Fantasmic ADR Sci Fi or Brown Derby

Cazbucket

Mouseketeer
I tried to book the above solo but it only bought H&V or Prime Time. I booked HBD for 2 thinking I could modify to 1 but it would not let me.
I ended up cancelling and booking Prime Time.
Would there have been a way I could have modified it or if I just turned up with me only would they charge me for 2?
I do like Prime Time but never eaten there alone before.
TIA

You can make reservations for two and arrive as a solo diner and you would not be charged. The reservation system is not set up to handle parties of one very well and booking for two is a common workaround.

For Sci-Fi it is not unlikely that you would be seated in a car with another party (for example with a party of 4 in a car meant for 6).

My advice with these dining packages is that if you’re not really set on one place, take the cost of the package and subtract what you would likely order. Go with the one that puts your meal price closest to the package price.

Just book what you want for 2, it will be o.k. I do it all the time, there very few restaurants (on property or off) that actually have a one top so you would be seated at a two top any way.

Did the previous replies note the “Fantasmic” portion of your question? Because I have the same question. I’m not sure if my sister will be with me or not for my Sept trip and would love to book Fantasmic dining for two if I can modify and not be charged for her if she doesn’t come. But the rules state you can cancel but you cannot modify your Fantasmic dining reservation

Would love to know if the prior responses were speaking from experience with Fantasmic dining modifications.

Did the previous replies note the “Fantasmic” portion of your question? Because I have the same question. I’m not sure if my sister will be with me or not for my Sept trip and would love to book Fantasmic dining for two if I can modify and not be charged for her if she doesn’t come. But the rules state you can cancel but you cannot modify your Fantasmic dining reservation

Would love to know if the prior responses were speaking from experience with Fantasmic dining modifications.
My response above specifically addressed the “Fantasmic” portion of the question when I said to add up what you’d eat and choose the ADR that gets you closest to that amount.

I don’t see where it says the reservation can not be modified for Fantasmic dining, not even when I book it and read the “Terms & Conditions” on the confirmation screen. When I look at the list of ADRs on Disney’s website that do not allow modification, Fantasmic dining is not there. It is largely pre-paid experiences such as CRT or fireworks parties. Fantasmic dining is not pre-paid and appears to be under the same restrictions as most other ADRs which is cancel or modify by 2 hours prior but still no requirement that everyone on the ADR arrives for that ADR. Worst case you’d be looking at a $10 charge (unlikely), not the full price of the meal.

Thank you EdnaMarieMode~ I had read the terms and conditions and could not find anything either. I did rebook for 2 on a different day at HBD and will see if Disney will modify for me.
I can get all of them for lunch but really early times, too early for me to eat or park hop to.

BlueDog, will update!

My response above specifically addressed the “Fantasmic” portion of the question when I said to add up what you’d eat and choose the ADR that gets you closest to that amount.

I don’t see where it says the reservation can not be modified for Fantasmic dining, not even when I book it and read the “Terms & Conditions” on the confirmation screen. When I look at the list of ADRs on Disney’s website that do not allow modification, Fantasmic dining is not there. It is largely pre-paid experiences such as CRT or fireworks parties. Fantasmic dining is not pre-paid and appears to be under the same restrictions as most other ADRs which is cancel or modify by 2 hours prior but still no requirement that everyone on the ADR arrives for that ADR. Worst case you’d be looking at a $10 charge (unlikely), not the full price of the meal.
Gosh, I guess you’re correct. I do find that restriction on Epcot firework dining and must have assumed it was the same for fireworks dining at other parks. Thank you! I’ll book Fantasmic for two if I can.

Gosh, I guess you’re correct. I do find that restriction on Epcot firework dining and must have assumed it was the same for fireworks dining at other parks. Thank you! I’ll book Fantasmic for two if I can.
No worries- I think the separation of the pre-paid experiences with the updated cancellation/ modification policy is easy to confuse with dining packages like Fantasmic or Eat to the Beat.

If I have fireworks dining at Rose & Crown (pre-paid) it’s one set of terms but if I have an Eat to the Beat (not pre-paid) package at Biergarten it’s a different set of terms. I had to dig around to make sure there wasn’t another recent change I had missed.

Emailed my TA who is in US she spoke to Disney ~ cannot modify even their end but just advise when I go it will be just one, it won’t be a problem!
I do like Prime Time but didn’t fancy on my own 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter