Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

sorry, looking back in the thread, but I might have missed this...

In the past we shared memory maker. As an annual passholder, I would link my Friends and Family and get their photos. Is that still possible?

We have an upcoming trip with another family. I'm sure there will be times we separate, or on rides where we will be separated.. We tried to link our MDE accounts. I can see the Mom, but not the husband and kids. (the mom's MDE account manages the husband and kids). And she can't see my son (My wife has her own account, so our friend can link her, but our friend can't see/link our son).

Should we be able to link all our accounts and see each other's entire family in our Friends and Family list? If I only see her, am I correct that I wont see the photos her husband and kids scan their bands for?

In the past we shared memory maker. As an annual passholder, I would link my Friends and Family and get their photos. Is that still possible?
Yes.

We have an upcoming trip with another family. I'm sure there will be times we separate, or on rides where we will be separated.. We tried to link our MDE accounts. I can see the Mom, but not the husband and kids. (the mom's MDE account manages the husband and kids). And she can't see my son (My wife has her own account, so our friend can link her, but our friend can't see/link our son).

Should we be able to link all our accounts and see each other's entire family in our Friends and Family list? If I only see her, am I correct that I wont see the photos her husband and kids scan their bands for?

If you select "Add a Guest" from your MDE account, does it present you with a list of "people you may know". That list should included profiles manged by your connected friends. If you see the ones you are missing, select them and click done. The profile that manages them will need to approve the friend request. Have the other MDE account manager try this also.

If the other family is staying at a Disney Resort, you can also try to add them by using the Disney Resort Reservation number. When you select "Add a Guest", one of the options is to import from a Disney Reservation. The other MDE account manage can also do this with your reservation number if you are staying at a Disney Resort.

If both of the above options don't work, the only other option would be to call the MDE help desk and have them assist with linking the managed profiles.

Yes.

If you select "Add a Guest" from your MDE account, does it present you with a list of "people you may know". That list should included profiles manged by your connected friends. If you see the ones you are missing, select them and click done. The profile that manages them will need to approve the friend request. Have the other MDE account manager try this also.

If the other family is staying at a Disney Resort, you can also try to add them by using the Disney Resort Reservation number. When you select "Add a Guest", one of the options is to import from a Disney Reservation. The other MDE account manage can also do this with your reservation number if you are staying at a Disney Resort.

If both of the above options don't work, the only other option would be to call the MDE help desk and have them assist with linking the managed profiles.
Thanks for answering!

Yes.

Thanks for the reply. I know how it used to work, and how I did it in the past. (just how you explained it). It was odd that it didn't work the last two times I tried it.

I tried back in January with my neighbors, but it didn't work, because of COVID and their trip being canceled, I never looked into it further. I was able to add Erika (manger of the MDE account) not her family. I tried via "connected guest" and resort reservation and it didn't make a difference.

Just tried it again now with other family who goes next week and overlaps our trip.. In both cases, we could only add the lead MDE account person, not their family (i.e. I could see the person who managed their MDE account, not their family... and they could add me, but not my son who I managed).. They are staying at AirBnD so no Disney reservation for me to try. However she tried adding us via Disney reservation and could only see me.

Its definitely a glitch on Disney's part. My friend and I both called in and Disney fixed it in a matter of minutes. They didn't explain what might have caused it, or if it should/shouldn't happen again.

Thanks for the reply. I know how it used to work, and how I did it in the past. (just how you explained it). It was odd that it didn't work the last two times I tried it.

I tried back in January with my neighbors, but it didn't work, because of COVID and their trip being canceled, I never looked into it further. I was able to add Erika (manger of the MDE account) not her family. I tried via "connected guest" and resort reservation and it didn't make a difference.

Just tried it again now with other family who goes next week and overlaps our trip.. In both cases, we could only add the lead MDE account person, not their family (i.e. I could see the person who managed their MDE account, not their family... and they could add me, but not my son who I managed).. They are staying at AirBnD so no Disney reservation for me to try. However she tried adding us via Disney reservation and could only see me.

Its definitely a glitch on Disney's part. My friend and I both called in and Disney fixed it in a matter of minutes. They didn't explain what might have caused it, or if it should/shouldn't happen again.
Anything, and everything, having to do with the Disney website, and app, can and will be glitchy, sometimes to the point of being relatively useless. This is not a new, or unusual situation.

When in doubt, always call and talk to someone. It often yields better results than their online presence does.

Hello! I want to take pictures in our wedding attire. What's the best option to do so? Can I do that with a Disney Fine Arts Mini Session?

@Tomh

For a 6 day trip, about how many pictures will I get with the Memory Maker? Also, is it the same cost regardless of days?

Same cost regardless of the number of days of your trip. You'll get all the pictures you have taken.

Steve

DH and I are going to WDW Dec 5-12 and looking to get the memory maker. I was going to purchase the advanced option on the 1st. Been holding off until closer to when we go in case we had to cancel. If I purchase it and have to cancel does it stay in my account on the My Disney Experience so I could use it on a future trip since it wouldn't be activated? Thanks

On past trips, I managed the 4 people in my family. Now DH and DS have their own accounts. (DD is too young to have her own). We are currently here. DH can see all my photos in MDE and I can see most of his - actually I think I see all but two. It is the ones from Buzz in MK. Should I be concerned that I don’t see these while on my phone in MDE? Or will I have no problem downloading them later. (We bought MM back in February before all this craziness.)

There are no "value" studios @ Kidani. All the value studios at Jambo are close to lobby. I don't know if it was luck of the draw but I booked two value studios and got partial Savannah views on both of them.

We booked a value one bedroom renting points from David's and I used touring plans for that one also. We got a partial Savannah view.
On past trips, I managed the 4 people in my family. Now DH and DS have their own accounts. (DD is too young to have her own). We are currently here. DH can see all my photos in MDE and I can see most of his - actually I think I see all but two. It is the ones from Buzz in MK. Should I be concerned that I don’t see these while on my phone in MDE? Or will I have no problem downloading them later. (We bought MM back in February before all this craziness.)
Never mind - I figured it out. It was the filter settings. 🙄

DH and I are going to WDW Dec 5-12 and looking to get the memory maker. I was going to purchase the advanced option on the 1st. Been holding off until closer to when we go in case we had to cancel. If I purchase it and have to cancel does it stay in my account on the My Disney Experience so I could use it on a future trip since it wouldn't be activated? Thanks

I've never cancelled, so there is room for me to be wrong here, but I believe that if your Memory Maker is part of a Disney package (onsite hotel, park tickets, memory maker) and you cancel, you will be refunded for everything. If the Memory Maker is a separate purchase (say you are staying offsite, and only buying tickets, and Memory Maker) then it would simply stay in your account until such time as you actually use it.

How do you activate the photo pass? I can’t find out how to do it anywhere. Thanks!

Memory Maker is activated the first time you download a photo with it. You can have a bunch of photos taken, decide that you don't really like any of them, and simply not download anything, and the Memory Maker won't be used. As soon as you download the first photo, then the Memory Maker becomes active.

I know things are changing quickly but has anybody been in the past few weeks that can comment on how Photopass is currently? Are there a lack of photographers compared to past years?

I know things are changing quickly but has anybody been in the past few weeks that can comment on how Photopass is currently? Are there a lack of photographers compared to past years?
Our family was there Dec. 20-26 and got lots of photos. There were PhotoPass photographers in many locations - didn't seem to be any fewer than in past years.

We were there Dec 5-12 and thought there were lots out. We ended up with a ton of pictures. By the end of the week my hubby was saying not another picture.
Not sure what the pictures would be now that Christmas is over but we got some cute pictures at the photo pass place at Disney Springs. It was a green screen and they made it look like you were talking to Santa.

We went in early October.. Yes, there were less photograghers in MK and HS - the 2 parks we went to. I asked and the photographer said it was because of the furloughs. I thought that photo pass was subcontracted out (aka: not Disney like Magical Express drivers) (please correct me if I'm wrong on that) I was happy to read there were more photogs out in Dec and hope that continues on into January.

Regarding the new promos announced today, what are the odds that I can purchase the OneDay (get next day included) twice?
Our park days are Sun/Mon and Wed/Thurs.
I wanted to see if I did the one-day on Sun, could I purchase the OneDay again on Wed and get the next day included.

Couldn’t tell in the fine print if it was only applicable once.

We went in early October.. Yes, there were less photograghers in MK and HS - the 2 parks we went to. I asked and the photographer said it was because of the furloughs. I thought that photo pass was subcontracted out (aka: not Disney like Magical Express drivers) (please correct me if I'm wrong on that) I was happy to read there were more photogs out in Dec and hope that continues on into January.
They are not contracted out, but a lot of them are DCP and with no students certain departments are short on staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!