Family of 7 Goes to DLR 2/4-2/10/18 *update 9/9* - “Final Thoughts”

What a good idea to do half a park. I always WANT to do that, but then the kids end up dragging me over to the other side and there goes the plan!
My kids are still pretty young so just go with the flow. And the older ones know what my plan is and trust that it will all be awesome if they stick to my plan. I'm sure as they get older, they'll start having their own opinions and our plans will have to get looser. But I also include them in the planning a lot so they feel it is their plan, too. It really helps when you have plenty of days in the parks so you don't have to feel like you have to do everything in one day.

Augh, I'm so late to this party already. :) I'm going to have to take notes as I read so I remember what I want to respond to!

I like Brad Wilcox, but don't think I've heard that one. I've bookmarked it! I am so impressed at how well your kids did with the drive, especially the little guy!
Your hotel room looks awesome! I am interested in checking it out next time.

The back of the door organizer: Brilliant. I need to get one of those for our next big family trip. We are not planning another family trip to Disney for a while, but just reading this is making me feel itchy again, haha! I need to take some tips from you on making it less crazy...

You sound like me. I have finally learned to take half a benadryl the night before a first Disney day, or I can't sleep...

I love the shirts. YOu probably talked about them before, but my time is a little short, and I want to read about your trip!! I'll have to look back through...

I'm impressed at your restraint at not getting your fastpasses right away and running onto the headliners. I need to learn to relax... I have never been on POTC first thing in the day, ever! :)

Love that picture of Moana with your kids. So cute!

Yikes! My heart dropped for you with the camera trouble. That would stress me out WAY too much! We don't go often (hello $$$) so the pictures and videos are priceless to me!

I'm glad I didn't get too far behind. I will try to follow along better now!

I love how super organized and creative you are! I definitely was not as creative as you raising our five kids! What a beautiful family you all are :)
I almost had a panic attack when both of you lost your photos - crossing my fingers that you were able to retrieve your pics pixiedust:

Augh, I'm so late to this party already. :) I'm going to have to take notes as I read so I remember what I want to respond to!
Yay! I'm glad you're here!

I am so impressed at how well your kids did with the drive, especially the little guy!
Yes, his laid back personality had caused him to be behind developmentally, but there are definitely some benefits, too! It is really nice to have a kid who is content to sit back and relax. I think we kind of needed that with so much craziness in our family.

Your hotel room looks awesome! I am interested in checking it out next time.
We really liked it! The rooms were a great layout for us. At times, I felt a bit cramped because we've been spoiled by staying at my in laws' time share resorts for other non-Disney trips. But we weren't in the room enough to get annoyed by lack of space. The only thing that would have made it a lot better was if there were a sink outside of the bathroom.

The back of the door organizer: Brilliant.
It was less than $5 at Walmart and really helped keep our toiletries from being all over the place.

You sound like me. I have finally learned to take half a benadryl the night before a first Disney day, or I can't sleep...
That is a great idea!

I love the shirts. YOu probably talked about them before, but my time is a little short, and I want to read about your trip!! I'll have to look back through...
Thank you! I did talk about them a little in my Pre-Trip Preparations post. I had wanted to post all of that before we left, but ran out of time.

I'm impressed at your restraint at not getting your fastpasses right away and running onto the headliners.
I just had a really clear idea of what I wanted this trip to be as I was planning it. I wanted to slow down and notice the details and appreciate my kids, as well as the parks. And I don't think I completely succeeded the whole trip, but when do we ever? My plan wasn't the most efficient way of doing things, but it was what my family wanted, so it was perfect for us.

Yikes! My heart dropped for you with the camera trouble. That would stress me out WAY too much! We don't go often (hello $$$) so the pictures and videos are priceless to me!
Yes, it was scary! I had started to think of my options. J had brought a cheap point and shoot, and I could either trust him to get all the photos for the trip (eek!) or more likely, commondeer the camera and use it myself. Or we could have ordered a camera on Amazon and probably have it to our hotel by that evening. I was also hoping that maybe I could just download a different camera app to my phone that would work. You'll have to wait to see how that turned out... ;)

I'm glad I didn't get too far behind. I will try to follow along better now!
Well, now that you're here, we can move on! Lol.
I hope to post about Monday afternoon later today. Or by the end of the week at the latest.

I love how super organized and creative you are! I definitely was not as creative as you raising our five kids! What a beautiful family you all are :)
Thank you so much! I can't take all the credit though. I got so many ideas from people on these boards. Months before our trip, I started devouring everything I could and took notes. I have a lot of lists! Lol.

I almost had a panic attack when both of you lost your photos - crossing my fingers that you were able to retrieve your pics
That was not a happy hour for sure! I'm just glad my kids were so good. When I'm freaking out inside, if they are being difficult it is hard to remain composed. The older kids knew what was going on and helped take care of the little kids. So we all stayed pretty calm on the outside while we could figure it out. The rest of the story is coming soon.
Thanks for joining my adventure!

I loved reading your trip report! We are a family of 6, also homeschoolers, and heading to DLR for our first trip this summer. I pulled a few ideas for our trip from your report and I'm going to check out the hotel your family stayed.

Glad you guys had such a great time. Your family is beautiful and blessed!

I loved reading your trip report! We are a family of 6, also homeschoolers, and heading to DLR for our first trip this summer. I pulled a few ideas for our trip from your report and I'm going to check out the hotel your family stayed.

Glad you guys had such a great time. Your family is beautiful and blessed!
Welcome!! I'm glad you're here!
I'm glad you were able to get some ideas for your trip. Feel free to ask me anything that you have questions about. I love that my kids can learn no matter where we go.
I hope your trip this summer is amazing!

Monday Afternoon 2/5 Disneyland! “Google fixed”

… When last we left, the kids and I were sitting in Cafe Orleans waiting for our meal, and for T to come and tell me that our phone cameras were magically okay, and that we would be able to take photos with them for the rest of the week. I hoped...

FINALLY, T did join us at our table.

“Is it fixed?” I asked.

“Yes, and the photos are all there.”

“How???”

He explained that for some odd reason that Google could not explain or fix, our photos taken underground in the Haunted Mansion had a time stamp of 8pm that night. What??? So, they would continue to show as the last photos we took until after 8pm that night. We kept seeing them as the last photos, thinking that none taken after were saved. But the whole time, they were being saved behind the HM ones. AND THEY WERE ALL THERE!!! And our phone cameras worked fine. We’d just have to deal with the photos having the wrong time stamp. OH GOOD!! I could deal with that!

We plugged our phones into this incredible portable charger my sister had given T for Christmas. My phone was down to 21% battery and T down to 30 something. And soon after, the food came, and I could take food photos after all!

But first! The photos I thought hadn’t been saved that I couldn’t share with you in the last post. Let’s see…

E (14) was holding S (3)’s hand walking through Critter Country…

NpWjUC9l.jpg

Then we found Tigger…

qsDpparl.jpg

4MDiKb4l.jpg

S hugged him for a while…

pByLp73l.jpg

9pVHEBDl.jpg

And then there was Pooh…

e1JfXgRl.jpg

u6ceEZLl.jpg

Pooh liked that he was on S’s shirt…

WMqrcTOl.jpg

muIr6FLl.jpg

Then the ride…

LJSakj2l.jpg

bcZ9ExLl.jpg

And here are a couple of the photos T was taking while on the phone with Google tech just to test if the camera was working again...

vkJ9h2pl.jpg

tInDe8ll.jpg

Don’t let the smile fool you, I was worried!

Now, you’re caught up and back in real time at our Cafe Orleans outdoor table.

Here came our Pomme Frites.

svWk2npl.jpg

P (20mo) liked these!

SJk1B9kl.jpg

Ok, we all did!

SVsv4vrl.jpg

T got some Gumbo.

9xm0j9fl.jpg

And we all shared a couple plates of Monte Cristos. Delicious! E received a recipe for monte cristos about a year ago and made them for us. They were so good, and ever since then I’ve wanted to try Disneyland’s.

nkdYtUgl.jpg

St6NgWfl.jpg

T was creating a backdrop for my photo?? lol.

SlqzOYhl.jpg

N (7), my cutie-patootie. She says, “Why are there always messy pictures of me eating?”

And do you see that in the back? Like mother, like son.

And finally, the Beignets! They couldn’t wait to get their fingers on those. The cream sauce was so light, and cool, and slightly sweet, and wonderful!

MbS61rCl.jpg

1U14Rd6l.jpg

And, I have to say that our server, Ann, was fantastic! She was just great from beginning to end. Always nearby, checking on us, but not hovering, keeping us informed about our food wait.

Here’s the menu if anyone is curious. I didn’t look at it because I knew what I was getting when I made the reservation.

nBoRZu6l.jpg

Our meal was over, our phones almost fully charged (great charger!), and the kids wanted to ride Winnie the Pooh again!

On the way, we got E’s ride photo.

ukUHbQkl.jpg

P was asleep in the stroller by the time we got there, so I sent the others to ride, and I walked him back to a Guest Services stand where I got P and S “First Visit” buttons.

VOrlrJ2l.jpg

We all wanted to ride on the Mark Twain as none of us had before. On the way over, we stopped to look at the petrified tree that Lilly Disney had donated to Disneyland.

fkj3EpUl.jpg

5gtaFL1l.jpg

The river boat pulled away just as we were walking up, so we walked around Frontierland for a bit, then went behind Big Thunder to where the new Star Wars Land entrance would be. There were a few others checking it out, too.

iQGMgfbl.jpg

Then we went back to take a ride on the Mark Twain!

Sc1FhhDl.jpg

1EQ7NrJl.jpg

NJ6sC0Cl.jpg

New post to allow for more photos coming right up!

Monday Afternoon 2/5 Disneyland! “Google fixed” Part 2

After lunch, I had booked Big Thunder Mountain Railroad FastPasses, which had turned into Multi-Experience FPs. It was time to ride Big Thunder!

T took the three older kids with the FPs and booked Rider Switch for me at the entrance.

iZDOsosl.jpg

And… T lost his sunglasses. On our last trip five years ago, I believe T lost THREE pairs of sunglasses on rides. He told a CM where he had been sitting, and J thought he remembered which train number they were in so the CMs could look for them in the pouch in front of the seats.

Meanwhile, the girls and I went to ride with the Rider Switch! I was a little nervous because, again, I couldn’t remember if there were any big drops. N told me, “There’s nothing to be afraid of!”

0GCQhoHl.jpg

1EZ7TIjl.jpg

UGL0E4tl.jpg

pKWOch5l.jpg

ZsDqWYwl.jpg

I loved the ride!!! So much fun! And (spoiler alert!) again, no big drops. Just speed, and quick turns.

While waiting for us, P was being silly with his burp cloth (he treats them like little security blankets).

mNF02O8l.jpg

Tc68ZEzl.jpg

Soon after the girls and I exited, the CM brought T his sunglasses! Yay!

It was 4:25 and S wanted to go on the Haunted Mansion again, even though he hated the stretching room. I’m pretty sure the problem was the guy who screams from the ceiling. I booked FPs so they could get right in, and E and I stayed behind with P.

It appears that by now I had also booked FPs to go on Indy again later.

qZacXXdl.png

We were hanging out next to the river and I was trying to get selfies with P. But he was so distracted by the Mickey balloons that were floating from the parked strollers nearby. He was reaching for them and crying, “mm mm mm bbs,” which meant “Mickey Mouse balloon.”

N3MXfYAl.jpg

I had brought my package of uninflated mylar balloons that I had made for the kids on the car ride. So, I blew one up and stuck a Mickey head sticker on each side. You can’t tell in the photo because of his serene demeanor, but P was thrilled! He waved it around, saying, “mm mm mm bb.”

That package of balloons was the best $11 I spent the week before our trip.

JVTDweSl.jpg

When the family got back from HM, it was 4:50 and we had reservations for dinner pick up at the Hungry Bear Restaurant at 6. Enough time to use our Indiana FPs.

I rode with E, J, and N. T took S and P on Pirates again. S still said he didn’t like the drops, but he liked the rest of the ride enough to want it again. Yay! I’m so glad he didn’t dislike that one.

J pulling the “do not pull the rope” rope:

2eLm7fal.jpg

4kGgskJl.jpg

We got the front row of our jeep. I loved it! N did not. By the end of the day (and after riding four times!), N said that she didn’t like Indiana Jones as much as she did the first time. This wild girl was just fine with the jerks and twists. She was creeped out by the snake. I have to laugh because the snack looks really fake. But it scares her. In the front row, there was no buffer between her and it, and she didn’t like it. But she was brave. And she still rode it again with Rider Switch.

In fact, we let the kids ride alone (together) for the first time using the RS. T likes the ride, but he had commented when he rode earlier that day that it was just too loud. It bothered him enough that he didn’t want to ride again. With instructions to have N sit between the older two, and make sure they weren’t in the front row, they were off. It was 5:25 by now.

While we waited for them, T got my ride pic we had forgotten to do in the morning. I kind of have crazy eyes here.

tHoDXMQl.jpg

I noticed then that the photos I had taken down in Indiana Jones just before had also been given a crazy time stamp (1am!) and were showing up in front of all future photos I took. But this time we knew immediately what had happened. So no worries. Crazy google phone.

When the kids came back, we tried to get another shot of P with his ride shirt, but couldn’t get a good one.

YluNwzMl.jpg

Then we were off to try the Hungry Bear Fantasmic! Dining Package!

Those are awesome! My 10-year-old looked at this post with me and liked them. (The 11-year-old wants me to say he liked them too. They were worried/laughed at the Splashless Mountain photo.) :) The time stamp thing is crazy, but I'm so glad you didn't lose your pictures! And those chargers are the best. thing. ever. at Disneyland. Pooh looks so cuddly. I want to take a picture with him next time!

You make Cafe Orleans look amazing! It's not on my list, but maybe it should be. Enjoying reading about your day.

And SO happy the pictures situation worked out. Strange about the time stamp. Probably there's some Disney voodoo when you're on those rides that messes up the time-space continuum.

I really want to try the Monte Cristo.... looks so good! I'm hoping on our trip we'll be able to go to Cafe Orleans but we'll see how it works out.

Love that your son is taking pictures of his meal and documenting along with you. My 7 year old likes to do this with me while his Dad just rolls his eyes. :rotfl:

I had intended to post an update this weekend, but have had a major distraction. You see, yesterday my DH took J to see Jumangi after he cleaned his room. The girls want to go to the theaters next weekend to see The Greatest Showman. Of course they were told they would have to clean their room as well. Then DH said he would take me to see a movie (we had just gotten home from seeing Black Panther) if I cleaned my room, too. Teasing him back, I said I wanted to go somewhere better than the movies.
"Where?" he asked.
"Disneyland!" I said. Of course.
"Ok," he said simply. I didn't believe it.
But he said he meant it. No way!
A few minutes later, he changed it and said I should clean my craft room instead, and that could help pay for the trip. I have a whole lot of rubber stamp sets I don't use anymore that I need to sell.
Still, I'll take it! Our family is already planning a trip in September. I keep talking about wanting to take a "date trip" with just us, but I was hoping for spring of 2019 to celebrate our 20th anniversary.
This is so unbelievable that we might go right away! T said to pick a date, clean the room and sell some stamps, and he'll make it happen. I love him!
T works 4/10s. So he has Friday-Sunday off. He said we'd leave Friday morning, go to the parks Saturday, and drive back home Sunday. Just one day, but it would be wonderful.
I couldn't help but start looking into it right away. I was thinking April or May. But every Saturday in May has a grad night. So I'd rather April. Then I remembered about Dapper Days, which happens in April. It has been a dream of mine since I learned about it. DH isn't so sure. He wants to be comfortable in DL. So, we're looking into it and talking about it, and it's been hard to think of anything else in the last couple days. I feel so happy and blessed!
Anyway...

hose are awesome! My 10-year-old looked at this post with me and liked them. (The 11-year-old wants me to say he liked them too. They were worried/laughed at the Splashless Mountain photo.) :)
Thank you! I'm glad you like them. I really enjoy designing and tweaking designs.

You make Cafe Orleans look amazing! It's not on my list, but maybe it should be. Enjoying reading about your day.
We really did enjoy it. The atmosphere was great. I really like New Orleans Square so sitting outside was perfect. It was the only reservation we had the whole trip, besides the Fantasmic dining package. Not having reservations to keep allowed us to be flexible, and we're not into fine dining, but this table service was a good one.

I really want to try the Monte Cristo.... looks so good! I'm hoping on our trip we'll be able to go to Cafe Orleans but we'll see how it works out.

Love that your son is taking pictures of his meal and documenting along with you. My 7 year old likes to do this with me while his Dad just rolls his eyes. :rotfl:
The monte cristo is tasty! And very filling. DH and I shared one with the baby, and the other four kids shared another. I don't think any of them finished their quarter! Of course they had filled up on pomme frites first.
I love that J took a lot of photos, too. He focused on decor and food. :)

Enjoying your trip report!
Thank you! And welcome!!!

I had intended to post an update this weekend, but have had a major distraction. You see, yesterday my DH took J to see Jumangi after he cleaned his room. The girls want to go to the theaters next weekend to see The Greatest Showman. Of course they were told they would have to clean their room as well. Then DH said he would take me to see a movie (we had just gotten home from seeing Black Panther) if I cleaned my room, too. Teasing him back, I said I wanted to go somewhere better than the movies.
"Where?" he asked.
"Disneyland!" I said. Of course.
"Ok," he said simply. I didn't believe it.
But he said he meant it. No way!
A few minutes later, he changed it and said I should clean my craft room instead, and that could help pay for the trip. I have a whole lot of rubber stamp sets I don't use anymore that I need to sell.
Still, I'll take it! Our family is already planning a trip in September. I keep talking about wanting to take a "date trip" with just us, but I was hoping for spring of 2019 to celebrate our 20th anniversary.
This is so unbelievable that we might go right away! T said to pick a date, clean the room and sell some stamps, and he'll make it happen. I love him!
T works 4/10s. So he has Friday-Sunday off. He said we'd leave Friday morning, go to the parks Saturday, and drive back home Sunday. Just one day, but it would be wonderful.
I couldn't help but start looking into it right away. I was thinking April or May. But every Saturday in May has a grad night. So I'd rather April. Then I remembered about Dapper Days, which happens in April. It has been a dream of mine since I learned about it. DH isn't so sure. He wants to be comfortable in DL. So, we're looking into it and talking about it, and it's been hard to think of anything else in the last couple days. I feel so happy and blessed!
Anyway...

That sounds super fun that you might be planning a couple trip! We just did that, and it was super fun (if a bit exhausting, since we did everything we wanted to in both parks, in one day...). I am starting to dream about taking the kids on another one -next- spring (2019, before Star Wars land opens and before the youngest turns that magic "3" age) but we'll have to see. We also want to buy a house, so...

How fun that you get to plan another trip! Can't wait to hear your plans for it!
Yes, another PTR might be coming soon!!

That sounds super fun that you might be planning a couple trip! We just did that, and it was super fun (if a bit exhausting, since we did everything we wanted to in both parks, in one day...). I am starting to dream about taking the kids on another one -next- spring (2019, before Star Wars land opens and before the youngest turns that magic "3" age) but we'll have to see. We also want to buy a house, so...
Us, too- trying to do everything in one day. But it will be a different kind of exhausted. I'm looking forward to not having to worry about the kids at all, or if the baby is freaking out on a ride. It'll be really nice to just pay attention to my husband for a change!
I'm also thinking ahead to next year, and avoiding the early Star Wars Land crowds. We're going to try to go to Disneyland once a year now. Spring 2019 sounds good. If not, I'm thinking about the week after Thanksgiving.
Isn't it a bummer that we can't just throw all our money at Disney? We're thinking about house buying again. But the market in our area is such a strong seller's market right now that we'll probably wait until it calms down. Darn good economy! haha

Monday Evening 2/5 Disneyland! “Fantasmic! impresses”

After the older kids rode Indy by themselves, we headed to Hungry Bear Restaurant for our Fantasmic! Package!

First, we got J (12)’s not-a-ride photo.

UTU63Bsl.jpg

OcjKrNDl.jpg

There were plenty of rides for J to choose from, but he wants to be a chef when he grows up, so the restaurant really excited him. Plus, his nickname is Bear. So this was the perfect shirt for him! I had to design it strictly from photos I could find online, whereas with most of the other shirts I used retro posters to start with. But it was fun to make for him.

These were our Fantasmic! dining options:

iTcIoq0l.jpg

I had heard that you can order off the regular menu instead (still paying package pricing). E (14) and I tried to order the Blackberry BBQ Pork Riblets, but substitute Onion Rings from the regular menu for our sides. We couldn’t do that. No mix and match. So E ordered from the F! menu, and I ordered from the regular menu, and we shared meals.

Here’s my half of the Chicken Sandwich with Onion Rings. When the kids saw this photo, they asked if I meant to make the hidden mickey, No, I did not.

39jRn6rl.jpg

And my half of the BBQ Riblets with Cranberry Rice Medley and Kale Salad

FhdYwsVl.jpg

These are horrible photos!! Sorry!

I had heard (correctly) that the riblets were difficult to eat. They were too hard to cut with a fork and knife and didn’t come off the bone easily. Some people also complained about the sweetness of the BBQ sauce. That I didn’t mind at all. E and I really liked the flavor. Others also thought the F! sides were weird and wouldn’t eat them. I was surprised at how much I liked both the grains and the salad. I think I ate all of both (although it was just a half portion). The chicken sandwich was a little boring, but maybe could have been doctored up somehow. The onion rings were good. It was dark, and getting a little cold, and I think that affected my appreciation of the meal. Next time I want to try Hungry Bear in the daytime. I really wanted the atmosphere of sitting between the railroad tracks and river.

We cleaned up and headed to the viewing area for the Dining Package Fast Passes. The entrance was near Harbour Galley, down near the water. We had hoped that we would be allowed to bring in our stroller if we stayed on the back edge of our section. But we were told that strollers would only be allowed in if they had the disability sticker on them. It wasn’t a problem at all. We parked it in stroller parking, which was close to our seating area. We sat in the back of our section anyway. We liked the view higher up without the rail in our way. We were settled by 7:15 for a 7:45 show.

ZRAB7Gc.jpg

1ygCzPJ.jpg

I thought our view was fantastic!

And it was so nice to be able to sit, rather than stand, before and during the show. And to not have crowds pushing into us. It was relaxing, when I know having the regular FPs would have been stressful.

I had brought little cushions to sit on, so we weren’t on the cold, hard ground. They did make a difference. We also had a fleece blanket to share.

t3uZ976l.jpg

I also had brought a bunch of glow sticks and some glow-in-the-dark toy cars that I had purchased at the Dollar Tree. They were a hit and helped pass the time waiting. There was a very active, cute little boy in front of us and we had an extra glow car, so it was nice to be able to give one to him. It was cute how much he appreciated such a small thing.

Wx0jQjJl.jpg

I don’t have many photos of the show because little P did not like how loud it was and buried his face in my neck the whole time. I used one hand to cover his exposed ear. T took a few pics.

tg9OPLnl.jpg

sOE3havl.jpg

YXIARZ6l.jpg

v420qhil.jpg

When the pirate ship came out, my husband was very impressed! It looked so huge right in front of us! With T to my right, and E to my left, I heard a lot of “Wow!”s. They LOVED the show!

Nbsry1Bl.jpg

57y6yZSl.jpg

wqsZMPil.jpg

ku1FsIal.jpg

k0U0PQrl.jpg

qRzVOkFl.jpg

FXX2q1Xl.jpg

PH4smbUl.jpg

Qn1wkBzl.jpg

When the Mark Twain came by, I meant to take a photo, and accidently clicked record. I let it run until the end of the show, so I got the last 2 minutes on video.

We all just loved it! Very impressive!

I had snagged FastPasses with MaxPass for Big Thunder before the show started. At 8:25, after a bathroom break, we were ready for a nighttime ride!

T took E, J,and N first.

awo1iqMl.jpg

1aicMFBl.jpg

DygRjijl.jpg

Everyone wanted to ride again, but because N (7) hadn’t had to sit out on any RS yet that day, she had to sit out this time.

So, I used RS with E and J. I thought the ride felt faster in the dark. Riding at night gave it a different feel and I’m glad we did it.

lQbd88vl.jpg

I lost my voice. Not surprising since I still had cold symptoms. And it is so loud in the park, especially near rides, that I had to raise my voice constantly for my kids to hear me. (Or, was it that my kids were so distracted and excited that I had to raise my voice for my kids to listen to me?)

While we were riding, T got N’s ride photo that we hadn’t taken that afternoon. I don’t know how we forgot earlier; N got so many compliments, especially from BTMRR Cast Members, on her shirt.

aED4AXwl.jpg

S (3) and the others wanted to ride Pirates again! And we had a few minutes until closing time. So, at 8:57pm, they all got in a 5 minute line for Pirates. The first and the last ride of the day.

xk6VAwjl.jpg

P (20mos) and I enjoyed the almost empty New Orleans Square and Frontierland. We saw the Sailing Ship Columbia pass while the crew cleaned up after the show. And we danced to the music by the Rivers of America until he fell asleep.

lkp30zpl.jpg

an7vzOil.jpg

The family came out of Pirates, and at 9:20 we were very nicely kicked out of the park. S was asleep before we left Adventureland.

B6Ilt4zl.jpg

OioRuovl.jpg

On the walk back to the hotel, T noticed that J was limping a little. When asked about it, J said that his ankle started hurting after his last Indiana Jones ride. T had J take something to reduce swelling and we all slowed down.

At 9:50, we were back in our hotel room. P is a night owl, so T and I got to bed around 11:30.

It was a great day!! According to my health app on my phone, we walked 9 miles.

We never saw a photopass photographer that day. But we hadn't searched them out either. We met 3 characters. We brought an autograph mat, but it was always left back at the stroller, so no autographs.

We didn't get to the Tiki Room, Dole whips, or Tom Sawyer Island. Even with a whole day exclusively in that side of the parks! We'd have to try for Weds or Fri.

Favorite part of the day: T, N and S- Fantasmic!, Me- getting more comfortable with Indiana and BTMRR (I was so glad I enjoyed them, I’m not always a ride person, but I really loved them!), E- "it's too hard to choose" but finally “the thrill rides” and “everything”, J- Indiana Jones

Wow! I love your hand made shirts and trip journals! They look so professional! Thanks for sharing your lovely report, it's giving me the bit of Disneyland I needed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!