Excursions - reserving (paying for) - how far in advance?

#NotMyName

Mouseketeer
I was surprised to discover that with RCL you must pay for your excursions at the time you reserve them. For financial reasons, I'd like to delay paying as far out as possible, but I don't want to lose the opportunity to reserve desired excursions for our cruise in December on Enchantment (Sea Doos on Coco Cay and parasailing in Key West). To be safe, when should I plan to reserve these?

We are cruising in dec as well and I paid for some at the end of June and will be paying for the rest this next week. I hear you about waiting but if you really want something, personally, I would reserve it as soon as I could as to not be disappointed. I don't think there is a right or wrong time to reserve them.

as soon as they are released. many excursions will sell out. in other words, the longer you wait, the more likely is your preferred options will not be available.

Do you have to be PIF before you can book excursions?

No, I don't think so. It has been awhile, so I am not 100% sure but I am fairly certain we booked our excursions before we were PIF last time. I don't think the entertainment schedule is released until after the PIF date though, but pretty much anything can be booked as it is released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!