"Extras" at Hilton Head - How much $$$

Love That Mouse

Mouseketeer
I've been searching for this information and can't seem to find it anywhere.

DW and I are planning a June trip to Hilton Head with DS (12) and DS (2). I know they have activities for the family and for my DS, but how much $$$ are these activities? Biking? Excursions? Boating? Kids Activities?

Thanks in advance for the information!

Whe we went last June for the first time and we did many of the kids activites (Mickey Tie-Dye, shark tooth necklace) and I think they cost between $10-$15 pp. I think they have a few free ones too. We also did the dolphin cruise through the resort and got a DVC discount on member day (which I think was Monday and Wednesday when we were there) and I think it was $40-$45 pp. We had a lot of fun with every activity we did. I thought the cast members there were excellent. Can't wait to go back 6/26/11 - 7/3/11 :cool1:

I am here now. Prices vary. Free activities include things like goofy bingo and the unbirthday party, that kind of basic activity. Arts and crafts type things run $10-$15ish. Things like tie dye shirts or little vacation pillows. Basic tours seem to start around $30+ per person. You can always call and have them fax you an activities sheet which will give you an idea of what kinds of things they do and the costs right now.

I am curious too I have a 2br booked at HHI for the week before memorial day. Do you know how much it costs to rent bicycles for the week or day?? and if you do do they have 3 wheelers?

We checked out of HHI on 10/13/10. He's a photo of the rental board. Hopefully you can read the prices.

DSCN4349.jpg

WOW, that seems cheap, 30$ for length of stay?? I wonder if that is an off season price? Or if that would be good for May also :confused3 We rented a bike for the week in LBI NJ and it was 95.00 for the week:eek:

WOW, that seems cheap, 30$ for length of stay?? I wonder if that is an off season price? Or if that would be good for May also :confused3 We rented a bike for the week in LBI NJ and it was 95.00 for the week:eek:

It used to be $25 for length of stay with a family plan after the first two bikes, so the price has gone up. Nice to know it is still reasonable.

$30 is not bad at all. I've been to HHI several times, though not to the DVC resort; we rented a house. Each time, we used a local vendor who delivered the bike to the house and the cost was $30 for the week. The low cost could be market driven.

Can you rent the bikes and trips in advance - or do you have to wait until you get there? Just thinking that during the busy season they may "rent" out rather quickly.

Can you rent the bikes and trips in advance - or do you have to wait until you get there? Just thinking that during the busy season they may "rent" out rather quickly.

The bikes do rent out quickly during busy times and several times we've had to wait a day to get a bike or call the Palmetto Barn(may not be the exact name of bike rental company!) to get some delivered - similar price. You cannot rent them in advance or book activities before arrival. Bikes are fun to have at the resort - kids can ride the inside paths where there is no traffic and there are bike trails along the highway as well as to the beach. There is an underpass to get under 278 (the highway) as crossing 278 is not at all safe for anyone.

Do they still rent the "tug-a-longs"? DD5 hasn't mastered the 2-wheeler yet and her endurance isn't that great. We are bringing our own bikes so she'll have her training-wheeler to toodle around the resort area, but she'll need something else if we plan to do any longer trips. I am not even sure she could make it all the way to the beach on her own.

Do they still rent the "tug-a-longs"? DD5 hasn't mastered the 2-wheeler yet and her endurance isn't that great. We are bringing our own bikes so she'll have her training-wheeler to toodle around the resort area, but she'll need something else if we plan to do any longer trips. I am not even sure she could make it all the way to the beach on her own.

Yes, we saw a few of the "tug-a-long" bikes when we visited HHI in mid-October. If necessary, you could call HHI directly and check with one of the CMs. Have fun!

The resort doesn't have the three wheelers but a few local companies do. If I remember right the weekly price for the three wheeler was around $40 and they do deliver to the resort. :) The great thing about the three wheelers is the huge basket between the back two wheels.

The resort doesn't have the three wheelers but a few local companies do. If I remember right the weekly price for the three wheeler was around $40 and they do deliver to the resort. :) The great thing about the three wheelers is the huge basket between the back two wheels.

Really we saw bikes with a child's bike attached to the back (a three wheeler) in the bikes for rent at HHI. I looked at the bikes that were available after I took the photo I posted earlier. I was wondering how much those bikes rented for since it wasn't on the sign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter