Family of 6 Options

Disney Princess

Member Since Day 1
We are a family of 5 right now, but we hope to have another child. We know we can fit in one stateroom now, but if we have the fourth kid, we won't fit any longer. Do we have any options other than two staterooms? A suite? Which is more economical? If we do two staterooms, do we put one adult in each one with two kids? If we have connecting staterooms, can we put the kids in one and us in the other?

We got married on the Wonder 11 years ago, but we haven't even looked at DCL since. We are totally lost when it comes to everything. Thanks in advance.

I suggest 2 connecting rooms. For booking purposes you will need to book an adult in each room; however, once on board, you can put the adults in one room and the kids in the other room, if you like.

MUN

We are a family of 5 right now, but we hope to have another child. We know we can fit in one stateroom now, but if we have the fourth kid, we won't fit any longer. Do we have any options other than two staterooms? A suite? Which is more economical? If we do two staterooms, do we put one adult in each one with two kids? If we have connecting staterooms, can we put the kids in one and us in the other?

We got married on the Wonder 11 years ago, but we haven't even looked at DCL since. We are totally lost when it comes to everything. Thanks in advance.

You have the term for what you need correct - connecting - and that's half the battle. I'd say consider adjoining cabins with an inside across from an outside, but 6 kids in 12 or so years and no...too little for that.

Do be aware that the youngest must be 6 months or older in order to cruise (12 months on some itineraries).

I suggest 2 connecting rooms. For booking purposes you will need to book an adult in each room; however, once on board, you can put the adults in one room and the kids in the other room, if you like.

MUN
. Thanks!

You have the term for what you need correct - connecting - and that's half the battle. I'd say consider adjoining cabins with an inside across from an outside, but 6 kids in 12 or so years and no...too little for that.

Do be aware that the youngest must be 6 months or older in order to cruise (12 months on some itineraries).
Hadn't thought about across from each other. That's a thought, especially if we wait a few years. And just to clarify, 4 kids, 6 people total.

I believe the Royal and the 2 bedroom concierge rooms on the classic ships only (Wonder and Magic) sleep 7. But it might be cheaper to get 2 connecting rooms.

I believe the Royal and the 2 bedroom concierge rooms on the classic ships only (Wonder and Magic) sleep 7. But it might be cheaper to get 2 connecting rooms.

This is correct. There are no staterooms on the Dream class ships that will hold a family of six. I agree that it's almost assuredly going to be less expensive to get two staterooms than it would be to book concierge.

We have always had two connecting staterooms. This works out well so you can go between the rooms easily. We have had a veranda. With the connecting rooms, they will open the wall between giving you a larger veranda.

You would need to book one adult per room. If they are connecting rooms, it would be easier to move where people sleep. The room you are assigned to is the only room you could open. On our cruise 4 years ago, my room opened one room, but I was sleeping in the other. The connecting room made it easy to go between the space, and opened up the space! I highly recommend

we also had 6, so got connecting rooms, but you will need to have one adult per room, if you are planning on getting the photo package, since you will have kids in both rooms, you will only need to pruchase one photo pack.

Disney has totally dropped the ball for bigger families for both the land and the sea.....I have a family of 6 and we will be taking our first Disney cruise next year on the Dream. I want to be in the concierge level and the least expensive option for me are two Cat V rooms (sleep 5 I think) that are next to one another (they do not connect). These types of rooms only connect with concierge 1 bedroom suites which would have cost me $4K more to have a 1 bed suite connect to a Cat V(I am paying $13,500 for two Cat V rooms... do the math 17,500 for 4 night you have got to be kidding me....can't believe what I am paying anyway....enough rant I love Disney anyway). However, concierge for me is a must AND my 4 kids are older...ages 15 to 8 when we cruise so they can totally stay next to us comfortably without being "connected". Since your kiddos are little....If you can swing it I would do a concierge 1 bed connected to a Cat V....or do the Family veranda connecting rooms while they are young. So frustrating. When we stay at WDW thank goodness we are never in the room and our kids love the AOA...The suites there actually are reasonably priced and fit our family unlike other options on the grounds. Good Luck!

We are a family of 6 and was in your boat 3 years ago when we had a family verandah for 5. Adding that 1 person almost doubled our cruise. But we got two ocean view rooms next to each other as there were no more cennecting. We will likely have our boys in one and us in the other but right now I have my husband in one with two kids and me and two kinds in a other. Our cruise next year to Europe we have a verandah and then an inside directly across.

Good luck on number 4

The room you are assigned to is the only room you could open.
On the Fantasy in March, guest services could program our keys to open both of our stateroom doors. I assume this was a newer option, but it was one we really appreciated. For future cruisers, I'd recommend asking about it once you get on board.

I want to be in the concierge level and the least expensive option for me are two Cat V rooms (sleep 5 I think) that are next to one another (they do not connect).
This was frustrating to us as well, but we found that opening the verandas between the rooms worked well for moving between cabins. DD was only 3 at the time and went to bed early so spending time on the verandah after she went to sleep was certainly not a hardship.

Our cruise next year to Europe we have a verandah and then an inside directly across.

If you are planning to spend time in Europe before or after the cruise, be aware that it is difficult to find rooms that will fit even 4 people in many hotels, so allow plenty of time to find options for 5 or 6. We have just 2 kids, but they won't share a bed, and there were just a few hotels in Barcelona, Copenhagen, and London that had 3 beds for us. We ended up with a double bed for my husband and me and twins or rollaways for the kids. There are options, but it will require work to find them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter