• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

experiences at Radisson Resort Pkwy?

kardut

Earning My Ears
In what's becoming a game of musical ressies, I just made reservations at the Radisson Resort Pkwy for $59/night. Earlier in the week, I had made ressies at CBR for $84/night (military salute special) and we are also on the waiting list at Shades of Green. I like SOG for the convenience of being able to walk across the street to the monorail, the peacefulness of the resort and the fact that everything is tax-free... Never stayed at CBR, but have heard that it can be overwhelming and not necessarily worth the $$. Have heard positive things about the RRP, especially since the renovations there, but not sure about staying off-site.... We will have a car but if we stay at RRP will probably rely on shuttle so we don't have to pay for parking -- anyone know how often the shuttle runs to the Disney parks? Is the RRP nicer than CBR? Nicer than SOG? (BTW, we will be going in early Feb, so not sure we'll be able to take advantage of RRP's beautiful pool.) Sorry for rambling, but would welcome any input...
TIA
--karen

In my opnion, staying at the CBR or Shades of Green is worth the extra $25. a nite.

We stayed at CBR this past spring, and it is a beautiful resort. All rooms have been renovated tis year. It is spread out, tho but you can request a room close to the food court and big pool.

You have much better transpo than staying offsite and dealing with the shuttle.

$84 a nite is about as low as you are going to see for a disney moderate.

I have not stayed at the Radisson Parkway. It does get a lot of positive reviews on this board, but for the small price difference, I'd say go with a disney resort.

We were at the Radisson last year and had a good experience.

The Disney shuttle ran several times a day - I can't remember exactly how often, but it started well before the parks opened and ran every hour or two thereafter, to and from the parks. Once a day to and from Universal and Sea World. The shuttle was very reliable but very busy; although it never quite filled up it was close most days. I'd recommend arriving a few minutes early.

The big pool was gorgeous but unheated. Even in 95-degree May weather it was too cold for us. We spent a lot of our time in the much smaller and very popular heated pool.

Due to a rather limited budget, I've never stayed on-site. I think Mary on Mousesavers mentioned that she thought the Radisson Parkway was on par with the Disney Deluxes. The newly renovated rooms are great.

Hope that helps a little...

Brandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter