Extra Day in Venice?

mwebsite

Mouseketeer
Has anyone added an extra day in Venice after Viva Italia? Thought it might be a nice day to spend relaxing at a beach near Venice. Is there a beach we could get to easily?

Has anyone added an extra day in Venice after Viva Italia? Thought it might be a nice day to spend relaxing at a beach near Venice. Is there a beach we could get to easily?

We have added an extra night onto the end of the tour at the Dei Dogi Hotel (€€€€) in Venice via ABD.
Our trip isn't until Sept though so I can't help you about the beaches.
We booked the same hotel that we are using on the tour through ABD so that we could get the transfer to the train station the next morning. From Venice we are taking a high speed train to Zurich Switzerland. I'm imagining the Matterhorn at DL in California :goodvibes

We were just in Venice, but no one in our group had any interest in spending time at a beach there, so I can't help with that. But... There are vaporettos and (expensive) water taxis that ply the lagoon that can take you where you want to go.

We have added an extra night onto the end of the tour at the Dei Dogi Hotel (€€€€) in Venice via ABD.
We booked the same hotel that we are using on the tour through ABD so that we could get the transfer to the train station the next morning. From Venice we are taking a high speed train to Zurich Switzerland. I'm imagining the Matterhorn at DL in California :goodvibes

When in September is your trip? We are doing the Viva Italia trip beginning Sept. 11 going until the 19th. We booked an extra night at the hotel in Rome .

When in September is your trip? We are doing the Viva Italia trip beginning Sept. 11 going until the 19th. We booked an extra night at the hotel in Rome .

Hey grumpy-1, we'll be on the same tour! We leave from Atlanta on the evening of 9/9, 2 months from today :woohoo: , and get into Rome about 11:30 am 9/10!

My DH is Grumpy (in our house, not on DIS) so I'm glad you differentiated with a -1 behind your name. ;)

Last I heard our tour was booked to capacity. Should be fun!

Ciao!

Hey grumpy-1, we'll be on the same tour! We leave from Atlanta on the evening of 9/9, 2 months from today :woohoo: , and get into Rome about 11:30 am 9/10!

My DH is Grumpy (in our house, not on DIS) so I'm glad you differentiated with a -1 behind your name. ;)

Last I heard our tour was booked to capacity. Should be fun!

Ciao!

Well, Hello !...It looks like you booked an extra night in Rome too. We will be leaving Philly on the evening of the 9th and are due to arrive in Rome about an hour after you, at 12;25

My wife and I have been looking forward to this for a long time. We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary. We are counting the days.

We are pleased to meet you here in advance of the trip.

Fred Conley

Hi there,

I am sure you will enjoy Venice. I have taken school trips there three times (and my wife once - surely something wrong there). It always makes a huge impression.

We usually stay at a resort called Lido De Jesolo about 40 minutes from Venice. It is a purpose built resort with miles and miles and miles of gently sloping sand and a gently shelved beach with the warm water of the Adriatic.

As we normally have a bus on hand, transport is not such an issue for us.

The resort has hundreds of hotels (at various prices), most within easy reach of their own private section of the beach. I think the prices are far easier on the wallet than the hotels in Venice.

That being said, Venice is wonderful at night when all of the day trippers go away. The city is transformed and seems to breathe normally again, just like we do when we wave guests off at the end of the night. :)

John

Thanks for the Venice beach info. Glad to hear the Adriatic Sea is warm. We will probably be there in early June, hopefully it will be nice at that time.

How long will it take you to get to Switzerland via the train?

How long will it take you to get to Switzerland via the train?

According to the Cisalpino train schedule it should take 6 hours with maybe 6 stops along the way. We looked at Swiss Airline flights but it was over $600 per person. Besides the train will be a nice change and maybe we'll see Heidi along the way. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter