Everything Hurts & I Need A Bathroom! A First Timer's Guide to 2018's Disneyland (COMPLETE)

OoOo the awkwardness...sorry you had to deal with that :scared:

I'm used to it. I'll live another day.

Cute character meet photos! And I am loving your blue wall photos, I think they all came out fab!!

Awww thanks to all of that! :teeth:

Okay, brace yourself – I came in late on this epic tale and can’t help but comment on anything that tickles my brain. Don’t feel obligated to respond to my meanderings, it’s just what I do :thumbsup2

Starting off it is somehow fulfilling to see someone from back east feel the pain that me and mine feel when we take those WDW trips – I can tell ya I feel your pain with the 4am wake-up followed by up to 12hrs of flight/airport time.

Yeah, the pickup area of LAX is always a big wake-up call on the insanity of SoCal. Sorry that your Hollywood experience was such a wet one. Way to stick it out and good deal finding someone selling umbrellas. And I had no idea that Tinkerbell had a star!

I know the debate is real, and even though I’m a “west coaster” I think In and Out is overrated. I’m glad you got to experience it, but I’m going to say that 5 Guys is much better. We got an In and Out the next town over a year ago and one just opened up in my city two miles from my house and I haven’t been to either. We have 5 Guys two hours north and any time I’m on a road trip up that way I try to coordinate my schedule to be able to stop in.

Glad you got to experience the Tram and it is quite the difference from being “on property” at WDW and the time involved in using the busses, boats, and monorail to get to the different parks goes “poof” at DLR with both parks right there! Bummer that there were all those walls on Main Street and at the Hub :confused:

The Pocahontas meet looked like fun, and I really do like the randomness of the secondary characters just showing up in different places. That’s how I found Mad Hatter & Tweedledee and Tweedledum over by Michael the Ragtime Piano Player and Mary and Bert. I also had a good convo with Bert as I was wearing my Mary Poppins shirt from having been in a local production of it. Great pics with the two of them.

Great pics in the castle and Fantasy Faire. Sorry you had no HM, it is a fave of ours too. And I totally agree in relation to the FP system in comparison to the evil that is Magic Bands and specifically having to reserve FPs months before you travel – that just plain sucks and takes all of the spontaneity out of a trip and doesn’t allow for last minute changes. Glad you had such a great experience with PoTC though! pirate:

Huzzah for Dole Whip goodness and I agree on all your points on DL’s Tomorrowland. But IASW is loads better, especially with the holiday theming. And as far as SM, that is a bummer that you didn’t get the full experience. I think from a ride perspective (keep my neck in place) and an effects perspective it is much better at DL. Glad you liked Matterhorn.

Yay for getting surprised with Peter Pan, he is my kids fave too. And Hook is mine (even when he is sending kids to the pavement) so you made my day by getting the duo! Hope you get to do the M&G with Pan later. Nice shots at the wishing well! Glad you liked BTMRR and that you got the full goat effect! I’ll have a vid on our experience with the Goat up on Day 3 of my TR.

And I got a great laugh out of your set of evocative pics at the closed entrance to the Mansion :rotfl2:, so sorry you missed experiencing it though :(

HUGE congrats on getting to do the college program again, and at Disneyland no less! And meeting up with Lesley and getting those alumni pins – bonus! You'll be seeing HM in all its glory soon enough.

Dang, RRCS got you too aye (your thumb)? On one of our spins on the ride my arm was on the side of the car and we spun on a turn and it yanked my arm forward, leaving a bruise about an inch wide and 3 inches long.

I’m with you on your rant about the loss of the GMR at DHS, it is a real shame as it was one of our favorites going all the way back to the Disney-MGM Studios days. Our last ride of it was back in 2012. RIP GMR, you will be missed! AWESOME M&G with Mickey!

I’m glad you got such a great Fantasmic! experience, that is awesome, *Warning – rant zone* but it does show the complete breakdown in the way the CMs work the ropes there. The front/center area is supposed to be dining package only (as you noted from your experiences at DHS) and we could tell from the crowds when we got there that way more than package people were in the space. Props to you guys for getting that view but it really does burn my bacon that we paid $60 per person for a meal and what was supposed to be priority seating. Only to find that the CMs didn’t give a crap who they let in as long as they had some sort of ticket. *Rant over*. And to be clear EVERY other CM experience we had was very positive and we go out of our way to let them know. …oh, and I totally agree that the show itself is MUCH better than DHS’s.

You didn’t miss the Jingle Cruise, they didn’t do it for the holidays in 2017. I was kind of bummed when I read they weren’t doing it – but the garland was back on Main Street so that made up for it. We also got a great skipper, glad you had such a good time with Skipper John. I love the concept that they can come up with their own material. And yes, I think you’d make an epic Skipper.

Nice shots leaving the park and I never tire of hearing fellow Disney fans talk about the firehouse and Walt’s lamp.

Isn’t it so very cool getting to GoTG first thing before it gets crowded? I was there for early entry/rope drop and was in the first elevator to ride …and rode again two more times. I will always love going to ToT at WDW with its enhanced trip thru the hotel. But I’ll take "Mission:Breakout" over it any day of the week. Oh, and the library/preshow area is actually themed as the Collector’s Office if someone hadn’t already told you or you found out later in your trip.

Great shots in front of the Pier and sorry you didn’t get to experience it. Glad you enjoyed the work of the Imagineers in Cars Land, even if you didn’t care for the movies. I love walking thru Radiator Springs and experiencing it on RSR. Sorry you missed the Rollickin’ Roadsters after waiting in line for a show that was running all afternoon and that you waited for a show that didn’t happen :confused3 Sounds like the Goofy M&G made up for it though, followed by great Frozen M&Gs!

Huzzah for getting to see the next showing of the Red Care Trolley Newsboys. Cool Groot meeting, sorry it was so short. We went in as a group of four and he really took his time with us. Nice that you got him dancing though!

I love me some Cozy Cone snacks, yay for that unexpected Magical Moment! Great interaction with Pluto too. Looking forward to reading more of your adventures popcorn::

Oh wow. Hello. :welcome:

I agree In N Out really isn't to the level of Five Guys. I think the quality of the burger in and of itself is equal, but Five Guys just has more selection which I prefer to just a classic burger done well. I'm definitely going to be looking for some Five Guys this summer lol

Thank you so much for the congrats on my DCP! I cannot wait :)

I agree Fant at Disneyland in terms of seating is a mess. It's really the only downside of that show because everything else is so incredible. If only they could take DHS' seating set up and brought it to Disneyland, but that just can't happen eck

Awww @ no Jingle Cruise. Well at least MK still has it. And thank you! One day hopefully I'll be skippin' around JC. ONE DAY.

Thanks for all your thoughts! I'm glad you're enjoying reading about my adventures so far. :mickeyjum

Oh, I love that you're so honest about your awkwardness. I am all kinds of "come on strong but be dying inside" and just try to avoid people as much as possible. Thank heavens we have smart phones now. Makes it so much easier to be socially awkward by pretending to have business on your phone when you're really playing Emoji Blitz.

That's normally me and kinda how I acted initially, but I felt I was being rude. Luckily Raven was feeling the same way I was so the awkwardness ended as soon as it started. thumbsup2

Another great chapter. Love how much you're living for characters!

Disney characters are MY LIFE. And thank you! :)

26475176518_97a383f8fb_c.jpg
Love this! Souvenir cups are my jam!

Pixie dust moments are my fav :)

Did you call this a fail!?! I LOVE it!!! My jumping photos always come out looking super derpy....so much so that I didn't even attempt any during my runDisney 5 and 10K races.....now THAT's a fail!

The mystery duo was...

LOKI & THOR!

Oooh yay!! I wish we had meets like this on the east coast!!

However before that, they turned to the girl in front of us who was giggling like a maniac and said, "Don't be weird." It was the funniest most nonchalant thing I've ever heard said and it killed both of us.

:rotfl:

She was all frantic trying to figure out whether she wanted to see him or not. Eventually she did and well... party of two became party of five with his friends and we all headed to Paradise Pier.

This part of our DCA adventures could be summed up in...

ContentTestyBasil-size_restricted.gif

Ugh. Just no. No!!! Glad you managed to part ways fairly quickly. I wouldn't be about that either, if I'd be you, or if I'd been Raven.

As you can tell, I was swooning hardcore and my homosexuality was out in full force. In other words, I was awkward af. How could you not be when confronted with a smile and eyes like that?

:lovestruc Understandable. Cap is my favourite. He's particularly swoon-worthy here.

You tell me if you think I was being harsh because I'm still not so sure...

I love this one!!

Did you call this a fail!?! I LOVE it!!! My jumping photos always come out looking super derpy....so much so that I didn't even attempt any during my runDisney 5 and 10K races.....now THAT's a fail!

I just hate I always look angry during jumping shots. Granted it's probably because I naturally have dark intense looking brows. I JUST WANT TO LOOK HAPPY IN THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!

Oooh yay!! I wish we had meets like this on the east coast!!

SAME. Universal needs to relinquish their partial hold on Marvel in Florida.

Ugh. Just no. No!!! Glad you managed to part ways fairly quickly. I wouldn't be about that either, if I'd be you, or if I'd been Raven.

It was such a "never going through that again" situation. Eck.

:lovestruc Understandable. Cap is my favourite. He's particularly swoon-worthy here.

Uggghhhh, so swoon-worthy. Reminder that he's the sole reason I'm not ready for Infinity War.

I love this one!!

Awww, thanks! I thought I looked too confused lol

This has nothing to do with the trip report, but I have no idea how to reply to an instagram story and just wanted to say...

I agree. Shangela was totally robbed. She earned final 2. What a disappointing end to the season.

I spent way too much time looking for a gif to match this, but I'm way too exhausted. Hope you're having a magical end to your college semester and getting ready for the CP!

Oh wow. Hello. :welcome:

I agree In N Out really isn't to the level of Five Guys. I think the quality of the burger in and of itself is equal, but Five Guys just has more selection which I prefer to just a classic burger done well. I'm definitely going to be looking for some Five Guys this summer lol

Thank you so much for the congrats on my DCP! I cannot wait :)

I agree Fant at Disneyland in terms of seating is a mess. It's really the only downside of that show because everything else is so incredible. If only they could take DHS' seating set up and brought it to Disneyland, but that just can't happen eck

Awww @ no Jingle Cruise. Well at least MK still has it. And thank you! One day hopefully I'll be skippin' around JC. ONE DAY.

Thanks for all your thoughts! I'm glad you're enjoying reading about my adventures so far. :mickeyjum

Howdy! Good points on the differences on the menus, I hadn't thought about it that way. I'm always more focused on the burgers themselves.

You're welcome on the DCP, may it be grand and lead to lots more Disney adventures! :banana:

Yeah, no way they can wrangle seating in that area for Fantasmic!, it is what it is.

I hope they bring the Jingle Cruise back, it is such a great makeover and leads to some unique bad jokes from the captains. You're welcome, it would be a choice job to have. Its right up there with the "face" characters in my eyes.

Now onto the update you were posting when I was writing my first reply to your TR! :thumbsup2

Glad you got the Thor and Loki M&G, it was one of our favorites – and my kiddo Jinx liked it so much he went back for a second one on a later day of our trip. He has a pretty big Hiddleston crush also :lovestruc Their M&G is very much a whirlwind. My wife and I mostly stood back and let our kids drink in their interactions. I can understand how you got caught off guard with whatever question they asked.

Sorry that your group expanded and you got a little uncomfortable, but you still looked like you were having fun on the swings! And soon enough they were on their way and you had your captain meetup. We were in line behind a woman dressed like a retro Black Widow when we met Cap, it was interesting to watch that whole thing. And he was a great M&G for us, very cool guy. Good question you had for him, bummer that he didn’t get it.

Nice photo shoot at the blue wall - we kept wanting to do a "jumping" pic somewhere but it just never came together. Looking forward to the next installment! popcorn::

This has nothing to do with the trip report, but I have no idea how to reply to an instagram story and just wanted to say...

I agree. Shangela was totally robbed. She earned final 2. What a disappointing end to the season.

I spent way too much time looking for a gif to match this, but I'm way too exhausted. Hope you're having a magical end to your college semester and getting ready for the CP!

DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED. I'm still livid. And have you seen the vid where they reveal which of the eliminated queens voted for who? ONLY THORGY VOTED FOR SHANGELA. Mad respect for Miss Thorgeous now.

But still I'm just so...

tumblr_nue0ootIzi1rpaylno6_400.gif

Now onto the update you were posting when I was writing my first reply to your TR! :thumbsup2

Glad you got the Thor and Loki M&G, it was one of our favorites – and my kiddo Jinx liked it so much he went back for a second one on a later day of our trip. He has a pretty big Hiddleston crush also :lovestruc Their M&G is very much a whirlwind. My wife and I mostly stood back and let our kids drink in their interactions. I can understand how you got caught off guard with whatever question they asked.

It's hard not to fall in love with Mr. Hiddleston *sigh* But yeah omg they are WILD. I'd still recommend and see them again a million times over.

Sorry that your group expanded and you got a little uncomfortable, but you still looked like you were having fun on the swings! And soon enough they were on their way and you had your captain meetup. We were in line behind a woman dressed like a retro Black Widow when we met Cap, it was interesting to watch that whole thing. And he was a great M&G for us, very cool guy. Good question you had for him, bummer that he didn’t get it.

I always make the best of situations. You'd be hard pressed to find a way to ruin my time in a Disney park, especially one I'm in for the first time. And omg that's so cool! I'm guessing it was like a Peggy/Black Widow crossover, I would've been freaking out over that (they are both considered Cap's love interest across the two decades he's been truly active).

Nice photo shoot at the blue wall - we kept wanting to do a "jumping" pic somewhere but it just never came together. Looking forward to the next installment! popcorn::

The jumping pic has slowly become my signature. My best one was me with my first DCP graduation ears and jumping in front of Cinderella castle. Probably gonna do the same at the end of my program at Disneyland. :goodvibes

Hi everyone!

Just plugging here that if you reading my TRs, it is also your obligation to go see Love, Simon, this weekend in theaters! You won't regret it. Trust me. It's amazing. Bring tissues.

tumblr_p06wv2sTJm1u2116qo4_400.gif

In less important news, happy St. Patty's Day! :shamrock:

Oh and of course #SHANGELAWASROBBED

Thank you for bearing with me.

Now onto the update:

Too Famous For Minnie, Mickey's Too Good For Me, Not Fierce Enough For Daisy, Then There's Donald Part I
January 11th, 2018

When we got to Buena Vista Street, no characters were out besides Goofy who we had met earlier that day so we decided to past the time until they got out by taking pics with the Storytellers statue. It was getting chilly around the time we got the Blue wall photos so the sweatshirt went on. No more photos showing off my cute Powerline shirt. I know sad.

Anyways...

One of my favorite Walt quotes tbh

After we took those photos, we decided to sit on a bench and voila, Mickey & Minnie popped out to meet AND greet with all of us unworthy Buena Vista Street peasants. Minnie was the first one we saw and she did not draw a crowd so I was the second person who got to meet her.

Minnie & I had the best time catching up. She was so excited to meet me from the get-go. I was obviously GAGGING over her outfit and glad to see she was keeping warm. There was some confusion since she pointed at her wrist out of the blue, which I didn't notice but I think she was looking at my bracelets. I should've shown her my Apple Watch since I have the classic Minnie watch as my default. I also was wearing my Wishes Lillian & co. bracelet that says "Do As Dreamers Do", she would've liked that. However there was too much translation going on and Raven shouted out that she probz was asking where I was from. I told her and we got into the usual conversation of once working for her Mickey, the boss, although I had to mention to her she was the real boss. She loved that but told us all to keep quiet. Then we took our photo. Many hugs and kisses goodbye but also, she seemed to do the "I know you" signal, which I hadn't gotten in forever so wasn't too aware (not to mention I was TIRED by now). Raven pointed it out and I was shook for like the next few days.

Continued Here

Last edited:
Too Famous For Minnie, Mickey's Too Good For Me, Not Fierce Enough For Daisy, Then There's Donald Part II
January 11th, 2018

I didn't have much time to ponder it or go ask Minnie some more about it because her husband was right behind her so we hopped in his line before it got too long. We were a few families away from meeting him so there was a little waiting then I got to go meet the boss man in his cute little Suitcase and a Dream outfit.

I was tired so this meet is a bit muddy too, but I remember it being very fun and a lot like Minnie's. I had seen him the day before and that meet was amazing so it wasn't close to that, but Mickey's always wonderful. I know I definitely complimented him on his outfit and how great he was in the show earlier. Our boss needs some praise too, ya know.

After bidding Mickey goodbye, we saw Daisy appear from out of Carthay Circle. We ran up to her think she was having a M&G but she was actually going for a stroll. Donald wasn't out so we weren't missing any other possible meets for the night so we strolled along with Daisy. Everyone was trying to stop her for selfies, some which she allowed, others she just ignored because she can't please everyone. She's got to do her own thing. I gave Raven my phone in case Daisy and I did something cute together. You know being the good TR writer/Disneygrammer I am. When I got up next to her, I asked, "Hey Daisy, can you strut for us?" She stopped and told us all to back away.

She was about to COME THROUGH!!!

giphy.gif

Then, when we think she had us severely gagged, Daisy went right behind Raven and started twirling all over the street. Oh Miss Thang was not letting us BREATHE. I was screaming and whooping and hollering. Oh Daisy, this queen. I AM NOT WORTHY. We were shook. We wished we got footage or at least more photos of me failing to match her ferocity, but that's all I got.

Once Daisy was out of sight, we checked the Disneyland app to see when Donald was coming out. We had about fifteen minutes so Raven and I decided to use this for her to refill her dead Fuel Rod and me to use the bathroom per usual, which was only just on the other side of where we saw him meeting earlier. After Raven had gotten her Fuel Rod, she said she was having another hankering for food so she slipped into the ice cream shop next to Starbucks while I went out to go take a rest on a bunch and just take it all in. Always a nice thing to do and one of my favorites especially after my CM days when I'd use Magic Kingdom for naps.

Anyways, once Raven came out, Donald had may his way out of Carthay Circle over to us. I was the first to meet him and you can say... it was definitely the last meet of the night for me for sure.

This meet was frankly a mess and it really was because the stress and tiredness of the day was catching up with me. REALLY catching up with me. Donald's one of my favorites. He's always so flirty which is so fun with me. Usually it's only the girls who do that but sometimes Donald likes to too. Tonight was not one of those nights and I was having an off moment. For some reason during the meet, I told Donald I was his "number one fan" in trying to say "You're the number one duck in my heart" or something like that. I barely remember. Luckily it went over well, but I like pushed for that photo. Then Donald put up his number one finger and when I did, Photopass stopped taking photos and scanned Raven's AP. I then just walked away cause it was so all over the place for me. I definitely needed to recharge and not wear out my social limit for the night.

Sustenance was now NECESSARY. I was a bit nervous considering how my stomach acted earlier so I knew I wanted something small. I also wanted to see the neon at Cars Land for some photos since it all looked so beautiful in the pics I had seen prior to the trip. Bless Cars Land for having some more food options for me to try. Off to Cars Land it was... again!

Continued Here

Last edited:
OMG, Daisy! WORK IT. Best strut photo session over.

Also, let’s discuss the flawless ness that is Love, Simon. How amazing was it? I loved it. So much.

OMG, Daisy! WORK IT. Best strut photo session over.

She DID. THAT. All that. It was incredible to watch in person.

Also, let’s discuss the flawless ness that is Love, Simon. How amazing was it? I loved it. So much.

Imma need to see it a million times before I've had my fill. That's how much I loved it.

So much fun. I loved Daisy strutting. I'm gonna strut everywhere now.

YAS MAMA DO IT! That's how I'll find you at Disneyland.

6a00d8341c2ca253ef01a511764f1d970c-250wi

Minnie looks too cute in her winter coat and scarf! Adorable pics with her and Mickey!

Sassy Daisy, love it!

She did and thank you! It was a great bunch of meets on Buena Vista Street.

This is totally adorable!!! I do love this statue. There's just something so sweet and charming about it and the beginning of Walt's Disney story.

Aww thank you! And same. It felt very relevant to my life at the moment tbh with the whole flying out to Cali and pursuing my dreams there thing lol

I don't want to turn this into a Drag Race thread but I'm heart broken about Shangie. And I don't understand why Kennedy even made it to the final episode. The final two should have been Trixie and Shangela with Shangela winning. Also how amazing did Aja look in the finale??

Just plugging here that if you reading my TRs, it is also your obligation to go see Love, Simon, this weekend in theaters! You won't regret it. Trust me. It's amazing. Bring tissues.

I'm really excited to see this!!

This mouse is the absolute epitome of class!

You both look amazing!

I told her and we got into the usual conversation of once working for her Mickey, the boss, although I had to mention to her she was the real boss. She loved that but told us all to keep quiet.

Love! Of course she is!

then I got to go meet the boss man in his cute little Suitcase and a Dream outfit.

I LOVE this outfit!!

I think this is probably my favourite look for Mickey. Very classic Walt kinda vibe.

Oh. My. Gawd. :lovestruc

I don't want to turn this into a Drag Race thread but I'm heart broken about Shangie. And I don't understand why Kennedy even made it to the final episode. The final two should have been Trixie and Shangela with Shangela winning. Also how amazing did Aja look in the finale??

I'm perfectly fine with making this a drag race thread (based on my gif use... it is), but SAME. She's the only queen I've met and seen perform and watch this season, I just wanted more and more for her to win. It really should've been her and Trixie. Final 4 should've been Shangie, Trixie, De La and Aja (and yes, she looked so good as did Thorgy!). This season was a mess through and through. Thank goodness for season 10 this week!

I'm really excited to see this!!

You should be. Bring tissues tho.

This mouse is the absolute epitome of class!

She is. Q-UEEN.

You both look amazing!

Aww thank you, we try. :teeth:

Love! Of course she is!

We all know the real tea on who runs Disney hehehe

I LOVE this outfit!!

RIGHT??

I think this is probably my favourite look for Mickey. Very classic Walt kinda vibe.

Same. It also being his look for the Red Car Trolley adds to the love.

Oh. My. Gawd. :lovestruc

A Runway KWEEN.

Edit: I JUST LAST MINUTE REALIZED TODAY IS MY TWO MONTH MARK UNTIL I'M FLYING OUT TO CALIFORNIA FOR MY CP
:maleficen
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
:maleficen

Back to our regularly scheduled update...

The Photography Chronicles of DCA

January 11th, 2018

After our messy meet with Donald, we headed on back over to Cars Land to get some food. I was really excited to see it at night since all the pics people took of it at night looked AMAZING. And I was NOT disappointed. The neon looks so cool and really brings you into a realm of the film that is so iconic and magical.

xqOqO.gif

As we headed on down into Radiator Springs, we noticed there was only a 15 minute wait for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. We had missed out on the Rollickin' Roadsters due to our misstep with the Newsboys earlier so we thought we'd make it up by doing another B-ticket or C-ticket or whatever level attraction we want to put MJJ on. It had a short wait soooo why not?

The wait ended up being a bit longer, but we were very entertained by a small little family in front of us. Raven and I ended up striking a conversation with them after the little princess of the family started talking to us. I don't remember much what it was about because a certain red cap with a certain slogan hemmed by a certain president of ours was in front of us. I'm not going to state my political opinions since they seem to trickle out a bit too much on here, but that had me a bit shaken. Anyways, eventually we were loaded into our tractor and off on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Click to watch!

Forgive me, when you're in Radiator Springs and on Mater's ride... you take on that thick deep South accent for a moment. Especially when it feels like you're riding a mechanical bull and your ears are about to fall off again. Good times. Definitely a ride that threw me around a bit more than I expected. Whoa.

When we got off Mater, we were let off directly in front of Fillmore's where we saw THE BEADS. If you don't know what The Beads are, they are one of the faux entrances at Fillmore's psychedelic dome. They became pretty famous on Instagram when Britney Spears recreated her iconic "Oops!... I Did It Again" album cover with her sons. Ever since then, anyone who goes to Disneyland and is a true Britney stan recreates it. Obviously, I'm a true Britney stan since circa 2000 so here is my attempt at capturing the essence of the Golden Age of Britney.

britney-spears-oops-i-did-it-again-2000-billboard-650x650.jpg

I think I nailed it. And come to think of it, she did that recreation with her sons on the Fourth of July. Maybe she likes coming around that time so maybe I'll see my queen in person this summer, who knows? Granted, I'd die so no, let's not do that. Don't come Britney. DO NOT COME TO DISNEYLAND THIS SUMMER.

Anyways, that picture taken care of, it was time to go get "dinner". I put it in quotes because due to what happened when I rode Soarin' that morning so it was going to be much smaller than your usual meal. The cone dishes at the Cozy Cone seemed like the perfect option for me and Raven, who wasn't really feeling a big meal either agreed so that's where we went.

This is what I got.

Spoiler alert, but I ended up getting both of the cones they offered by the end of this trip. I believe on this night I got the Mac N Cheese. It's the only night I got a pic and I recall getting it because I thought the chili might not sit in my stomach well, unless I'm mysteriously lactose intolerant (which I'm not and showed no signs on this night, DON'T JINX ME DISBOARDS). ANYWAYS, it was delicious and hit the spot just right. I don't remember what Raven I got, I believe it was the same and included a drink. While we ate, Raven vented to me about some more drama back at her apartment. Again, NOT WHAT I WAS HERE FOR, but it made for a good time to relax. Once she was done, we tossed all of what we didn't eat and decided to go see what the wait time for the Rollickin' Roadsters was right down the way.

The wait was even longer than when we were there earlier so it was a snap decision to skip. We still weren't sure of what to do in terms of attractions so I decided... why not take the DSLR for a spin and take pictures around the gorgeousness that is Cars Land...

tumblr_mcqaz8nj7I1qe00wso2_250.gif

I first wanted some pics of myself with Stanley, the beloved founder of Radiator Springs. Took a moment during that shoot to polish his golden tooth. If only he could see his beloved town today.

Then, it was time for a nice cruise through this cute little town, just imagine Sh-Boom playing in the background and let your imagination take flight...

As you can see, after that, we were out. Nighty night Cars Land!

My DSLR was still out and I really wanted to get some good Paradise Pier photos before it was truly no longer, although it was pretty far gone as is, but I still wanted the pics especially at night since it was another iconic location for lighting. Off we went that way and soon enough, the shutter was clicking, the seagulls had quieted and that Cali boardwalk night life energy was reverberating in the air. Live in it, embrace it and let it take you away!

That was essentially my goodbye to Paradise Pier. I never got to experience you in your fullest form, but it was so magical getting to see you all lit up at night. We actually did go a lot farther than the photos show. We turned around when we got to Toy Story Mania as the line there was near all the way down to California Screamin'. Speaking of which, Raven gave me a fun little tidbit about that coaster. Apparently back when it first opened, prior to when they did that one refurb where NPH became the voice of the attraction, there used to be a wave machine that would go up against the launch track and splash riders with water. It wasn't there for long, but Raven recalls seeing that and getting wet on the ride because of that when it first opened. She even pulled up pictures online. Very interesting. Throwback to the days of the Sun Wheel, the Mickey loop, Maliboomer, etc. etc.

Anyways, after longing for being able to have my first Disney adult drink at the Cove Bar, we really did say goodbye to Paradise Pier. We'd be semi-back later for our World of Color FPs, but we still had time to do things. Back to Hollywoodland we went to see what else piqued our interest over there...

Continued Here

Last edited:
Loving all the pictures in this update, especially Carsland at night!! The theme-ing in this area is just amazing!!!!!

Pics of that rainbow drink from the Cove bar were enough to make me wish I could hop a plane to get one immediately! Sad you weren't able to get one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!