Extra hours question

Pooh2

Dis Veteran
Been out of the loop for awhile, staying at AKL for a few nights at the end of April.
Are the extra hours after park close for each park or are only a few parks open after hours for extra hours?
AK shows a 6pm closure the night we are there, would it be open until 8 for deluxe resort guests?

Been out of the loop for awhile, staying at AKL for a few nights at the end of April.
Are the extra hours after park close for each park or are only a few parks open after hours for extra hours?
AK shows a 6pm closure the night we are there, would it be open until 8 for deluxe resort guests?
It will be posted on the Park Hours information which parks are open for which hours. It is not every park, every day.

Like today ~ Only Magic Kingdom has extended hours.

Will look like this ...

Magic Kingdom​

Early Entry8:30 AM to 9:00 AM
Park Hours9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Park Hopper Availability9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Extended Evening Hours10:00 PM to 12:00 AM

I have been looking at this as we're staying at Poly for part of our next trip and on checking park hours regularly for a while now, I've only seen it at MK (Wednesdays) and Epcot (Mondays), never HS or AK.

Historically it's only been MK and EPCOT, and only once a week. I think they mixed in another park at once point during the party season, I don't remember which one it was.

Historically it's only been MK and EPCOT, and only once a week. I think they mixed in another park at once point during the party season, I don't remember which one it was.
I believe they did animal kingdom this past holiday season and they might’ve done HS some during spring break season last year.

Typically EP is Monday, MK is Wed.

Fall is very unpredictable. They really could do anything. EP on Mon is the only thing in ‘probable’ category, enough so you could rely on it but not 100% guaranteed. The rest is unreliable though likely you get something on Wed OR Thurs.

In December they did a few weeks of EPCOT ONLY on Mondays and Thursdays. Prior to that Wed’s at MK were replaced by a scattering of AK on Weds and before that HS on Thurs, with iirc a few Epcot only weeks popping up between too.

Always check leading up to your trip. Be prepared the park could change and/or the weekday could change.

Usually it’s 2 EEHs per week.

Can anyone chime in on whether attending EMH is worth it? The last time we did (a very long time ago) the park was very crowded during that time. Do EMH still draw tons of people in for the evening hours? Our trip is May 5th - 10th. So I am trying to decide if MK will be a good or bad idea on Wednesday for EMH.

Can anyone chime in on whether attending EMH is worth it? The last time we did (a very long time ago) the park was very crowded during that time. Do EMH still draw tons of people in for the evening hours? Our trip is May 5th - 10th. So I am trying to decide if MK will be a good or bad idea on Wednesday for EMH.
The first hour is busier because they are still cycling day guests through the lines of the more popular attractions. Is it worth paying for a deluxe resort over a value for 2 extra hours on one night? Probably not. If you are already staying deluxe and are planning to be in that park or have hoppers, you are not losing anything by going. The MK EMH was better than EC in my experience, more attractions. Your dates in May are not during a terribly high crowd times, again, if you are staying deluxe and have hoppers or will be at the MK anyway - might as well go! Wait times do definitely decrease.

As mentioned above, but I think it is worth repeating - evening EMH is now only for deluxe resort guests, so it seems less crowded than before when they let in every resort guest. I thought it was worth it enough that I usually schedule my on-site stay to be during the Mon-Wed part of the week. Swan and Dolphin Resorts are included, which is where I often stay.

We found MK extra hours to be very worth it and not at Epcot. Our group split up, half to Test Track and half to Frozen and both had 45 minute waits. We gave up and left after that. At MK we were stuck on the people mover at park close and still managed to ride SDMT twice and Big Thunder 6 times before leaving and we didn’t stay the full time.

Thanks! We are staying deluxe with park hopper. I think I will plan on that for Wednesday night. :cool1:

We did EMH in AK and it cleared out pretty quickly. Same for Epcot - by the time the fireworks were over, most people left and it was pretty dead. The only downside is that restaurants and shops largely close and only the attractions were open. Having said that, we finally got on the Frozen ride with about a 20 minute wait and even shorter wait for Ratatouille.

I understand that everyone does Disney differently, but I'm really looking forward to EEH for my upcoming trip because even if there are some crowds I cannot wait to find some quieter areas to take pictures with my DW or just have a few quiet(er) moments together with less folks around.

My family is staying at YC so being so close to EP when the late night is done is a plus too.

I understand that everyone does Disney differently, but I'm really looking forward to EEH for my upcoming trip because even if there are some crowds I cannot wait to find some quieter areas to take pictures with my DW or just have a few quiet(er) moments together with less folks around.

My family is staying at YC so being so close to EP when the late night is done is a plus too.
Definitely some good photo ops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter