Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
Does anyone know if there is a specific step to book the River Bell Terrace premium seating at 8 pm? I'm looking right now at reservations for 11/24 but there aren't any options for 8 pm. I'm hoping to book it for our trip in Dec when those reservations become available.

Does anyone know if there is a specific step to book the River Bell Terrace premium seating at 8 pm? I'm looking right now at reservations for 11/24 but there aren't any options for 8 pm. I'm hoping to book it for our trip in Dec when those reservations become available.

You have to call in and specifically ask for the premium seating package, it is not available online.

Thanks Curlyxz! I've been reading so many reports on here about people lining up 1+ hours before the show, even with dining packages. We'll be in the parks during the busy Christmas rush in late December. So I think doing the premium package and having a seat will work better for us than waiting in a long line. Hopefully will see some reports of others doing this premium package once it's available again in Nov.

Thanks Curlyxz! I've been reading so many reports on here about people lining up 1+ hours before the show, even with dining packages. We'll be in the parks during the busy Christmas rush in late December. So I think doing the premium package and having a seat will work better for us than waiting in a long line. Hopefully will see some reports of others doing this premium package once it's available again in Nov.

No problem! I don't see why they would get rid of the premium seating, it was fully booked up to two weeks out at one point! The service should be better as well since the interior is getting reworked to better fit a sit-down restaurant.

Any info on the hungry bear package? Fiancé and I are making a quick trip next weekend and hungry bear was the only fantasmic option with an open reservation so I booked it.

Any info on the hungry bear package? Fiancé and I are making a quick trip next weekend and hungry bear was the only fantasmic option with an open reservation so I booked it.
We have it booked for Monday. When we called about the menu the CM told us we could order anything we wanted from the regular menu (not just the options they have). We originally had Cafe Orleans booked but with the mediocre reviews and the fact that we have two kids (who aren't great at sitting through meals) and three picky eaters, we decided to opt for Hungry Bear. I'll report back on what we think!

We have it booked for Monday. When we called about the menu the CM told us we could order anything we wanted from the regular menu (not just the options they have). We originally had Cafe Orleans booked but with the mediocre reviews and the fact that we have two kids (who aren't great at sitting through meals) and three picky eaters, we decided to opt for Hungry Bear. I'll report back on what we think!
Oh I love hearing that you can order off the regular menu! I wonder how that works though? Like entree, side, drink? The meal options for the package didn't look appealing to DF or I, but I did it more for the fastpasses. So if we can order regular food (like a burger and fries), that'd be ideal!

Can't wait to hear your experience!

I really wish Hungry Bear had vegetarian options on their regular menu. The mushroom and leek frittata does not sound appetizing to me at all. Ugh, who comes up with these vegetarian options?!

Oh I love hearing that you can order off the regular menu! I wonder how that works though? Like entree, side, drink? The meal options for the package didn't look appealing to DF or I, but I did it more for the fastpasses. So if we can order regular food (like a burger and fries), that'd be ideal!

Can't wait to hear your experience!
This isn’t our plan too! We have planned to do a dining but since none of the menus appealed to us we are opting for HB and ordering the regular menu (we eat there at least 2 times each trip anyway lol). I’m so happy this is an option as we are picky eaters and the menus were no gos for our family.

So wait.... you can order off the regular Hungry Bear menu for Fantasmic? I was hoping to do that one instead of the pricier options, but my daughter didn't like a single thing on the menu.

Yes, you can order off the regular menu. I've only read of one other person getting denied that ability, but that was around the first few weeks that F! returned and it may have been through miscommunication. During my last experience, even the CM helping me said I could order off the regular menu as well. The CM's do remind you that even though you're ordering off the regular menu you still have to pay the $30. A majority of items on the regular menu are burgers/sandwiches, with the option of fries/apples/etc. You get to order a fountain drink as well.

The CM's do remind you that even though you're ordering off the regular menu you still have to pay the $30. A majority of items on the regular menu are burgers/sandwiches, with the option of fries/apples/etc. You get to order a fountain drink as well.
Yep, the CM on the phone noted this as well. I look at it as $15-20 for dinner and $10 for reserved show tickets. With pickier eaters and fidgety kids this looks to be a good option for us. I'll report back early next week on our experience. We leave tomorrow, cannot wait!

Yes, you can order off the regular menu. I've only read of one other person getting denied that ability, but that was around the first few weeks that F! returned and it may have been through miscommunication. During my last experience, even the CM helping me said I could order off the regular menu as well. The CM's do remind you that even though you're ordering off the regular menu you still have to pay the $30. A majority of items on the regular menu are burgers/sandwiches, with the option of fries/apples/etc. You get to order a fountain drink as well.

If we can get a burger, fries, and drink with the package we will be super happy campers! You spend a good $20 for that anyway, so $30 to get the meal and fastpasses seems decent to me! Super excited!

Oh thank goodness! I was not excited about any of the options and definitely not about kale salad. I'm so happy I read these boards :)

Just to be clear, can you order off the regular menu at the BB and RBT as well? Or is that just at HB? I need to know the deal so I can sit down and go over all the options again. I was having trouble picking something my semi-picky teen will eat.

Reporting back, we did the Fantasmic Hungry Bear fantasmic to go dinner last night. No problem with exchanging food. DH got the BBQ chicken on menu, I got a burger, kids got the Mickey Check meal and the Toddler Mac and cheese. Food was just ok, but the show passes made it worth it. Great views and such a cool show! We got lined up right at 8 to be seated and we are glad we did. It was packed in like sardines by 8:30. We were able to sit the whole time though. Pricey but we are so glad we did it because none of us had seen the show before. We will be back!

Not sure if this was posted but hope it helps everyone
fantasmic-copy-2.png

for anyone needing more information on all restaurants this site had very extensive reviews

Bluebayou
https://disneylanddaily.com/blue-bayou-fantasmic-review/

Hungry bear
https://disneylanddaily.com/hungry-bear-fantasmic-on-the-go-review/

River Belle
https://disneylanddaily.com/river-belle-terrace-fantasmic-review/

Comprehensive overall article
https://disneylanddaily.com/fantasmic-at-disneyland-everything-you-need-to-know/

I wanted to report back on our experience at Cafe Orleans this past Saturday, 10/7. To put things in perspective, we did the BB dining package back with the old version of F! We really enjoyed it, so decided to try CO for the new version of the show.

I called to make dining reservations. They could not accommodate our party of 6, but told me I could make 2 separate reservations for parties of 3...both at 6:40. I was told that I should speak to the restaurant when they opened to see if they could put the 2 tables together for us. I was also asked if we were celebrating anything (yes...a birthday and an anniversary), and if there were any dietary restrictions (yes...one vegetarian and one person with food allergies). I further explained that the vegetarian was 12 years old, and was not interested in the Monte Cristo. I asked if she could just have pasta marinara (from the Chicken & Pasta dish on the kid's menu) in an adult size. I was told that this could be done...just request it once we arrived at the restaurant.

I went to the hostess stand at lunch time, and was told that I could only request that our party be seated together once we actually checked in for our dinner reservation. I did just that, and was told that it would be no problem. We were seated pretty promptly...but things went downhill from there:

- The server was unaware that we had people in our party with food restrictions. When we told her, she brought us the "allergy" menu, which was the same as the regular menu. The only difference was that this version specified which dishes were good for specific allergies.

- We asked for pasta for the vegetarian, but were told that this is no longer on the menu. The server said that pasta used to be on the menu, but not anymore. The only vegetarian options were the Monte Cristo and the kid's Mac & Cheese. The person in our party did not care for either one of those, but she ate a little bit and didn't complain. They would *not* let her get a kid's version of the meal even though she wan't going to eat the food anyway.

- The service was terrible. It took forever to get the starters. Once we got them, neither of the kids in our party received the ranch dressing to go with their crudite. The entrees came out next, about 2 minutes after the salads. Then the ranch dressing eventually arrived. The timing was completely off. The food was not good, in my opinion. The service was not good either.

- Neither the birthday nor anniversary we were celebrating were ever acknowledged or recognized in any way. Why do they ask you about food allergies and special occasions if that information is not getting passed along to the restaurant?

The positives: we asked if we could have beignets instead of the F! desserts, and that was no problem. We were also asked which show we wanted our FP's for -- we were told 10:30 show when we made the dinner reservations, but our server seemed happy to give us whichever show we preferred. The F! seating area for CO was excellent, and it was not very crowded (perhaps because we went to the late show).

I've attached the kid's menu because I wasn't able to find it posted anywhere else. Hope this helps someone else.

Attachments

• IMG_7790.JPG
    IMG_7790.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 32
I wanted to report back on our experience at Cafe Orleans this past Saturday, 10/7. To put things in perspective, we did the BB dining package back with the old version of F! We really enjoyed it, so decided to try CO for the new version of the show.

I called to make dining reservations. They could not accommodate our party of 6, but told me I could make 2 separate reservations for parties of 3...both at 6:40. I was told that I should speak to the restaurant when they opened to see if they could put the 2 tables together for us. I was also asked if we were celebrating anything (yes...a birthday and an anniversary), and if there were any dietary restrictions (yes...one vegetarian and one person with food allergies). I further explained that the vegetarian was 12 years old, and was not interested in the Monte Cristo. I asked if she could just have pasta marinara (from the Chicken & Pasta dish on the kid's menu) in an adult size. I was told that this could be done...just request it once we arrived at the restaurant.

I went to the hostess stand at lunch time, and was told that I could only request that our party be seated together once we actually checked in for our dinner reservation. I did just that, and was told that it would be no problem. We were seated pretty promptly...but things went downhill from there:

- The server was unaware that we had people in our party with food restrictions. When we told her, she brought us the "allergy" menu, which was the same as the regular menu. The only difference was that this version specified which dishes were good for specific allergies.

- We asked for pasta for the vegetarian, but were told that this is no longer on the menu. The server said that pasta used to be on the menu, but not anymore. The only vegetarian options were the Monte Cristo and the kid's Mac & Cheese. The person in our party did not care for either one of those, but she ate a little bit and didn't complain. They would *not* let her get a kid's version of the meal even though she wan't going to eat the food anyway.

- The service was terrible. It took forever to get the starters. Once we got them, neither of the kids in our party received the ranch dressing to go with their crudite. The entrees came out next, about 2 minutes after the salads. Then the ranch dressing eventually arrived. The timing was completely off. The food was not good, in my opinion. The service was not good either.

- Neither the birthday nor anniversary we were celebrating were ever acknowledged or recognized in any way. Why do they ask you about food allergies and special occasions if that information is not getting passed along to the restaurant?

The positives: we asked if we could have beignets instead of the F! desserts, and that was no problem. We were also asked which show we wanted our FP's for -- we were told 10:30 show when we made the dinner reservations, but our server seemed happy to give us whichever show we preferred. The F! seating area for CO was excellent, and it was not very crowded (perhaps because we went to the late show).

I've attached the kid's menu because I wasn't able to find it posted anywhere else. Hope this helps someone else.
For the late show was all fining together still or all 3 seperate? Thanks for the review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!