Everything you wanted to know about Royal Pacific

chris mcfly

Mouseketeer
Okay, if this post doesnt satisfy you guys, i dont know what will!

The waterway is the "Bali Sea"
The outdoor activity area is Palm Gardens.
The outdoor entertainment center is the Wantilan
The lobby lounge is the Orchid Court.
The main resturant is the Islands Dining Room
Resurant/Bar is Jake's American Bar
Pool Bar and Grill - Bula Bar

· As they enter the hotel site, guests will drive past an authentic Kul-Kul tower, a traditional Balinese structure that uses a bell to summon people for special occasions or ceremonies.

· A towering bamboo forest that forms an archway over the road will surround the entryway. Guests will find more bamboo trees and other exotic foliage throughout the hotel grounds.

· A 45-foot tall, 10-trunk palm tree will frame the hotel’s Porte Cochere and lead to a bamboo footbridge overlooking terraced rice patties, a rushing stream and waterfalls.

· A multi-engine floatplane with a 90-foot wingspan will be docked in the resort’s lagoon, lending a true island feel to the hotel.

· Each guest room will have a mahogany panel that has been hand-carved by a Balinese artist.

· The Orchid Court at the Royal Pacific Hotel will be one of the largest and most diverse in existence. The open-air courtyard will showcase hundreds of orchids featuring varieties from around the world. It will be visible through enormous glass windows from nearly everywhere on the hotel’s lobby level.

· Balinese artists have worked to provide the hotel with hand-carved artwork and sculptures. Their work includes:

· Dozens of stone lanterns, hand-carved by Balinese artisans lining the hotel’s entryway and paths.

· Hand-painted canvas murals and handcrafted batik wall hangings.

· Hand-carved stone elephants and South Pacific maidens inhabiting the entryway to the hotel, its Orchid Court and other public areas.

· Hundreds of linear feet of stone and woodcarvings placed throughout the hotel to depict South Pacific scenes, including seaside villages, plants and forests and other themes.

· Custom-built wood furniture.

In the era known as the "Golden Age of Travel," the Royal Pacific Resort was built by the Royal Pacific Company to pamper guests on their island layover during travels from North America to the exotic isles of the South Pacific. Guests traveled to the resort by air on Royal Pacific Airways or by boat on the Royal Pacific liners.

All rooms include the following:

A king-size or two queen-size beds
Occupancy sensor with automatic climate control
Refreshment pantry
Two-line touch tone phone with data port and voice mail
Evening turndown service (upon request)
Hair dryer
Iron and ironing board
Smart room technology
In-room safe
Technology Services

Club Floor Technology Services: Club Floor Rooms will be equipped with internet services next to the table in the room. This is at no additional charge - it is for guests staying in these rooms. In addition, The Club Lounge will have a couple of PC's and a shared printer for the guests' convenience. They will also have internet access. Again, no additional charges. ALL of our guest-rooms will have internet services through the TV/On-Command system.

Lobby & Reception Area

Lobby areas surround central fountain of the Orchid Court. Lobby bar and lounge seating areas are richly appointed with unusual custom made furniture and woodcarvings from Indonesia. Art and artifacts from Indonesia bring richness of native-made art and craft together in a unique collection of cultural artifacts.

Retail store featuring an array of gifts including imported Indonesian furniture.
Concierge
Guest Services
Parking & Transportation

Valet and self parking
Guests will have access to the theme parks and CityWalk via shuttle bus, water taxi and a beautiful garden walk

RESTAURANTS & LOUNGES
Islands Dining Room –This is a three-meal restaurant with a buffet area that seats 312. Private dining areas available including children’s area. Interior design depicts casual style of island living and features hand-carved wood panels complemented by custom painted murals, unique collection of artifacts and furniture imported for the hotel. Both indoor and outdoor seating are available.
-Breakfast served 7AM-11:30 AM.

-Lunch 1:30PM-2:30 PM.

-Dinner 5PM-11 PM

Jake’s American Bar – This bar is connected to Islands Dining Room. Its decorated to celebrate the Romantic Era of Clipper ship travel in the Pacific region. The bar features a collection of flight and travel memorabilia from Jake’s (a popular clipper ship pilot during the "Golden Age of Travel") journeys that transport guests to a more romantic time and give the bar a relaxed, casual island feel.
-Open from 2PM until 2AM

-Food Service from 2PM-11PM

Tchoup Chop – (pronounced chop chop) In both atmosphere and menu, Chef Emeril Lagasse’s Tchoup Chop will offer diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas. The menu at Tchoup Chop focuses on the islands of the Pacific with an Asian and European flavor. Chef Emeril will offer diners a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors. Scheduled to open Fall 2002.

Bula Bar & Grill – This 75-seat casual and quick outdoor poolside eatery serves food and beverages with a tropical flair.
-Open from 11AM-10PM

-Food Service 11AM-8PM

Orchid Court Lounge –Royal Pacific Resort’s lobby lounge where guests can relax and sip on a tropical beverage.
-Open from 6AM-12AM

-Continental breakfast and food service throughout the day

LUAU

Beginning, Saturday, July 20th, the hotel will provide a "Luau"
experience to all hotel guests. Reservations will be made through the normal restaurant reservations system.

RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
"Lagoon Pool" - featuring zero-entry with deck and sand beach, interactive water play area, children’s wading pool, two whirlpools, and three cabanas. The lagoon pool is nearly 12,000 square feet and is the largest pool in the City of Orlando
" Royal Garden" - outdoor area with putting green and entertainment/stage area for shows
"The Gymnasium" – fitness center featuring state-of-the-art Cardio Fitness and Circuit training equipment featuring Cardio theater, men’s and women’s locker rooms with separate steam and sauna rooms, and a co-ed whirlpool
"Mariner’s Club" – supervised children’s activity center with nightly programs
FUN FACTS
Sixteen acres of landscaping throughout the Royal Pacific Resort property feature 58,000 shrubs and 2,500 trees.
One-Hundred-Forty palm trees with dramatically curved trunks – shaped as a result of South Florida’s Hurricane Andrew and rescued by Universal Orlando horticulturists – are used across the resort.
The statues and wood panels located throughout the property were hand carved by artisans in villages throughout Indonesia.
There are 1,552 different wood panels and 80 custom-made stone statues throughout the hotel—all were hand-made and imported from Indonesia.

By The Numbers
A l, 000-Room Luxury Resort : Consisting of 750,00 Total Square Feet

717 Standard Rooms

190 Pool view Rooms

42 Royal Club Rooms

1 Club Level Lounge

10 Hospitality Suites

3 Royal Suites

36 King Suites

2 Presidential Suites

Meeting Facilities

Ballroom A: Seating 1729

Ballroom B: Seating 1729

Meeting Rooms: Seating 1058.

Boardroom: Seating 82

Business Center: Reception/Secretary/Library/Copy/Fax/Mail 560 sq. ft

RP looks so beautiful from the outside, I can't wait to see the inside!

Thanks for all of the wonderful information. Can't wait to see it. It sounds like its really going to be nice.

What no pool slide????????

Just kidding!!!!!!!!

I cant wait, it really sounds great. Lets hope so, we have ressies for 7 nights in October.

Thanks for all the info!!!!!!!!

Patty

Chris, THANKYOU! THANKYOU!!! THANKYOU!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I started reading your post to my daughter who asks everyday if I have any news on the resort, and 1/2 way thru she said to stop!:confused: She wants to be surprised!!!!! Go figure. I, however read it twice so I wouldn't miss anything. where did you get the info? We will be there too early in July for the luau:( I really wish we could experience that. HMMMMMM, reasons to book a return visit already?;)

Thanks for all the great info !!! I can't wait to see the actual pictures !! We're headed 6 nights 9/8 thru 9/14/02. Just changed the reservation from standard to pool view :D ! Got so excited I decided to spurge :p

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

wow, thanks for the great info.....way to go universal and loews!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!:D

FROM WHAT YOU DESCRIBED, THIS IS OUR TYPE OF PLACE. NOW I KNOW WE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION FOR THE ROYAL PACIFIC AND AT THAT RATE, I AM SO EXCITED. GOT THE POOL VIEW. WE ARE GOING IN AUGUST.

I GUESS TO RESERVE ONE OF THE CABANAS, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE HOTEL OPENS.

THE POOL AREA SOUNDS AWESOME I GUESS I'M GOING TO BE WASTING MONEY ON PASSES BECAUSE THE KIDS ARE NOT GOING TO WANT TO LEAVE THIS POOL.

AGAIN, THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST THIS.

;)

Thanks for the insight!
I noticed there wasn't a mention of free stays for Hawaiians though. Still can't believe they didn't hire Molokai Gram in an advisory capacity during construction.... what a shame.
Can't wait to hear of the first guests' reviews!
Jim

Sounds great, but I am curious, does anyone know why there is not a pool slide. Very surprised to hear there isn't one.

Plus I don't like the fact that the "new wave" of pools is to not make it any higher than 4 1/2 feet. I feel you can not cool off and adults need to have it deeper.
Does anyone else agree with me?

Great description, thank you!

I was wondering if you have anymore details on the walk to the parks??? Do we have to cross a street or not?

minijeanie,

I agree with you. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge last August. The pool was beautiful, but the water was way to way to be refreshing. I understand the safety factors, but PLEASE it's so hot in Florida in the summer!

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL INFORMATION!!!!!Any word on Character dining at the Royal Pacific?How about walking to the parks,in terms of just how far that will be?:)

ALOHA!

Mahalo of all the info. Sounds like home. ;) Maybe Ohai and I should practice and join the luau entertainment so we can get free rooms since they don't seem to be offering free rooms to Hawaiians. :p

I love all the water effects except that I would worry about mosquitos by the rice paddies.

I hope those of you that will be staying here will take lots of pictures for the rest of us. And Jim, when you go (not if) be sure to write to me all about it. :D Or maybe you could get one of those planes to fly here and pick us up for a quick visit? :cool:

Do you think they will be offering poi? LOL Maybe at least they will make proper sticky rice. :)

I think I have to figure out a way to get back to Orlando.

Molokai,

I'm still trying to figure out a way to go back to the big Island of Oahu. What a wonderful busy place. Our one visit in 1996 was just the best ever. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki for 6 nights and got to go to the Pro Bowl at Aloha Stadium. Me thinks you are the lucky one Molokai Gram!!

RobinLyn ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter