EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

Welp, got the ball rolling on 200 CCV direct. Something that we almost did before buying 50 pts at PVB for direct benefits back then and again before getting our VGF on the resale market. Splt into 2 100 point contracts, first deposit running the cc in the morning as that's when our billing cycle starts *10% + closing, then half at the beginning of the next cycle, then the other half at the beginning of the next one.

Welp, got the ball rolling on 200 CCV direct. Something that we almost did before buying 50 pts at PVB for direct benefits back then and again before getting our VGF on the resale market. Splt into 2 100 point contracts, first deposit running the cc in the morning as that's when our billing cycle starts *10% + closing, then half at the beginning of the next cycle, then the other half at the beginning of the next one.
I keep thinking about 100 CCV direct add on. I shouldn't do it though.

So what contract would tempt you to push over to 1,000? Do you have an alert set for a certain property and use year on the app just biding your time? :-) You're living the dream already with 775!

I would love to add either BLT or VGF. Just closed on BLT. I have 500 SSR that are sleep around and 175 at RIV for Food and Wine time!

Of course, I am also thinking that maybe doing more direct so I can use with the RIV, and if I do that, I’ll just get SSR since it would give me enough to get larger units so I should be okay at 7 months for when we have family trips!

aaaaaaaaand, we're done! was that good for you? 😉

special thanks to @CastAStone for setting-up this thread and the numerous folks who made it informative and fun!
View attachment 526362

and now a moment of silence for our dearly departed dollars ...

😔

... not everyone's bank account came away unscathed during this trying time but we can only hope that each dollar (or thousands thereof) has moved on from this mortal coil to a place plentiful with pixie dust; may they live on in our memories for an eternity (or 22 to 50 years) as DVC points bringing us all the gift of annual dues commitments and vacations

the dollars were preceded by the direct booking dollars (before we saw the light) and existing contract dollars (for some); survived by some of the dollars we haven't yet made (that aren't used for the DVC loan) and hopefully a few remaining retirement dollars; the dollars' sacrifice will not be forgotten as we sit anxiously at 7:59am EST in early Nov during the beginning of prime 11-month booking window; this is the way

everyone will grieve differently but I wanted to share this brief poem I wrote in honor of all the dollars lost, I hope it brings some of the wounded wallets comfort ...

there once were these dollars he had​
until the nice rep said, hey lad
if you buy points from me
the vacations are free!
wonderful! he said, you take cahd?*

*card in a Boston accent to make the rhyme work

see everyone in the next incentives thread ...
They were good incentives! I was looking back at some incentives from when VGF was on sale and they maxed out at like $11/point plus $1000 - and VGF was excluded! You could only get the incentive on AKV and Aulani!

Looks like the discount for RIV is similar right now for the new incentives but no incentives for AUL and CCV anymore according to the add on tool

Did they already put out a new discount?

The offer page hasn't been updated yet, but the add-on tool just says "Save $2,700 or more," so that jives with the incentives being reduced. They were up to $3,750 - thats' what the offer page still says (but expired yesterday).

The offer page hasn't been updated yet, but the add-on tool just says "Save $2,700 or more," so that jives with the incentives being reduced. They were up to $3,750 - thats' what the offer page still says (but expired yesterday).
In the “add-on” tool, it actually says offer is good until Nov 4.

Does it give any info on the breakdown on what the new prices are by point?

The link seems to go to the old incentives currently so it looks like they are just getting things set up to switch over at some point today.

I've started a Fall incentives thread - follow along here!
Creating a discussion thread for the Fall Sales incentives, since we had so much fun with the last one! I will update this post as we learn more!

ResortNumber of PointsExisting Member IncentivesExisting Member PriceNew Member IncentivesNew Member Price
Riviera
($195)
100-124
125-149
150-?
200-299
300-499
500-999
1000+
?
?
$18
?
?
?
?
?
?
$177
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
$18
?
?
?
?
?
?
$177
?
?
?

I'm just wondering if anything "new" would ever be tried. Let's say: If you own ____ # of points at your home resort, you qualify for an "add on" discounted for $$ per point just to try another resort! LOL. Coupon Cutting at Disney. Just a funny for a never expected incentive.

Realistically, don't the incentives follow a prescribed format such as this many points gets you this discount at this resort regardless of the amount?

Realistically, don't the incentives follow a prescribed format such as this many points gets you this discount at this resort regardless of the amount?

Not always, I have seen lots of different things done and at different levels. There have been offers to get a free cruise, developer points, and $$$ off.

I think they do whatever they think will be new and exciting.

Is that 110% ?
(10% + Half + Other Half) :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter