FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

I have a Fantasmic dining package for opening day. If I park hop to DCA for part of the day, and DL closes to capacity, will I be able to get in with the dining package?
I checked touring plans crowd calendar and it states that DL will be a 9 out of 10 on this day. Personally I wouldn't chance it. We were in this situation once on New Years and had to give up our ADR in DTD in fear of not getting back in.

I just spoke to someone at Disney Dining about F! at River Belle for the 8pm seating, which is seating at River Belle during F! When I told her my concerns about the walkway, she told me it was for emergency use only. Said there will be people standing in front of that area to see the show, but it should not be right in front. She also confirmed that the entire River Belle Terrace outdoors will be used for premium seating, not just along the rail. When I asked if there was a way to get a table along the rail, maybe by arriving early, she just said, "We start seating at 8." Earlier I made a 6:50 res for RBT, so there will be guests being seated around 7 PM that will have to leave before 8 PM can be seated. Not sure how this will affect the order in which 8 PM guests are seated, or if they will even be able to do rail seating first or if they'll seat as tables come available.

Would be interested to hear the order they seat guests if anyone goes.

I just made a Hungry Bear reservation for next Wednesday on the phone and didn't realize until we hung up that he never asked me for my email. He did ask for cell number, name and credit card info and he went over the times with me twice for dinner and for the show. I just thought it would be nice to have a confirmation somewhere.

Ohhhh, apparently name and cell # were enough. I just checked my Disneyland App and it is showing up there. Yay.

I have a Fantasmic dining package for opening day. If I park hop to DCA for part of the day, and DL closes to capacity, will I be able to get in with the dining package?
It all depends on what kind of capacity closure they institute. Sometimes they'll allow guests with confirmed dining reservations in, other times they don't. I probably wouldn't chance it or I would keep a close eye on social media and if there are announcements that they've closed the gates to first time entries (or if they've closed the parking structure, which can be a prelude to other closures - not always, but sometimes), I would head back to DL at that point.

Earlier I made a 6:50 res for RBT, so there will be guests being seated around 7 PM that will have to leave before 8 PM can be seated. Not sure how this will affect the order in which 8 PM guests are seated, or if they will even be able to do rail seating first or if they'll seat as tables come available.
I'm also curious to see how this goes. I wonder if, as they closer to 7:00 pm (the last time when it looks like reservations can be made), whether they'll start seating guests inside only or towards the back of the patio area. Can you imagine how hard/ugly it would be to ask guests to leave if they're seated on the patio and then try to stay for the two hours until F! starts? I can easily see some guests trying that if they're seated at a prime table at 7:00 pm. Overall, RBT tends to be a pretty fast meal, but I can still see guests trying it if they're seated somewhere really good. Yikes!

Ohhhh, apparently name and cell # were enough. I just checked my Disneyland App and it is showing up there. Yay.
I think it's up to the dining CMs to decide whether they like to ask for cell phone or email. I've been ask for both depending on the call...I think they're basically just using it to look up your Disneyland account, so in the end, it doesn't matter which one is used, as long as it's linked to your account.

So it looks like there is no availability for RBT on 9/9 :(
I booked the Hungry Bear package instead. I can't recall if it's been discussed in this thread but has anyone gotten an answer on whether the reserved area for HB is seated like the others?

I went ahead and called and spoke to a CM, so to answer my own question, in case anyone else is looking to book RBT that weekend, they are currently not taking any reservations there after the 6th, apparently in anticipation of some renovations. This may change, I was advised by the CM at dining to call back in a week to see.

I also confirmed that HB is standing only, unlike the other two dining packages that have ground seating. Bummer for us, I really hoped for seating, and don't want to do BB since we have an 18mo that behaves as many toddlers do, and may be too disruptive for that venue.

I look forward to hearing from others in the coming weeks how each dining and reserved F! seating is :)

So it looks like there is no availability for RBT on 9/9 :(
I booked the Hungry Bear package instead. I can't recall if it's been discussed in this thread but has anyone gotten an answer on whether the reserved area for HB is seated like the others?

How did you book Hungry Bear for September? I'm only seeing packages until Sun Aug 27th for all three places.

How did you book Hungry Bear for September? I'm only seeing packages until Sun Aug 27th for all three places.

I think you are seeing up to Aug 27th because it appears after that they are reverting to 'off-peak' showings of only Fri / Sat / Sun. If you click to the next month you'll see further dates show up - in Sept. made the same mistake myself initially:-)

I think you are seeing up to Aug 27th because it appears after that they are reverting to 'off-peak' showings of only Fri / Sat / Sun. If you click to the next month you'll see further dates show up - in Sept. made the same mistake myself initially:-)

Thank you! Didn't think to flip to the next month.

I can hardly wait to see everyone's reports. Have the BB package for 9/10 but this is a month before our new grandson arrives so not sure how DDIL will do sitting on ground, but she's game! Especially interested in the RBT patio seating. We used to do the balcony seating - boy, I miss that - which was not the best angle/view but it was sooo nice to be out of the mad rush of people and I am thinking RBT patio might be a nice alternative and easy to find. In the dark, it wasn't always easy to find where to go for the Riverside seating and I am concerned these new packages may have that same problem, as the CMs are not always well-informed.

Hi all! I did the RBT premium seating on opening night. Happy to share my review.

I initially booked RBT premium because of several reasons. My friends would be joining me after my D23 Expo weekend, and it was their first visit to Disneyland. They love Fantasmic at WDW, and I wanted to make sure they saw (I think, anyway) the superior version. I planned on being nearly dead by Monday night, exhausted from Thursday night/Friday/Saturday Expo madness and all-day Sunday touring at DCA, topped off with a Carthay Circle WOC package Sunday night. Plus we'd be waking up early to drive to LA and spend the rest of the week exploring other parts of Cali. My friends wanted to make sure we maxed out on attractions that Monday, so I figured combining dinner with a view was a win-win. Plus my one friend is INCREDIBLY picky and already nixed the BB menu, to my chagrin. I was slightly concerned about the seating after re-visiting the walkway/patio area, but was hoping there were enough CMs on hand opening night to assuage any issues after paying a premium price.

Our group of 3 got there at 7:40 after riding IJA, and saw about 20 folks in line ahead of us: one large group of 12, and some smaller groups. We were told that seating was pre-assigned, and no requests would be honored (because honestly, I'm sure every party would ask to be up against the rail, and there was only about 5 tables of 4-5). This ended up being somewhat true - while the large party was seated at multiple rail tables, some groups that arrived before us weren't seated at the rail.

After checking in, we were given lanyards and ushered inside to wait to be seated. We were generally seated in the order we arrived. My table was against the far rail on the left, three tables back from the front. Umbrellas were closed, but not removed -- this was ultimately my biggest issue with the seating.

My pictures are too large - I'll work on editing and uploading them. Basically I had a straight shot view of the island to the right of the umbrella, and could look around the umbrella to see things happening SR of the island. A pain to have to sometimes switch my head position, but not the worst view. It would've been much better if they removed the umbrella completely.

We were explicitly told not to stand so we wouldn't block views of people behind us. While we were pretty far back on the patio, there were two groups seated directly and diagonally behind us. Managers went up to both tables immediately after the fireworks, unprompted, and asked for feedback. While both parties were kind in response and not angry, they each said they wouldn't return based on their view/overall value.

There were about 10 manager-type CMs on hand just in the RBT area. The CM waitstaff was mostly excellent - friendly, fast service. My picky friend was even able to get a side of kids mac & cheese substituted for something (even though meals were limited to what was on the special menu). My only gripe was getting the bill just as the show was starting, and having to settle up as I was trying to watch. That's on me - next time I'll ask for it as soon as we sit, since it's a set price anyway.

This was my first time eating at RBT, and with BB/CO/awesome snack options in DL, I probably won't go back. I liked the bacon string beans and bread, but $60 for bacon & string beans and mediocre pulled pork is not great. Corn chowder was meh. My friends liked the salad. I got the Maleficent dessert, which was super Instagram worthy but not my cup of tea. That said, the strawberry shortcake biscuit was awesome.

While my friends weren't disappointed that we booked the package, we all agreed that we wouldn't do it again in its current state. It was nice having reserved spots for Fantasmic!, Remember..., and being among the first to experience something new, but next time I'll force them to enjoy BB and sit in the pens.

Hi all! I did the RBT premium seating on opening night. Happy to share my review.

I initially booked RBT premium because of several reasons. My friends would be joining me after my D23 Expo weekend, and it was their first visit to Disneyland. They love Fantasmic at WDW, and I wanted to make sure they saw (I think, anyway) the superior version. I planned on being nearly dead by Monday night, exhausted from Thursday night/Friday/Saturday Expo madness and all-day Sunday touring at DCA, topped off with a Carthay Circle WOC package Sunday night. Plus we'd be waking up early to drive to LA and spend the rest of the week exploring other parts of Cali. My friends wanted to make sure we maxed out on attractions that Monday, so I figured combining dinner with a view was a win-win. Plus my one friend is INCREDIBLY picky and already nixed the BB menu, to my chagrin. I was slightly concerned about the seating after re-visiting the walkway/patio area, but was hoping there were enough CMs on hand opening night to assuage any issues after paying a premium price.

Our group of 3 got there at 7:40 after riding IJA, and saw about 20 folks in line ahead of us: one large group of 12, and some smaller groups. We were told that seating was pre-assigned, and no requests would be honored (because honestly, I'm sure every party would ask to be up against the rail, and there was only about 5 tables of 4-5). This ended up being somewhat true - while the large party was seated at multiple rail tables, some groups that arrived before us weren't seated at the rail.

After checking in, we were given lanyards and ushered inside to wait to be seated. We were generally seated in the order we arrived. My table was against the far rail on the left, three tables back from the front. Umbrellas were closed, but not removed -- this was ultimately my biggest issue with the seating.

My pictures are too large - I'll work on editing and uploading them. Basically I had a straight shot view of the island to the right of the umbrella, and could look around the umbrella to see things happening SR of the island. A pain to have to sometimes switch my head position, but not the worst view. It would've been much better if they removed the umbrella completely.

We were explicitly told not to stand so we wouldn't block views of people behind us. While we were pretty far back on the patio, there were two groups seated directly and diagonally behind us. Managers went up to both tables immediately after the fireworks, unprompted, and asked for feedback. While both parties were kind in response and not angry, they each said they wouldn't return based on their view/overall value.

There were about 10 manager-type CMs on hand just in the RBT area. The CM waitstaff was mostly excellent - friendly, fast service. My picky friend was even able to get a side of kids mac & cheese substituted for something (even though meals were limited to what was on the special menu). My only gripe was getting the bill just as the show was starting, and having to settle up as I was trying to watch. That's on me - next time I'll ask for it as soon as we sit, since it's a set price anyway.

This was my first time eating at RBT, and with BB/CO/awesome snack options in DL, I probably won't go back. I liked the bacon string beans and bread, but $60 for bacon & string beans and mediocre pulled pork is not great. Corn chowder was meh. My friends liked the salad. I got the Maleficent dessert, which was super Instagram worthy but not my cup of tea. That said, the strawberry shortcake biscuit was awesome.

While my friends weren't disappointed that we booked the package, we all agreed that we wouldn't do it again in its current state. It was nice having reserved spots for Fantasmic!, Remember..., and being among the first to experience something new, but next time I'll force them to enjoy BB and sit in the pens.
Thanks so much for your review! I've been waiting to see more reviews on this package because it's the one we have booked (mostly for the chairs). It's strange that they didn't remove the umbrellas because in pictures from another person's experience it looked like the umbrellas had been removed. It sounds like they aren't being very consistent in that respect. How was your view if the umbrellas had been removed? I'm hoping enough negative feedback will convince them to remove the umbrellas instead of just closing them. We aren't there till the middle of August so I'm hoping they'll have made some improvements by then. It sounds like they're open to feedback and learning as they go.

Thanks so much for your review! I've been waiting to see more reviews on this package because it's the one we have booked (mostly for the chairs). It's strange that they didn't remove the umbrellas because in pictures from another person's experience it looked like the umbrellas had been removed. It sounds like they aren't being very consistent in that respect. How was your view if the umbrellas had been removed? I'm hoping enough negative feedback will convince them to remove the umbrellas instead of just closing them. We aren't there till the middle of August so I'm hoping they'll have made some improvements by then. It sounds like they're open to feedback and learning as they go.

It's possible they fully removed umbrellas from the center tables (honestly don't remember), and not mine because it was up against the side wall. It was a pain to crane my neck to follow the action, but for the most part it was okay. The island wasn't blocked, so I was able to see Mickey v. Maleficent well, along with most scenes.

The walkway in front wasn't an issue - the walkway immediately to my left was a pain because people (not CMs) were yelling and it may have snapped me out of the moment once or twice.

It's possible they fully removed umbrellas from the center tables (honestly don't remember), and not mine because it was up against the side wall. It was a pain to crane my neck to follow the action, but for the most part it was okay. The island wasn't blocked, so I was able to see Mickey v. Maleficent well, along with most scenes.

The walkway in front wasn't an issue - the walkway immediately to my left was a pain because people (not CMs) were yelling and it may have snapped me out of the moment once or twice.
Thank you for the info!! :)

The Bf and I are visiting DL on Sept 9th - 12th. It will be my 2nd time and his 1st. I was looking into booking the Blue Bayou for the Fantasmic Dinner Package on Sept 9th. If anyone needs to cancel could you please shot me a msg and let me know. I would really like my Bf to experience both the restaurant and Fantasmic! Thanks in advance!

When we did the RBT premium package we actually asked the CM's to move the umbrellas and they did so with no hesitation.

I also didn't understand why they just left the closed umbrellas there for the premium seating experience. They definitely took up space and did not leave enough chair room between tables. So that's essentially why we asked them to move them. Hopefully they resolve this issue soon.

When we did the RBT premium package we actually asked the CM's to move the umbrellas and they did so with no hesitation.

I also didn't understand why they just left the closed umbrellas there for the premium seating experience. They definitely took up space and did not leave enough chair room between tables. So that's essentially why we asked them to move them. Hopefully they resolve this issue soon.
Good to know, thank you! It definitely doesn't make sense that they would leave them there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter