Experiences at Disneyland...

Okay, I'll start..may be kinda boring to some, but it's a nice memory for me.

The only time I have ever been to DL was the summer of 1986. I visited my grandmother in AZ for the summer and we drove to CA and went to DL. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I don't remember an awful lot, but I do remember eating at Blue Bayou and absolutely loving the atmosphere (how cool is it to have an actual attraction ride thru a restaurant. That memory is why it's so important to take my family to Blue Bayou on our trip. I can't wait to go back!

Something that seemed rare to me...

We went on Buzz Lightyear last September in the morning. It wasn't crowded yet so we asked if we could just stay on and ride again and they let us. It's not very often that you can stay on a ride and not have to get in line again.

September 9, 1967. I met the most incredible soldier on the Small World Ride. We were married less than 4 weeks later. It is still magic and we are returning to DL on Sept 9 to celebrate meeting there 39 years ago. :love: I was 17 at the time and he headed off to VietNam 2 days after our wedding. Folks are still wondering if it will last. :rotfl: :lmao:

I've been lucky enough to have been going to DL since it opened in 1955. My family lived in central AZ (HOT HOT HOT) and every summer we would go to "the beach" in SoCal for 2 weeks. A lot of my very best childhood memories are of those family vacations. :love:

The trip always included at least one day at DL, sometimes more. I have many great memories of those days:

--Watching the Golden Horseshoe Review with Slue Foot Sue, can-can girls, live band, etc. from one of the box seats on the stage
--"flying to the moon" on the rocket ship, with the round screens in the floor and ceiling and thinking that when we did, the big rocket ship on display actually took off. I remember asking my dad if he saw us take off and land and he said he did (I was convinced!)
--trying to cross the suspension bridge on Tom Sawyer's island and being paralyzed with fear in the very middle when it started to sway (I don't know how I finally got off!)
--Going into the cigar/tobacco shop and the lingerie shop on Main Street
--The fireworks when they first introduced Tinker Bell "flying" from the top of the Matterhorn (sliding down the wire)--what a thrill!
--Getting dizzy in the Circlevision theater
--going on the flying saucers (one of my best memories!) with my younger brother and sister. My sister was so small that she didn't have enough weight to direct her saucer. She'd just stay in one spot and spin around in circles while my brother and I bashed her!
--The politically incorrect days when the jungle boat skipper shot the hippos with his gun
--Riding the pack mules through Nature's Wonderland (stinky!)
--Watching the Indian dances in the Indian Village
--Shooting real BBs at the shooting gallery
--getting a pack of Fritos from the Frito Kid at Casa de Fritos--he sent them sliding down a little chute
--riding the Mike Fink Keel Boats
--being old enough for our parents to let us go and do our own thing while they listened to Count Basie play in the Plaza Pavillion

Great memories! :earsgirl:

I remember the stationary ship in the middle of Fantasyland where you could get tuna sandwiches and salads and the kids could play on it. The trip through Inner Space and wondering if you really shrunk when you went up. The GE Carousel of Progress. The Motor Boat cruise. The Big Thunder BBQ. You ordered from chuckwagons and ate on picnic tables outside. The food was really good.

Oh gosh, so many memories. Have been going since I was 3!

A few from childhood, I always would go up to Donald and grab his tail. LOL I know, weird kid. :)

The time Goofy came up to my Dad and patted him on his big tummy. And when my Dad came off of BTMR white as a ghost! My Dad and I on the little boat ride (I miss that ride too). My Dad's been gone 14 years now, so when I go to DL I think of him everywhere.

My Grandma buying me the biggest Goofy doll in the store, and me carrying it on to the monorail. That was the coolest thing when I was 7. My Grandma loved Bear Jamboree. I had such wonderful memories of her there, I would tear up as an adult when we'd see the bear show. Part of why I was so sad when they took it down.

As a teen I went with a group I was a part of (Job's Daughters). It was only a day trip, but it was fun running around just us teens to all the rides. That night the Wolf was following me around the park, it was crazy I'd see him everywhere and he would chase me around! LOL

As an adult, with my husband right after we were married. Even at Disneyland there is romance!

But what can't be beat, in 1999 when we took our son there for the first time. Seeing the magic through his eyes is a whole new magical experience! With so many good memories as a family from 99-06 and more to come!

I have soooooo many good memories and experiences I don't know where to begin. I first went there in Oct. 84 when I was 5.The only memories I have of that trip are standing in line for Dumbo and buying a giant Mickey and Minnie. Since then I've been there 10 times. My most memorable of them all was in April of 1992. We had plans to meet my uncle and his girlfriend there. Back then nobody really had cell phones, so we had planned to meet at a certain time, but he didn't show. That's what we thought anyway. An hour after we were suppose to meet, I begged my parents and sister to go on Splash Mountain again. As soon as we got there I noticed my uncle in line for it and I said "Hey, I see Uncle Rick," and I go running to him. We all rode in the same log and screamed during the drop. I'd have to say that's my most memorable trip there, although every other time was special too. :)

MrsMork said:
September 9, 1967. I met the most incredible soldier on the Small World Ride. We were married less than 4 weeks later. It is still magic and we are returning to DL on Sept 9 to celebrate meeting there 39 years ago. :love: I was 17 at the time and he headed off to VietNam 2 days after our wedding. Folks are still wondering if it will last. :rotfl: :lmao:

Congratulations on 39 years of marriage!! I loved your story! :goodvibes

JenDisneylandlver said:
The time Goofy came up to my Dad and patted him on his big tummy. And when my Dad came off of BTMR white as a ghost! My Dad and I on the little boat ride (I miss that ride too). My Dad's been gone 14 years now, so when I go to DL I think of him everywhere.

What a blessing to have a dad who loved DL. Mine's been gone 10 yrs., and one of my earliest & best childhood memories is of riding the Matterhorn with him when I was 3. It wasn't scary because he was so big, I knew I wouldn't fall out. :)

I have a few....
taking my son for the first time was wonderful.
My grandma's first trip about 8 years ago, she was watching the Hercules parade and she was loving all the greek mythilogical men. She kept on waving to them and blowing kisses. (she was 81 years old) we will be returning for her 90th birthday in 2007.
My first birthday trip to Disneyland, I loved how everyone was telling me Happy Birthday and at the Riverbelle Terrace I was given a free piece of Raspberry Cheesecake which is my favorite dessert.
In February, we were at Indy looking at the wait time and a nice gentleman asked us how many were in our party, we told him and he gave us his fastpasses. His son turned out to be too small to ride. We were so thankful to him.

My aunt and uncle took my sister and I; I kept thinking that I couldn't believe I was at Disneyland! I always dreamed of going there since I was six years old. I remember the submarine ride; haunted mansion; POC; and I remember the people mover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter