowland and spent A LOT of time in Space Mountain, in places most guests don't see (and I rode it once after hours with the lights on)). My expectations were also MEGA hyped for Disneyland's version. Everyone said it was leaps-and-bounds better. More to look at, better effects, better lighting, better sound yet... I got none of that. I found out later that the launch tunnel lights were not working (as I suspected but Raven didn't confirm for me) and that certain effects were definitely off so I didn't get the best experience. At the time however Raven said it seemed the same ride so I was disappointed. I thought it was fun, but I definitely didn't feel wowed. Much smoother than Disney World's, but at the moment I say Magic Kingdom's beats Disneyland's. I'll definitely give it a second chance. Maybe riding Hyperspace Mountain or Ghost Galaxy would change my mind.

I didn't have much time to dwell on all that. Kinzie was right outside waiting for us, texting up a storm so it was finally time for the grand meeting-up!

Continued Here

Last edited:
We had no issues with our MaxPass, everyone else unfortunately did not. Just so y'all are aware, since MaxPass is new and I'd like to lend a helping hand so we're not backed up behind people who don't know how the kiosks work. Instead of checking your paper FPs like they used to, you have to SCAN them. There are two scanners at each FP entrance around the park (for the attractions that have FastPass) and they are essentially the same as the MagicBand scanners except no Mickey. Stick the barcode face up on your PARK TICKET (or your FASTPASS) under these, wait till they turn GREEN (or BLUE if you screwed up or the system screwed up) and voila, you're in. You're welcome for stopping from being a traffic stop in the FastPass lane.
Now everyone has to scan in for a Fastpass, it's not just for Maxpass users! It definitely causes a slowdown, especially at places with 2 scan points!

They even have a little booby trap hidden with a not-so-sturdy poll. We came upon that first and I was really excited to set this booby trap off. Unfortunately, after a million tries NOTHING HAPPENED. I assumed it was turned off and was sad. I'd probably be back to ride it again so maybe then it would work.
I think that one has been turned off for years! I do remember hitting it and getting the ceiling to fall when I was a kid, but I don't remember the last time I saw it work.

I wasn't lying though with the fact we still had some things to do and shenanigans still went down so please read ahead for your regularly scheduled Timmy TR fun. :hyper:
:lmao:

I use it often.

Raven was kinda yelling at cars and it was rather entertaining, but also terrifying,
OMG De Javu

changing out of my wet skinny jeans into some more comfortable sweat pants and new, dry socks.
sounds cozy

:jumping1: IN N OUT! :jumping1:
Every time I've been to LAs Vegas I've meant to try it but always end up else where.

All updates to come will be posted the day the chapter is completed and since I'm in school, this might come very slowly so please have patience.

I feel this in a very real way.

In short, soon enough we'd go from a party of 2 to a party of 3! The more, the merrier.

Yay!

They even have a little booby trap hidden with a not-so-sturdy poll. We came upon that first and I was really excited to set this booby trap off. Unfortunately, after a million tries NOTHING HAPPENED. I assumed it was turned off and was sad. I'd probably be back to ride it again so maybe then it would work.
AND THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER. The Indy queue was not liking me today.

No way! This is so disappointing!!

Indy Rover?

:rotfl:

I hate talking on the phone as is (if I ask you to text me, TEXT ME DO NOT CALL, 99.9% of the time I will not answer or be able to) and of course, nobody can time calling me correctly.

I also hate taking phone calls! I usually have to psych myself up to call my hairdresser! :laughing:

I think DINOSAUR is better.

tenor.gif

:eek:

Wow! You seem to be in the minority here!

I barely had time to put my change away when I got mine. Never has that ever happened at STT AND THEY HAVE MULTIPLE KIOSKS. Also, their machine breaks down all the time so Disneyland, you're doing SO amazing sweetie.

No way! That's much faster than any WDW experience I've had! Dole whip was an excellent addition to this day, for sure.

But enjoy the ones of me losing it over Daddy Vader.

You look so shook! This is sweet!

Before I could take any pics though, Raven pointed out the #smallworldwall to me and the Disney instagram in me went off and I had to go get some pics with it. Enjoy aesthetic wall experience NUMERO UNO of the trip:

Duh. Disney wall? Insta time! This is great.

The instagram is actually really cute. The handle is @ growinupdisney. Check it out.

Aww, their kids are adorable!

I thought it was really cute. The mixture of Christmas and the world being a community of everyone differences aside was so perfect. Unfortunately, I wasn't in too too a Christmas mood and I'm not a big Small World fan as is so I wasn't raving, but I felt it was a quality overlay.

I'm not a huge Small World fan either, but I feel like I need to ride this if we go to DLR.

I'm not a roller coaster girl, but I can do Big Thunder. I was thinking I wouldn't do Space Mountain (didn't do it in 2009) or Matterhorn, but everyone keeps describing Space Mountain as smooth... so I think maybe I can do it. I dunno. Still at heart a ride chicken.

I loved your delight in meeting Vader. We are not a Star Wars family so it's not on my list, but you told an adorable story about your meet and greet.

And Indiana Jones... my husband's favorite ride. Don't tell him you like Dinosaur better. He likes Dinosaur, but Indiana Jones was the first one of the two he rode and it will always have his heart. (And ocne again... ride chicken but I'll suck it up at least once for him.)

Love the pics with your dole whip and with Darth Vader!

I didn't even know the IASW wall was a thing- so cute! The facade of that ride is just too stunning. I would love to see the holiday version one day!

I'm sorry you didn't love Space Mountain! I am in the crowd of loving it way better than WDWs but it's definitely because of how smooth it is.

Now everyone has to scan in for a Fastpass, it's not just for Maxpass users! It definitely causes a slowdown, especially at places with 2 scan points!

I think that was happening while I was there too. I just wished people caught on quicker because I'm impatient af.

I think that one has been turned off for years! I do remember hitting it and getting the ceiling to fall when I was a kid, but I don't remember the last time I saw it work.

Awwww nooooo. I wanted to see the ceiling fall. Sadness.

Every time I've been to LAs Vegas I've meant to try it but always end up else where.

You MUST try it. At least once. I prefer Five Guys but In N Out is still pretty good.

I feel this in a very real way.

Thank you for understanding. :)

No way! This is so disappointing!!

I'm still so sad about it. :'(

I also hate taking phone calls! I usually have to psych myself up to call my hairdresser! :laughing:

Omg but SAME. It's so bad.

:eek:

Wow! You seem to be in the minority here!

I know a few others who agree, but yeah I'm so in the minority and get some totally appalled looks when I say I prefer DINOSAUR.

No way! That's much faster than any WDW experience I've had! Dole whip was an excellent addition to this day, for sure.

Dole Whip's are ALWAYS an excellent addition.

You look so shook! This is sweet!

I love my Daddy Vader. :goodvibes

Duh. Disney wall? Insta time! This is great.

Thank you!!

Aww, their kids are adorable!

Aren't they? I love those kid-focused Disney accounts. Some think it's exploitation. I think it's presh.

I'm not a huge Small World fan either, but I feel like I need to ride this if we go to DLR.

YES. At least once. It's just such a necessary experience. Especially with the Christmas overlay.

I'm not a roller coaster girl, but I can do Big Thunder. I was thinking I wouldn't do Space Mountain (didn't do it in 2009) or Matterhorn, but everyone keeps describing Space Mountain as smooth... so I think maybe I can do it. I dunno. Still at heart a ride chicken.

Lol throwback to when I was a ride chicken and then Space Mountain changed that lol I definitely think Big Thunder and Space are pretty level, even if you can't see the track or anything on Space so I say go for it. Matterhorn REALLY throws you around so I don't recommend on that grounds if thrill rides aren't your thing because it ain't comfy.

I loved your delight in meeting Vader. We are not a Star Wars family so it's not on my list, but you told an adorable story about your meet and greet.

I'm like such a newbie Star Wars fan, but I'm so hype for it and say give it a try even if you think it's not your thing. Meeting Vader had me so so hyped, I honestly didn't know what to do with myself.

And Indiana Jones... my husband's favorite ride. Don't tell him you like Dinosaur better. He likes Dinosaur, but Indiana Jones was the first one of the two he rode and it will always have his heart. (And ocne again... ride chicken but I'll suck it up at least once for him.)

That might be why I like DINOSAUR because it was one of those rides where I conquered my fears on. I was shaking the first time I got off it, but still loved it and have a plethora of quality ride photos from my program. It really does have my heart. I don't think there was really much room for Indy. Maybe in time...

Love the pics with your dole whip and with Darth Vader!

Thank you! :teeth:

I didn't even know the IASW wall was a thing- so cute! The facade of that ride is just too stunning. I would love to see the holiday version one day!

That area of Fantasyland is just so beautiful. Disneyland's Fantasyland is just so AMAZING. Although WDW has my heart, objectively Disneyland has got it beat majorly.

I'm sorry you didn't love Space Mountain! I am in the crowd of loving it way better than WDWs but it's definitely because of how smooth it is.

I barely notice the difference I rode WDW's so much (and worked inside of it a lot too) so that's probably it. I don't know, maybe again I just had a bad ride and I'll enjoy it more whenever I get to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!