Eyeglasses and waterparks?

LisaNJ25

DIS Veteran<br><font color=aqua>I paid $300 back i
What do you do with your glasses while at the water parks? Do they make you take them off on certain rides?

I know I am going to get contacts before my next trip but I am not sure what to do about my 9 1/2 yo son.Do they made any kind of eyeglass holder on a string? ,maybe a waterproof one?

I can still remember when I was about 11 and I went to a water park, I tucked my glasses in the neck of my shirt (I had 2 on) and went in the wave pool. Well when I cam out the arms of the glasses were still there but not the lenses and frames:mad: :mad: .

I was also just thinking about having my husband take him through certain rides and I will just hold on to them.

Lisa

All my daughters have glasses. Oldest just got contacts, so that solved that issue. One doesn't need them all the time, so she leaves them at the hotel. The 3rd is just about blind w/out them but we don't let her take them on the attractions for fear of losing them. They either go in a locker or in their case in the beach bag.

My husband has poor eyesight and really needs to wear his glasses all the time. At the water parks he uses Croakies which can be adjusted so the glasses don't fall off. I think we found them at a local sporting goods store.

Where do get Croakies? At the water parks, sporting goods store or optician? I've never heard of them.

I always wear my glasses to the water parks. I can't see a thing without them so need to have them on at all times. I found the greatest glasses holder at a sunglass outlet store. It goes around your neck and slides on to each of the earpieces to hold them on. You can then tighten the whole thing so that your glasses are pretty much "clamped" to your head. The neatest thing about them is that they float in the water so if your glasses do happen to fall off, they will just float and you can pick them right up. I've never had them come close to falling off though. I also wear these things on Space Mountain, Rock n Roller Coaster, Big Thunder and Splash Mountain just in case my glasses would start to slide off while I'm on the ride. The label on them says Smackers. I think they cost somewhere between $5.00 and $8.00. I've worn them for three different years at the parks and never had a problem. I would check at a sunglass store in your area if you have one. Hope this helps!!;)

I LOVED the Croakies for "dry" rides like Space Mountain as I was able to see details I never could when I took my glasses off (I am blind as a bat if not blinder!). But did not enjoy Croakies at the water parks as my glasses got all splashed and I couldn't see anything anyways. At Blizzard Beach I got a great plastic glasses case that was padded inside that I put my glasses, our key cards and a couple DD in. It was a tight fit but it worked. Then I hung it on a cord around my neck and away we went. It worked like a charm and we had everything we needed if we decided to stop and get a snow cone on the way back to our spot.

Jennifer

croakies are a really good brand of strap that holds your glasses either around your head snugly or around your neck...depending on how you adjust them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter