EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

That's really interesting! The lady at the bank told me I couldn't. She also said the banks weren't closed, but Google is saying they are and nobody is answering the phones. I have no idea what's going on, and our air quality is too poor to to running in and out of stores more than necessary.

I thought about waiting a day and trying other bank branches, but the UPS store told me usually they don't have notary services in the evening. Today she was covering someone else's schedule, so I decided to just pay the $15 to get it done since I was getting really frustrated and wasn't sure when I'd be able to get it done if I waited. It's bizarre.

A lot of banks around here (Reno) won't do notary work on real estate. Beyond annoying. So I've supported UPS notary for years. Our closest store actually seems to always have a notary on duty so it's been fairly convenient.

If you have the Disney Visa - regular or Premier - you get 0% financing for 6 months for DVC (as well as WDW & DL packages, Disney Cruise, Adventures by Disney). You also get 1% back for the regular Disney Visa, or 2% back for the Disney Premier Visa (absolutely worth the $49 annual fee to have the Premier version; you can always downgrade later to the regular version after making your DVC purchase).

The 30/60/90 has to do with spacing out your direct payments. DVC will let you pay in increments over 90 days. Those increments do not need to be even; as an example, I did 10% down, $1000 at 30 days, $1000 at 60 days, and balance at 90 days. If you time it right after your statement cuts, that gives you an extra 30 days before the 6 month period kicks in too (which is what I did). This allows you to spread out payments, and gives you effectively 9-10 months of 0% interest on that final charge.
Just to clarify, are we saying with this arrangement you don’t finance thru Disney at all? Is this new?

last year I bought RIV direct with their financing and didn’t know about this. I financed and then paid off using their Visa CC in two months so I paid a few months of interest. Would have been nice for them to let me know this.

Just to clarify, are we saying with this arrangement you don’t finance thru Disney at all? Is this new?

last year I bought RIV direct with their financing and didn’t know about this. I financed and then paid off using their Visa CC in two months so I paid a few months of interest. Would have been nice for them to let me know this.
I did not finance through Disney. This was paid by “cash” (credit card), but the cash payment was spaced out over 90 days at no extra cost.

DVC did not offer this to me or make me aware; I read about it here and asked for it when it wasn’t offered.

I did not finance through Disney. This was paid by “cash” (credit card), but the cash payment was spaced out over 90 days at no extra cost.

DVC did not offer this to me or make me aware; I read about it here and asked for it when it wasn’t offered.
It doesn’t make much sense that they wouldn’t tell people about this. You may be the reason I get that add on contract!

It doesn’t make much sense that they wouldn’t tell people about this. You may be the reason I get that add on contract!
I agree! I didn’t know about it when I made my first direct purchase and I didn’t want to finance. If they had told me at the time, I would actually have bought 25 more points at BRV than I did!

And do it! The incentives are great right now, and go away today. (Enabling!)

My guide did mention this to us. He told us a lot of people space out say 3 charges over 3 months on their credit card to get their reward points on the purchase. We did this after he mentioned it.

Actually you can I have gotten 6 documents (3 contracts each in 2 places) notarized through the drive through since COVID-19 started.

That is very bank dependent. My bank can't do that because all of the tellers are remote. You have to go inside the building to get anything notarized and right now, that has to be done by appointment.

1) Makes it more confusing
2) DVC or the Rep might get some benefit out of people financing
3) Still a "risk" until you pay in full (what happens if your card is rejected in 90 days?)

I think the big thing though is simply this makes the whole process a little more complicated and when dealing with people possibly already on edge of cancelling a purchase you want to make it as streamlined as possible.

I think the big thing though is simply this makes the whole process a little more complicated and when dealing with people possibly already on edge of cancelling a purchase you want to make it as streamlined as possible.
I think this is it exactly. Many folks who don't research on this board or elsewhere are already confused about what they're buying or how it all works and I don't think the guides would want to add more layers to this.
Also, doesn't Disney Visa send emails about its rewards/perks, which include that you can buy DVC with it? That's how I first learned I could use it for the purchase. Of course that doesn't inform non card holders that they can do this...

Did a virtual tour yesterday with a guide in hopes of stretching the end date of the incentives as has been suggested here. The guide said the deal ends tomorrow, and didn’t mention anything about the tour extending the incentives. Is this something I have to specifically bring up myself?

Did a virtual tour yesterday with a guide in hopes of stretching the end date of the incentives as has been suggested here. The guide said the deal ends tomorrow, and didn’t mention anything about the tour extending the incentives. Is this something I have to specifically bring up myself?
I think you should ask about it. Something like "would you be able to hold the prices/incentives I learned about during the tour while we have more time to think about it?"

They held the Jan incentives for me for two weeks past the end date, actually. But it was an in-person tour

Actually they don't back charge interest. I wondered about this and the folks at Chase told me that the Disney Visa did not do that with the vacation package/DVC purchase promotion

Well, that’s good to know. I was told something different. Its nice to know I had wrong info!!

1) Makes it more confusing
2) DVC or the Rep might get some benefit out of people financing
3) Still a "risk" until you pay in full (what happens if your card is rejected in 90 days?)

But I could see this working in their favor, maybe. They allow cancellation of the contract for 10 days. I can see people that only pay deposit and $1,000 having less regret than someone that shelled out $30K or $40K.

Well, that’s good to know. I was told something different. Its nice to know I had wrong info!!
Well, sorry if I worded my message poorly, I didn't mean to say you were wrong. I just meant to share what I was told by a Chase representative, I would hope that they know, right? I could find out for sure with next month's payment as that's when I have to have paid in full... but no way haha!

I think you should ask about it. Something like "would you be able to hold the prices/incentives I learned about during the tour while we have more time to think about it?"

They held the Jan incentives for me for two weeks past the end date, actually. But it was an in-person tour

I just got off the phone with my guide (about 20 minutes ago) who said our conversation counted as a virtual tour and he can honor the incentives for me until next Wednesday.

So, I don't understand why your guide would say that. Maybe try getting a different guide?
My guide did say he's now my official guide... kind of joked I'm stuck with him how :)

Well, sorry if I worded my message poorly, I didn't mean to say you were wrong. I just meant to share what I was told by a Chase representative, I would hope that they know, right? I could find out for sure with next month's payment as that's when I have to have paid in full... but no way haha!

That is great info so being wrong is a good thing! I am glad they don’t....unfortunately it may make adding more points I don’t need easier to do! Lol

It is exactly that wild and crazy! If your statement just cut, however, you'd actually have 210, 240, 270, and 300 days, as the charge made today at $3200 would have all billing cycle before it gets put on the 6 month plan, so it's payment would be due 4/14/2021 (and so on and so forth).

The 9% was a typo, where I hit 9 instead of 0 for it being 0%, which I corrected above.

You would then also earn 2% back on that $32,000, for $640 Disney Rewards Dollars.

I put all my Direct Purchases and Annual Dues (MFs) on my Disney Premier Card, and then use my Disney Reward Dollars towards our APs each year.
I’m curious if you’ve done this and extended the interest free offer by charging at the beginning of a CC cycle? Because we have used the 6 months 0% on Disney vacation packages on our Disney Visa before, and the date that the 0% expired was 6 months from the date of the charge, not the end of the billing cycle at the 6 month mark. It was specified on my statement that the offer ran out x/x/xx date.

I’m curious if you’ve done this and extended the interest free offer by charging at the beginning of a CC cycle? Because we have used the 6 months 0% on Disney vacation packages on our Disney Visa before, and the date that the 0% expired was 6 months from the date of the charge, not the end of the billing cycle at the 6 month mark. It was specified on my statement that the offer ran out x/x/xx date.
Yes, just recently. My statements cut on the 19th of each month. I had a charge made for my CCV FWs on 6/24, right at the beginning of my billing cycle. My statement cut on 7/19. The expiration date of the 6-month financing is showing on my statement as 1/19/2021, which is 6 months after when my statement cut. 6 months from when the charge came through is 12/24/2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter