Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
Me and my 2 kids did the regular RBT dining package Monday night. Our reservation was at 5 and waited just a bit to be seated. We were seated inside but wished I had requested the terrace. I had the meat sandwich on gluten free bread and it was mostly good - some chunks of fat and it was greasy but I would eat it again. My daugter had the chicken kids meal and she ate it so it must have been ok but it was very plain. My son had the fish and he liked it.

As far as seating for the show went - as much as I tried to read in advance, I still did a bad job. We arrived at 8 but should have got there much earlier. There were already many people sitting in the area, many more towards the center I decided to take us to where there were fewer people but more to the side. I thought that my daughter would be able to see better if there weren't as many people in front but I think it would have been better to have a seat near the center because I was not impressed with the water projections - there were very fuzzy and my daughter still had a hard time seeing the lower parts of the show. If I had to do it over again, I would have lined up at 7 to 730.

Friday night we did the BB package at 420. Food was mostly good and service was really good too. We got to BB about 15 minutes early and I asked if we could sit near the water. Hostess said no problem and we didn't have to wait much longer than our reservation time. We were seated on the left side near a tree and it was really cool. I thought the surf and turf really good. My son wasn't feeling well and could only finished half his salmon but said it was ok. My daughter had the kids beef. I tasted it - tasted kind of funky to me.

Learing my lesson we lined up at 730- there were maybe 15 people in line then BUT 2 of them were saving places for 10 more adult sized people so we only got seats about 2/3 thirds the way down along the rail. Still the view was great as the projections for me were MUCH better. Personnally I didn't think the cushion was that much better than just sitting on the ground without one, but my backside doesn't get very sore anyway, I am fine with just the ground and was really glad to get to sit instead of stand a long time. That said, I really like the cushion because of the images printed on it, it's really cute. For those of you that haven't had a chance to get the cushion, I hope they don't stop giving them out for the regular BB package!

My take away - line up very early if you want a rail seat near the center as in 7 for RBT and a 715 to 730 for BB.

I will be going back in late September and I don't know if it is worth the great cost to do this again. We usually only get 2 quick service meals in the parks during a 4 day trip because I have a very tight budget but decided to splurge on these dining packages because we have never seen the show and heard how great it was and how hard it was to get a good view. When we were walking to line up near Harbor Galley, I saw people standing/waiting for the show along the back rail and am wondering if that might not be a good option for our next visit. Even if they have to wait 3 hours, it may be something I would consider. One thing about the table service restaurants is that it eats into park touring time - I can't remember why, but we spent about 75 minutes to 90 minutes for our dining experiences. And the food isn't worth the money even though I enjoyed it, and I just can't afford it. Anyone know how far in advance you have to nab a spot near the back railing? The railing I mean is the railing that surrounds some plants so you wouldn't have anyone directly in front of you for the show.

Last edited:
My family did the RBT dining package a week and a half ago. The food was terrible and the service was lacking. I had the pulled pork sandwich and it along with the sides all tasted the same. My husband had the ribs and said they were tender but the sauce wasn't good (and we are not picky eaters).
We were told to go to the viewing area at 8 pm for the first show. When we arrived like others mentioned, we had to pass by several cast members before getting to our area. Once we got to our area it was packed! I asked where my husband,son and I could sit. He pointed to this little space on the side however, once we got there we were told by another CM we could not sit there.
I had to take my son out to use the restroom as I was making my way out, a larger family was coming in. They asked the CM where to sit and my response was 'good luck, there is no room.' The CM felt that people were sitting too spread out (it did not appear that way to me).
Fortunately, when my son and I returned they openned up another area front and center. The crazy thing was I told the CM my husband was still sitting in the other area and his response to me was we can all sit apart- I called my husband over to sit with us. The veiw was amzing but I don't think it was worth the money.

Learning my lesson we lined up at 730- there were maybe 15 people in line then BUT 2 of them were saving places for 10 more adult sized people so we only got seats about 2/3 thirds the way down along the rail. Still the view was great as the projections for me were MUCH better. Personnally I didn't think the cushion was that much better than just sitting on the ground without one, but my backside doesn't get very sore anyway, I am fine with just the ground and was really glad to get to sit instead of stand a long time. That said, I really like the cushion because of the images printed on it, it's really cute. For those of you that haven't had a chance to get the cushion, I hope they don't stop giving them out for the regular BB package!

My take away - line up very early if you want a rail seat near the center as in 7 for RBT and a 715 to 730 for BB.

I will be going back in late September and I don't know if it is worth the great cost to do this again. We usually only get 2 quick service meals in the parks during a 4 day trip because I have a very tight budget but decided to splurge on these dining packages because we have never seen the show and heard how great it was and how hard it was to get a good view. When we were walking to line up near Harbor Galley, I saw people standing/waiting for the show along the back rail and am wondering if that might not be a good option for our next visit. Even if they have to wait 3 hours, it may be something I would consider. One thing about the table service restaurants is that it eats into park touring time - I can't remember why, but we spent about 75 minutes to 90 minutes for our dining experiences. And the food isn't worth the money even though I enjoyed it, and I just can't afford it. Anyone know how far in advance you have to nab a spot near the back railing? The railing I mean is the railing that surrounds some plants so you wouldn't have anyone directly in front of you for the show.

Wait, what?! You had two people saving seats for 10 other people? I would not have let that slide, that is ridiculous.

With the dining packages, you do get the perk of getting the closest viewing area while not having to show up at rope drop to get a FP. I have no experience with the surrounding standby areas, but if I had to guess i'd say around 6-6:30-ish for a guaranteed good view. I know that the stand by areas to the left of the dining sections have the first people trickle in around 7pm.

Wait, what?! You had two people saving seats for 10 other people? I would not have let that slide, that is ridiculous.

With the dining packages, you do get the perk of getting the closest viewing area while not having to show up at rope drop to get a FP. I have no experience with the surrounding standby areas, but if I had to guess i'd say around 6-6:30-ish for a guaranteed good view. I know that the stand by areas to the left of the dining sections have the first people trickle in around 7pm.
Yeah, about 30 minutes after I first showed up, some others in their party started showing up, they just kept coming! I thought it extreme too to save spots for so many others.

One thing I forgot to mention is that at the RBT seating, right next to us was a taped off area with some people sitting down. I was confused because I thought all the other dining packages were to the left of us so I asked one of them how it was they got to sit there. One man told me that he had a Mark Twain fast pass. I am still unclear of what that was/is. I thought you had to stand with all non-dining package fast passes? The taped off area wasn't nearly as big as the dining package areas. The back railing areas was't part of the fast pass area and people were only 1 deep, probably because the CMs kept it that way to keep the walk way open. It seemed like a good place because you could find an spot near the center and not have people right in front of you.

Yeah, about 30 minutes after I first showed up, some others in their party started showing up, they just kept coming! I thought it extreme too to save spots for so many others.

One thing I forgot to mention is that at the RBT seating, right next to us was a taped off area with some people sitting down. I was confused because I thought all the other dining packages were to the left of us so I asked one of them how it was they got to sit there. One man told me that he had a Mark Twain fast pass. I am still unclear of what that was/is. I thought you had to stand with all non-dining package fast passes? The taped off area wasn't nearly as big as the dining package areas. The back railing areas was't part of the fast pass area and people were only 1 deep, probably because the CMs kept it that way to keep the walk way open. It seemed like a good place because you could find an spot near the center and not have people right in front of you.
My first visit there was a small seated FP area to the right of RBT. My second it was standing. I think depends on the CMs and how crowded it is.

Reactions: rlp

We had regular FP on our trip last weekend and we were able to sit for the show. I think the first group of regular FPs gets to sit and then they make everybody else stand. I'm not sure when they cut it off, but we got in line at 9:45 for the second show.

ETA: Our return place to line up with the regular FP was the Mark Twain dock, so that's what he meant.

Me and my 2 kids did the regular RBT dining package Monday night. Our reservation was at 5 and waited just a bit to be seated. We were seated inside but wished I had requested the terrace. I had the meat sandwich on gluten free bread and it was mostly good - some chunks of fat and it was greasy but I would eat it again. My daugter had the chicken kids meal and she ate it so it must have been ok but it was very plain. My son had the fish and he liked it.

As far as seating for the show went - as much as I tried to read in advance, I still did a bad job. We arrived at 8 but should have got there much earlier. There were already many people sitting in the area, many more towards the center I decided to take us to where there were fewer people but more to the side. I thought that my daughter would be able to see better if there weren't as many people in front but I think it would have been better to have a seat near the center because I was not impressed with the water projections - there were very fuzzy and my daughter still had a hard time seeing the lower parts of the show. If I had to do it over again, I would have lined up at 7 to 730.

Am sorry you ended up having a bad view (especially when you paid $ for dining package). So for RBT, sounds like best view is centered.

One thing with your timing...I'm hoping when you say you should line up at 7pm, that your show wasn't for 9pm? That's 2hrs early!

Can't believe too that the people were saving seats for 10. Really doesn't seem fair.

Am sorry you ended up having a bad view (especially when you paid $ for dining package). So for RBT, sounds like best view is centered.

One thing with your timing...I'm hoping when you say you should line up at 7pm, that your show wasn't for 9pm? That's 2hrs early!

Can't believe too that the people were saving seats for 10. Really doesn't seem fair.

The show was for 9. The view for RBT was still good and I am sure better than most people had but I was expecting it to be better, I guess because it was the dining package and it is a pricey thing to do, plus I was litteraly sitting next to people who only got a regular fast pass and they also got to sit on the ground, so that stung a little. The BB view was much better. You don't have to line up at 7 but if you want a center rail seat then you'll need to line up before 8 for sure. For RBT, by 8, the people were about 6 rows deep near the center and about 2 to 3 rows deep of to the side. If not for my daughter who is young/short, it wouldn't have been a big deal to sit behind a lot of people. Don't get me wrong though, she was able to see more than she would have if standing. I was able to see the whole show, it was just that the water projections were not clear at all.

About saving places for many people: I see huge blankets spread out for the parades and fireworks with just one person there (sometime no one), so it must be common? It does seem a bit too much though for 2 people to save places for than many others.

Last edited:
We had regular FP on our trip last weekend and we were able to sit for the show. I think the first group of regular FPs gets to sit and then they make everybody else stand. I'm not sure when they cut it off, but we got in line at 9:45 for the second show.

ETA: Our return place to line up with the regular FP was the Mark Twain dock, so that's what he meant.
Thanks for the info! So the regular fast pass tickets say different areas on them? Is it like world of color, where blue is distributed first then yellow? Is there another thread on regular Fantasmic! fast passes? (I'll look, I don't want to be off topic)

Thanks for the info! So the regular fast pass tickets say different areas on them? Is it like world of color, where blue is distributed first then yellow? Is there another thread on regular Fantasmic! fast passes? (I'll look, I don't want to be off topic)

I have to be honest that I didn't pay much attention. I just know it said to return to the Mark Twain dock between 10-10:30. We went back around 9:45 and already a pretty large group waiting. It filled quickly after that.

We did Blue Bayou last night. The food was excellent and we lined up for our seats right before 8pm. This turned out to be overkill, we were first in line when they let everyone through, but we did get front and center seats along the railing. Once we sat down we realized there were only about 10 people in our section haha, the two sections on either side of us were jam-packed. People started filling in closer to show time, but the in blue bayou section everyone still had plenty of leg room and spaces between the groups.

***SHOW SPOILERS***

The new show is pretty good, they took out a couple parts I wasn't too fond of like the Pinocchio puppet part, but they left in the creepy Elephant part which I HATE! :( They left the monkeys, which I loved, but they changed the music and the dance and the costumes! So basically they messed up that part too :( The Aladdin addition was very cool and the Lion King addition was cool. I loved that Rapunzel and Flynn were in the princess part with their song too. The Jack Sparrow on the pirate ship was pretty cool, I'm not sure if I prefer it over Peter Pan yet.. Maybe one more try and I'll know.

One change that was weird to me was at the very end when Sorcerer mickey is up top and the fireworks are going crazy then he disappears and with a flash he reappears in a suit below and says "some imagination huh?!" Then BAM! Huge loud fireworks finale, awesome. NOW, he disappears and reappears below in the suit and he starts whistling a couple bars of something, was in small world? Then he stops whistling and says "some imagination huh?!" and the fireworks go off, but they aren't nearly as thundering as they were before at the end. What was with that pointless whistling part? It really took away from the "some imagination" part in my opinion..

The show was for 9. The view for RBT was still good and I am sure better than most people had but I was expecting it to be better, I guess because it was the dining package and it is a pricey thing to do, plus I was litteraly sitting next to people who only got a regular fast pass and they also got to sit on the ground, so that stung a little. The BB view was much better. You don't have to line up at 7 but if you want a center rail seat then you'll need to line up before 8 for sure. For RBT, by 8, the people were about 6 rows deep near the center and about 2 to 3 rows deep of to the side. If not for my daughter who is young/short, it wouldn't have been a big deal to sit behind a lot of people. Don't get me wrong though, she was able to see more than she would have if standing. I was able to see the whole show, it was just that the water projections were not clear at all.

About saving places for many people: I see huge blankets spread out for the parades and fireworks with just one person there (sometime no one), so it must be common? It does seem a bit too much though for 2 people to save places for than many others.

Ugh...coming with 2 kids so not good to hear. Lining up 2hrs before when you have a dining package makes it seem like there is no point and should just get a FP (but we're coming labor day weekend so we went for dining vs FP as it's supposed to be quite busy). That is a shame that your DD couldn't see the projections.

I thought too that since you're sitting, that sitting front row by the rail isn't necessarily a good thing. Haven't been there but thought some had mentioned that.

One change that was weird to me was at the very end when Sorcerer mickey is up top and the fireworks are going crazy then he disappears and with a flash he reappears in a suit below and says "some imagination huh?!" Then BAM! Huge loud fireworks finale, awesome. NOW, he disappears and reappears below in the suit and he starts whistling a couple bars of something, was in small world? Then he stops whistling and says "some imagination huh?!" and the fireworks go off, but they aren't nearly as thundering as they were before at the end. What was with that pointless whistling part? It really took away from the "some imagination" part in my opinion..

FYI, Mickey is whistling the tune from The Sorcerer's Apprentice, which ties it to the beginning of the show.

The regular FP section has a really small seated section alongside the RBT section. It depends on how early you start lining up for the show, as once it gets full to a certain point the remaining people have to stand.

A two hour wait is nothing compared to the non-FP Fantasmic.

Before Fantasmic went down, there were three different areas for regular FP-holders. With Yellow being along the waterfront, Green being on the bridge on top of the entrance to Pirates, and Blue being in front of the Haunted Mansion. There has not been a lot of information on offer since the return of the show, as the only regular FP area I am 100% sure of is the section next to the RBT section.

Yes, a few of the fireworks were reworked. The louder green fireworks now go off when Maleficent is defeated, and not as many fireworks are shot off during the ending segment.

Reactions: rlp
Have been checking for a BB dining package for about 3 weeks to no avail, just scored a 6pm first showing for this Saturday.pixiedust:

Ugh...coming with 2 kids so not good to hear. Lining up 2hrs before when you have a dining package makes it seem like there is no point and should just get a FP (but we're coming labor day weekend so we went for dining vs FP as it's supposed to be quite busy). That is a shame that your DD couldn't see the projections.

I thought too that since you're sitting, that sitting front row by the rail isn't necessarily a good thing. Haven't been there but thought some had mentioned that.
We might have been in a flat spot, I think some it slopes up more and would be better for viewing, but I didn't pay much attention to that. I didn't think of it at the time, but maybe I could have had my daughter sit on my lap. It's still a good show even if you can't see all the water projections really well - they'll probably really like seeing Mickey, Aladin and Jasmin, the ships of characters, the dragon, the lasers/lights and other projections that are higher up. Don't stress too much over it, though I would choose center if there are already a few rows of people in RBT area, even if there are more people clustered near the center versus the side, only choose the side if you can get next to the rail. It is hard to know the best strategy before going but it'll still be a good experience, especially if you have not seen the show. Would I pay that much again? Probably not, though I see a value in doing it once or twice a year if you can afford it. Or more, if you have even more funds and won't miss the money too much. It also depends on how much you love the show. I really liked it, but probably not a lot more than the fireworks in front of the castle, or Paint the Night parade or the Christmas version of World of Color or Illuminations in Epcot. I never paid for a dining package with any of those and still got to have good views of them (but had to wait up to 2 hours for some), so it also depends on how much you enjoy Fantasmic! for whether or not the money will be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!