Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
My mom is handicapped and can't stand for the entirety of Fantasmic. Which packages include seating!
All of the dining packages have seating but it is on the ground. There are no options for sitting in chairs except for VIPs. If she is in a wheelchair she can remain sitting in it at the back of the section. Get there early though, and check with a CM because they may allow you to enter through the side by pirates (easier than getting all the way to Harbor Galley).

Ugh...coming with 2 kids so not good to hear. Lining up 2hrs before when you have a dining package makes it seem like there is no point and should just get a FP (but we're coming labor day weekend so we went for dining vs FP as it's supposed to be quite busy). That is a shame that your DD couldn't see the projections.

I thought too that since you're sitting, that sitting front row by the rail isn't necessarily a good thing. Haven't been there but thought some had mentioned that.
I forgot to include that if you are right next to the rail, little kids can easily get really close when the show starts and look between the rails. The railing didn't bother me too much when I sat next to it in the BB section. There is no perfect seat unless maybe you are very tall/have a long torso and can see easily over others and are seated far enough back on the slope to see over the railing. Is your dining package the first day of your visit? If not, maybe you can scope out the area first and decide wether to cancel or not, though I think you should try it out. I know it is a lot of money but I think you'll find value in it. Things also depend on your kids, would they like sitting and relaxing for an hour before the show? My kids don't mind sitting for an hour or more if they have something to play with or talk about. You'll get let in the reserved area between 8 and 815 (can't remember exactly) and then you'll be able sit. Before that, you'll be in a line so that is tougher for kids but some do ok. At least it shouldn't be really hot that time of day and year plus some of the waiting in the line area is shaded. Will you be the only adult? If not, you could have one of the kids go off with one of you and then take turns so they don't get too bored. I don't really have that option though my son is old enough to wait alone with my daughter if I have to use the restroom for a few minutes.

My mom is handicapped and can't stand for the entirety of Fantasmic. Which packages include seating!
You can have a seated dinner at the RBT and stay in your seats for the show. It's $15 more per head. (But I think BBT is closed for a short period in the next little while so it would pay to check you dates.)

We might have been in a flat spot, I think some it slopes up more and would be better for viewing, but I didn't pay much attention to that. I didn't think of it at the time, but maybe I could have had my daughter sit on my lap. It's still a good show even if you can't see all the water projections really well - they'll probably really like seeing Mickey, Aladin and Jasmin, the ships of characters, the dragon, the lasers/lights and other projections that are higher up. Don't stress too much over it, though I would choose center if there are already a few rows of people in RBT area, even if there are more people clustered near the center versus the side, only choose the side if you can get next to the rail. It is hard to know the best strategy before going but it'll still be a good experience, especially if you have not seen the show. Would I pay that much again? Probably not, though I see a value in doing it once or twice a year if you can afford it. Or more, if you have even more funds and won't miss the money too much. It also depends on how much you love the show. I really liked it, but probably not a lot more than the fireworks in front of the castle, or Paint the Night parade or the Christmas version of World of Color or Illuminations in Epcot. I never paid for a dining package with any of those and still got to have good views of them (but had to wait up to 2 hours for some), so it also depends on how much you enjoy Fantasmic! for whether or not the money will be worth it.

Thanks so much rlp. Really appreciate the feedback and you sharing your experience. We've seen Fantasmic once at WDW but it's our first DL trip. We are a 'show' family so really enjoy the evening performances. Will definitely take your advice and aim for centre...and further back vs on the side (unless at the rail). Think we'll aim for 1h early (maybe a bit more) and hope for the best as I can't see our kids (or DH) lining up 2 hrs. I do like how the show is followed by fireworks so you already have your spot.

As far as seating for the show went - as much as I tried to read in advance, I still did a bad job. We arrived at 8 but should have got there much earlier. There were already many people sitting in the area, many more towards the center I decided to take us to where there were fewer people but more to the side. I thought that my daughter would be able to see better if there weren't as many people in front but I think it would have been better to have a seat near the center because I was not impressed with the water projections - there were very fuzzy and my daughter still had a hard time seeing the lower parts of the show. If I had to do it over again, I would have lined up at 7 to 730.

These reports show how much the experience can vary. We got in line at almost exactly 8 p.m. for the 9 p.m. show. My kid's challenges with waiting in line were one reason that we got the package, and I was not focused on getting the perfect spot. At 8:15 p.m., the line was let in, tickets were checked, and everyone was directed to the area for their restaurant. We were one of the very first RBT families and ended up at the rail, near the center of the RBT section. The area filled up over the next half hour. I can't think of any factors that would have made people line up later that night (weather, etc.), except possibly confusion about where to line up.

I do think that, in general at DL/DCA, people get in line when they see the line forming -- so the timing can vary a lot from night to night, depending on how soon a few groups start forming the line. We saw this at DCA the night before, when a long line for the WOC dessert party formed much earlier than I expected based on past reviews.

Reactions: rlp
I may have already ask this but never saw a response. For the River Belle Terrace premium seating if you are a single or a group of 2, do you share a table or do you get it to yourself?

I may have already ask this but never saw a response. For the River Belle Terrace premium seating if you are a single or a group of 2, do you share a table or do you get it to yourself?
I am guessing that while you dine you get a table to yourself, but when it is time for the show they may squeeze people together near the railing.

My daughter and I got our own table and I saw other parties of 2 at their own table as well.

I am guessing that while you dine you get a table to yourself, but when it is time for the show they may squeeze people together near the railing.
At our RBT Premium Seating there was no squeezing at the railing. Everyone stayed at their table, maybe shifted slightly to improve their view, but only the railing tables got to sit at the railing. Everyone was pretty respectful of each other.

My daughter and I got our own table and I saw other parties of 2 at their own table as well.
This is good to hear. My Disneyland trips are in general solo trips now. And I am "old" now so sitting on the ground to watch doesn't appeal to me at all. Over priced seated options are the only way I want to watch this & World of Color, where the dessert party replaces dinner that night.

This is good to hear. My Disneyland trips are in general solo trips now. And I am "old" now so sitting on the ground to watch doesn't appeal to me at all. Over priced seated options are the only way I want to watch this & World of Color, where the dessert party replaces dinner that night.
I totally agree!! I'm not sure if you're aware, but the WOC dessert party will seat you with another small party if it's sold out. We sat with another mom/daughter duo at the dessert party last week.

Are you permitted to stand at the back of the seating area at RBT for the premium seating? I can't sit for too long....or stand for too long:sad2:

I've gone ahead and created this map of the current seating positions for all the dining packages, along with some of the regular FP/stand by viewing locations.
f_dining.png

1)Dining Package Entrance/Stand By Viewing Area
2)Hungry Bear Seating Area
3)Blue Bayou Seating Area
4)River Belle Terrace Seating Area
5)Regular FP Area - Only those in the blue box get to remain seated, all others are standing.
6)River Belle Terrace Premium Viewing Package

Hope this can be of assistance with anyone with questions about the area layout. While section #5 on the map may look big, there are trees in the area which limits the amount of people that can fit. All outlines are approximate and not necessarily right up to scale.
When I did the Hungry Bear dining package July 28, we were seated almost front and center where the far right of #3 is. Just FYI. Not sure where you got this info or if it has changed since then...

When I did the Hungry Bear dining package July 28, we were seated almost front and center where the far right of #3 is. Just FYI. Not sure where you got this info or if it has changed since then...

It has changed since the end of July and is probably still in flux. We just saw F! this past weekend, and the HB section section was contained in what is section #2 on the map. No one from the HB section was allowed into the BB (#3) section that night. The areas were clearly taped and roped off. But it wouldn't surprise me if the sections change according to how crowded each section is expected to be per show each night, especially when F! moves to weekends only.

It has changed since the end of July and is probably still in flux. We just saw F! this past weekend, and the HB section section was contained in what is section #2 on the map. No one from the HB section was allowed into the BB (#3) section that night. The areas were clearly taped and roped off. But it wouldn't surprise me if the sections change according to how crowded each section is expected to be per show each night, especially when F! moves to weekends only.
Wow that is very interesting and kind of sucks too for people who want to plan ahead... I guess if you want front and center the only way to go is with BB or RBT. Thanks for the update.

... I guess if you want front and center the only way to go is with BB or RBT. Thanks for the update.

Actually, if you get to the HB section early and sit in the front rows closest to the BB section (so furthest to the right of section #2 on the map), you will be fairly center in your view. We saw people waiting and heading for those spots with great determination. After they sat down, we figured out why they knew they wanted to sit there. Their view was pretty good, especially in light of the price paid compared to the price of the package paid just one seat over the tape to their right in section #3.

Wait, what?! You had two people saving seats for 10 other people? I would not have let that slide, that is ridiculous.

With the dining packages, you do get the perk of getting the closest viewing area while not having to show up at rope drop to get a FP. I have no experience with the surrounding standby areas, but if I had to guess i'd say around 6-6:30-ish for a guaranteed good view. I know that the stand by areas to the left of the dining sections have the first people trickle in around 7pm.
Yeah I remember when we went to get seated for F! the CM specifically asked if all members of our party were present. Are they no longer doing this? They shouldn't allow a minority of people to save that many seats front and center. That's crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter