Fall 2021

I think Disney has to get through the next immediate issues before even considering that one. They need to see if what's happening is a recession, the start of a depression, or if things will be able to bounce back relatively quickly once a vaccine hits market. Either way, 50th anniversary bookings IMO are a ways off.

I think Disney has to get through the next immediate issues before even considering that one. They need to see if what's happening is a recession, the start of a depression, or if things will be able to bounce back relatively quickly once a vaccine hits market. Either way, 50th anniversary bookings IMO are a ways off.

I'm booked for September already. I booked back in May. No tickets, but resort reservations. Last I knew you could book 399 days out or something like that. Has that changed?

Okay, so it's nearly exactly one year until the 50th! I'm looking to book an October 2021 trip- has anyone in the know heard ANYTHING about when reservations may open????

I wouldn’t be surprised if they held off until late this year or early next to open those dates. There is still a lot of unknowns about what that time period will look like.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they held off until late this year or early next to open those dates. There is still a lot of unknowns about what that time period will look like.
WWWWAAAAAAAHHHHH! Afraid you may be right...dang!!

We’ll be booking our DVC trip for next November at the 11 month window, but I don’t know about non-DVC. Hope everyone can book really soon!
I also want to book a big family trip for November 2021, but we want to rent DVC points to do a split stay at BLT/AKV (at the 11 month window). Do you think we'll have a chance? Do you expect it all to be booked?

I also want to book a big family trip for November 2021, but we want to rent DVC points to do a split stay at BLT/AKV (at the 11 month window). Do you think we'll have a chance? Do you expect it all to be booked?

I think you should be totally fine for AKV. For BLT it might be a little tighter, but I wouldn’t be too concerned about it, assuming your party isn’t unusually big. I just looked at the latest date I can book on the DVC website (mid-August) and every room type at both resorts was available.

Count me in on the waiting too. Hoping to do a split stay in October.

I'm booked for September already. I booked back in May. No tickets, but resort reservations. Last I knew you could book 399 days out or something like that. Has that changed?

There was a few weeks window where fall 2021 (or more specifically Oct 1st for the 50th) was open for booking room only as was 499 days out - but then they stopped taking any bookings and wen they reopened them for 2021 it only went through Sept 26th.

Fortunately I was able to get in during that window so have something for the 50th but who the heck knows what details are going to be for it

I read somewhere (don't ask where--I don't remember) that the delay might have to do with current hotel offerings and unknowns regarding how much more they'll be able to open up. Unless they're able to open more hotels, many would be booking DVC through Disney since that's what's open, but DVC members need to be able to book theirs first, so they are holding off until at least the 11 month out mark...at least.

The other problem, and much more likely to be the main reason for the hold up in my opinion, is what to do with the 50th when they've lost so much revenue. The parks will need to cut plans, but what should they cut? Can they make a profit off of their big anniversary? And what sort of events can they safely hold?

Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed we hear something soon. I had hoped we might have news October 1, but that's come and gone with nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter