Family Pre-Trip Excitement: Watching Youtube Trip Vlogs

DVC_Dad_Canada

Mouseketeer
The countdown is on, and it's a year until our next WDW trip.

What my twin 15 year old girls have been doing lately is searching "WDW travel day" on Youtube, and watching various family's trip vlogs. Some are better than others, obviously, but it's extremely easy to get hooked.

A neat way to see people's different travelling styles. Sometimes we're yelling advice to them through the screen when we see them doing something strange, other times we go "Oh that's a good idea", and other times we reminisce about similar times we had.

Anyone else here do something similar with their family (or by themselves)? It's very addictive, as we killed 3 hours just last night.

We're planning our first trip, so DH and the boys have been watching various 'Top 10 Attractions at...." videos. Top 10 fastest, top 10 best, top 10 hidden, etc. for each park. Tip videos, etc. too. I'll have to add "WDW Travel Day" to our list of topics to search; we're using these others to get better ideas of what we do/don't want to experience in each park.

(I went once, some 30-ish years ago; none of the rest of the family have ever been...)

I really enjoy watching the youtube videos! I feel like you can learn a lot of good tips through them. Also I like to hear peoples opinions on rides and restaurants. It can becoming addicting to watch and 3 hours will go by in a flash! With the way the internet is we will probably never run out of Disney youtube videos to watch :D

Thetimtracker is awesome! He's toured every resort at WDW and those shows are the best! Of course, Dis has great shows on everything from soup to nuts.

We're headed west next year, so I've been watching Provost Park Pass, Offhand Disney, and SoCal Attractions on youtube. I know I'm driving my hubby crazy, but it's too fun to stop!

TimTracker makes me dizzy with the shaky cam but I LOVE Disney Food Blog and watch it daily now!

I also love watching Disney YouTube videos! My husband enjoyed it at first, but I think I’ve watched so many that he’s a little tired of them now. Our favorites are Tim Tracker and Disney Food Blog (in addition to the Dis, of course!)

Absolutely. I love watching WDW vlogs. My absolute favorite is The Tim Tracker. I also like the WDW Couple and Disney Food Blog. I enjoy the family friendly reports and it keeps me in the Disney spirit.

Ooooo excited to start checking these out! Are there any particular YouTube videos I should view while planning out my itinerary for each day? Still deciding which ADR's and fast pass+ reservations to make!

We do the same! We have small kids and LOVE watching The Neverland Family. They have the best room tours and have so many helpful tips for kids and things to do outside of the parks.

We watch our favorites daily, whether we are planning a trip or not. There are so many out there, you are bound to find a personality/film quality combo that works for you.

As others have mentioned, TimTracker, DisneyFoodBlog are great. Also like PrinceCharmingDev, OhYeah (there might be more to their name) and Negrorlando.

I also follow a ton of people on Instagram. With the stories feature it’s a great way to get little Disney fixes in 15 second video clips.

I believe it was the YouTube videos and Vlogs that were the cause of my DW catching the WDW bug:cloud9:. We have been to WDW no less than 25 times and each time we go my DW enjoys herself but really never caught the bug. She would go for the kids and because it's my "happy place" where I don't have to think or really do anything, but this year is different - DW is on YouTube daily, watching AJ's food blogs and sending DD and DS links to new things she is discovering. Yesterday, she thought she was able to book fast passes early (63 days out) and was so disappointed to find out that the system will let you get so far before it shuts you down. We'll be celebrating 30 years of marriage this trip and I do believe this trip will have a little extra magicpixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter