Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Hello, I am in the middle of my trip and there is a button to click saying activate under each photo. Should I press it now or wait until after I get home?

Hello, I am in the middle of my trip and there is a button to click saying activate under each photo. Should I press it now or wait until after I get home?
It's up to you. If you want to download some photos now without the watermark, activate it now. Once you click activate, your 30 day download window will start.

Okay, that’s!
It's up to you. If you want to download some photos now without the watermark, activate it now. Once you click activate, your 30 day download window will start.

Okay thanks! But I can activate when I get home and I’ll still be able to get all the photos?

But I can activate when I get home and I’ll still be able to get all the photos?
Once you activate, you will be able to download any unexpired photo linked to your PhotoPass account. The normal photo expiration period is 45 days from the date taken.

Okay, that’s!

Okay thanks! But I can activate when I get home and I’ll still be able to get all the photos?
You only need to activate when you are ready to download photos. If you don't want to download photos right now, during your trip, then it is perfectly fine to wait until you are home to activate.

Wait...The 30 day window is for downloads? I thought it is 30 days worth of taking pictures. Can someone clarify?

Wait...The 30 day window is for downloads? I thought it is 30 days worth of taking pictures. Can someone clarify?
From the 1st post of this thread:
“Each photo you have taken will stay on the PhotoPass server for 45 days from the day it is taken. This means you need to finish your editing, and download your photos within 45 days of having them taken.”

From the 1st post of this thread:
“Each photo you have taken will stay on the PhotoPass server for 45 days from the day it is taken. This means you need to finish your editing, and download your photos within 45 days of having them taken.”
The 30 days window is for taking pictures only, not 30 days to edit/download pictures, correct? So if I take my first picture on November 1st, immediately download it to post to my IG, I can still able to edit/download again when I got home December 15th. Am I correct?

The 30 days window is for taking pictures only, not 30 days to edit/download pictures, correct? So if I take my first picture on November 1st, immediately download it to post to my IG, I can still able to edit/download again when I got home December 15th. Am I correct?
No. If you download on Nov 1st for Insta, you have to complete the rest of your downloads within 30 days (Nov 30).

First, let me make certain, we are talking about a Memory Maker purchase that is used in conjunction with a regular park ticket, NOT Memory Maker that is part of an Annual Pass.

For the aforementioned Memory Maker which is NOT part of an Annual Pass, when you have your photo taken on November 1st, regardless of whether you download it or not, the photo will only be on the server for 45 days. So December 16th is the very last day that photo will be available for you to edit, and download. When you make your first download has nothing to do with this. Each and every photo you have taken will expire 45 days from the day it was taken.

When you download your first photo, you start a 30 day period during which you may add more photos to the Memory Maker. At the end of that 30 day period, you can no longer have new photos added. However, any photos that were added during that period will still remain on the server, available for editing, and downloading, until the end of their respective 45 day windows, so if you have photos taken on the very last day of your 30 day window, you will then have an additional 45 days to edit those photos and download them.

These are two separate windows, one which applies to each individual photo from the time it was taken, and the other which applies to the Memory Maker product, from the time it is first used to download a photo.

:confused3
so If even if I download on Nov 1st , I DON'T have to complete the rest of downloads within 30 days??

so If even if I download on Nov 1st , I DON'T have to complete the rest of downloads within 30 days??
No, you do not. You have to complete the download of each photo within 45 days of THAT photo being taken.

If you download on Nov 1st, you have to have all of your photos TAKEN by Dec 1st, 30 days after your first download.

No, you do not. You have to complete the download of each photo within 45 days of THAT photo being taken.

If you download on Nov 1st, you have to have all of your photos TAKEN by Dec 1st, 30 days after your first download.
That's what I though. Thanks for confirming.

Traveling solo for 8 days. Not planning on going any character meals. might not do any meat and greats Depending on how long lines. would it still be financial benefit purchasing it.?

Traveling solo for 8 days. Not planning on going any character meals. might not do any meat and greats Depending on how long lines. would it still be financial benefit purchasing it.?

That depends on how many photos you will want. There are ride photos on a number of rides, and numerous PhotoPass Photographers around the parks. If you go on a number of the rides with on ride photos, and stop to have your photo taken a number of times by PhotoPass Photographers, AND you actually WANT those photos, then it would be financially advisable. If you aren't that interested in stopping to get your photo taken, or in getting the on ride photos, then it might not be advantageous to you.

Unfortunately, only you can decide how many of those photos you would actually want to keep. The first post in this thread has a section titled "Choosing the right photo product" which can help you to figure out which product will be most cost effective for you.

I've made all my edits and want to do the one download now, and at the top it says I have 459 photos - but when i click download photos it says I only have 424 ? Why is there a difference ? None of the photos expired yet- our first day was Nov. 4th, and it says they expire Dec 19. Thanks for any advice!

** edit- I think i figured it out- the number at the top of the page that says "All Photos (459)" includes the Disney Bonus content - that from each park totals 35- which is the difference.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts