"Extra" suitcase, filled with supplies....

J&Bsmom

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am seeking some advice from more experienced travelers! :) I'm in the process of planning a trip during free dining in September. I was thinking about taking a small suitcase in addition to our clothes, just to have to pack with souvineers, etc. Then I got to thinking about having bottled water delivered to the room. I put those two thoughts together, and thought, what about just packing the water and a couple other things in the "extra" suitcase?

Do you think I would have any trouble with it being liquid and all? I plan to check that bag, not carry on. Will they allow that to go through at the airport? Any thoughts appreciated! :)

Hi! I am seeking some advice from more experienced travelers! :) I'm in the process of planning a trip during free dining in September. I was thinking about taking a small suitcase in addition to our clothes, just to have to pack with souvineers, etc. Then I got to thinking about having bottled water delivered to the room. I put those two thoughts together, and thought, what about just packing the water and a couple other things in the "extra" suitcase?

Do you think I would have any trouble with it being liquid and all? I plan to check that bag, not carry on. Will they allow that to go through at the airport? Any thoughts appreciated! :)

You should not have any problem with the bottled water as long as it's in your checked in luggage. I packed 2 6 packs of water in each one of my checked suitcases and February and did not run into any problems!

That's what I'm doing too. Just 2 6 packs and all the treats...as I have no idea where to find grocery stores and the stuff I have here is so much cheaper than buying there. Then there is no wasted time trying to get in and out of a grocery store that you have no idea where things are and you have it as "comfort" from home.

The only thing I would caution you on is monitoring the weight of your luggage. Water is heavy and they will charge you if your luggage is beyond the weight limit.:scared:

Also, here's another suggestion...we brought a water filter pitcher with us:thumbsup2 . It packed well and then we had unlimited filtered water for our trip. We used it to drink water in the room and to refill our water bottles. Have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

The only thing I would caution you on is monitoring the weight of your luggage. Water is heavy and they will charge you if your luggage is beyond the weight limit.:scared:

Also, here's another suggestion...we brought a water filter pitcher with us:thumbsup2 . It packed well and then we had unlimited filtered water for our trip. We used it to drink water in the room and to refill our water bottles. Have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

Thanks! That's another awesome idea! I LOVE this board! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter