Family of 6, on-site or off site

Laur4mom

Earning My Ears
Hello
We are a family of 6 (2 Adults, kids 12,10,8 and4). We are looking for a hotel off- site that has excellent free shuttle service to Disney. We will be going to the parks for 4-days and swim at the resort for 4 days.My husband doesn't want to rent a car. I was wondering if its better to stay on or off site. Money is an issue so I don't think we will be able to stay on site.Thanks for all your help! Laur4mom

I'm sure some Disney experts will come along soon and give you more advice, but here's the info on where we are staying, although we will have a car - I know they do have shuttle service.

We booked thru www.hotelkingdom.com, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2 BR Villa, with King bed/whirlpool tub in master room w/private bath, 2nd bedroom has 2 full beds w/tv and another bathroom, fully equipped kitchen w/fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, range and washer and dryer, fully enclosed patio off the master bedroom and living aread. Living room has a full entertainment center w/vcr, stereo, CD and queen sofa pullout for $129.90 per night! This is located on the south end of Int'l Drive, about 10 minutes from the gates.

You'd could probably afford a rental with the money you'll save by being able to cook any meals at your villa. The prices are higher on site and all you get really are the beds and a bathroom - no more early entry as a perk for onsite stay. Heated outside pools with waterfall, playground and beautiful landscaping. If you go to the site mentioned above, you can click on it for details.

There is another Sheraton Vistana Resort that is on the north end and a bit closer to the parks - I not familiar with it though.

Hope this helps a bit, there are tons more threads to read through about different locations offsite - when are you going?

Lori

Vistana Villages does have a shuttle, but it only runs about twice in the morning, and about three times in the evening at closing. No afternoon runs at all. I called the resort last nigt to ask, as I was thinking of switching from HIFS to VV b/c we will have seven going in Oct, but even though we will have a car, we still want afternoon shuttles in case some of us want to leave without the others. Therefore, we are staying at the HIFS, even though I have heard they are pretty small. (We don't plan on doing a lot of staying in the room during our 4 day/5 night stay at WDW.)

I have said this before we are also a family of 6, I bid on www.priceline.com and bid for 2 rooms and got the HILTON at downtown disney for 55 Each. Still a great deal and transportation regularly. If interested go to www.biddingfortravel.com and get more information. This was my first time to bid on priceline and I went there first for info. Good Luck!

DoubleTree Guest Suites is in Downtown Disney. The shuttle buses are very good. They run all day long. We used the shuttles when we stayed at the Royal Plaza last year. DoubleTree has both 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom suites. The 1-bedroom suites sleep 6. You are very close to the parks (actually on disney owned property).

We have a party of 6 (3 adults/3 teens) and will be staying at the Residence Inn, LBV in June.
We got a 2 bed room 2 bath suite sleeps 7 through Quickbook.com for $105/night. This include
a full breakfast buffet. The suites have a fully equiped kitchen.

disclaimers:
Have not stayed here before, but it is new and favorably reviewed by several
Have not used quickbook before, but I confirmed my reservation and rate with
the hotel directly and all seems to be in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter