Family of four - how many rooms?

MarriedAtDisney

Mouseketeer
Two adults and two kids. How many rooms do they provide on these adventures generally? We'd love to have two. Is that an upgrade option?

If you look at the Adventures by Disney website, this information should be under Rates and Dates for each trip if you scroll all the way down. For example, for our upcoming Greece trip, the four of us were going to all be in one room if we booked our trip as one reservation for four. We ending up booking as two reservations each for two people so we could get two rooms. Our cost changed minimally for this trip.

As @CaliKris said, you need to look at the Rates & Dates tab for each trip you're considering. It varies widely from trip to trip based on the configurations of the hotels being used, and the laws in certain countries. So you really have to figure it out on a case by case basis.

Sayhello

My advice would be to book as two separate reservations with one adult and one child and request connecting rooms when available. In our experience the cost is about the same. They cannot guarantee connecting rooms, but will try to provide them when available. We did not know about this on our first ABD, and were squeezed together in one room at two different hotels while other families had paid the same price and had two rooms. On our next two ABDs (BSM and London/Paris) we booked as two reservations of two. Out of the 4 hotels stayed in over those two trips, in 3 out of 4 we had connecting rooms. In Paris our rooms were adjoining but not connecting.

My advice would be to book as two separate reservations with one adult and one child and request connecting rooms when available. In our experience the cost is about the same. They cannot guarantee connecting rooms, but will try to provide them when available. We did not know about this on our first ABD, and were squeezed together in one room at two different hotels while other families had paid the same price and had two rooms. On our next two ABDs (BSM and London/Paris) we booked as two reservations of two. Out of the 4 hotels stayed in over those two trips, in 3 out of 4 we had connecting rooms. In Paris our rooms were adjoining but not connecting.
Same thing happened to us on our first ABD! When I found out we were paying same as family of 4 with 2 rooms I was not happy. Never again. Always book 2 rooms. We've been connecting, adjoining, and near. We don't care too much either way. The benefit of two bathrooms way outweighs immediate access :)

We have done both and now go with 2 rooms since my kids are teens. However, I will caveat... there are some trips that you may want to consider staying on the same reservation because of the cool family housing. In Wyoming a family of 4 booked together will get a cabin (with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a living area), whereas many of the parties of 2 will be in rooms in the main lodge. In Peru, the little casitas at Sol y Luna were great for a family of 4. The adults had the downstairs and the kids had the loft with twin beds. I would ask the vacationista about your specific trip and the sleeping arrangements and make a decision that way. My kids like to have their own beds, so when we booked as a party of 4, I mentioned that, and in many cases we could stay in the same room and they found a way for the kids to have their own beds (roll aways, family-style rooms with twin beds, etc).

We are a family of 4 also. On our Italy trip we shared a large room in Sorrento with a large bathroom. In Florence we had a 2 bedroom suite! It was beautiful!

were you able to find out in advance of your trip what the housing would be, so that you knew whether to book as a party of 4 or 2 parties of 2? Does Disney share that info if asked?

were you able to find out in advance of your trip what the housing would be, so that you knew whether to book as a party of 4 or 2 parties of 2? Does Disney share that info if asked?
Yes. It is also usually available on the website in the fine print under the pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter