Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
I have a tipping question. 4 of us are looking to have the BB Fan dining experience. I typically am a 20% tipper for the wait staff. This would be about a $56 tip... for a super simple menu choice! Don't want to be a cheapskate here, but wouldn't a tip on what the food would cost ($28 tip, or so) be more appropriate? Thoughts?
I am not familiar with the BB Fan dining experience? What are you paying for other than food? FWIW, I tip based on food and drink cost.

I was just able to move our BB Fantasmic! DP to Friday at 5:10 PM. Which is earlier than I wanted but much better than eating at 9:10 PM. I am thinking about skipping the nap this day and just finishing the day out after the fireworks since we're now at the earlier show for Fantasmic! The only other negative is that I was kind of liking the fact that we would be at the later show from everyone saying how crowded the first show is. But I am grateful as I have been able to move our reservations from the HB F! to 9:10 PM F! to now being 5:10PM. I may try again tomorrow and see if I can get a 6-ish one just to possibly get that nap in there but again, super grateful.

I was referring to the Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining Experience. Its $69 a person I believe? At 20%, that is a hefty tip. Was just wondering what folks have done in the past.

I was referring to the Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining Experience. Its $69 a person I believe? At 20%, that is a hefty tip. Was just wondering what folks have done in the past.
I think if you added up the value of the food a la carte it would be fairly close to the prix fix price of the F! package. I had ordered the surf and turf and that is priced at 52 on the menu plus the drinks, app, desert, - mine probably added up to at least the price of the package. When we did it, I didn't think about the non-food part of the package and went with tipping the 20% because we had excellent service by a few of the staff, from the person who seated us to all the people who got us our drinks, food, take out containers, seat cushions, etc.... Prices on food are inflated there but that is part of eating at Blue Bayou. Hope I was looking at the issue the way you meant it.

Here is my experience doing the Hungry Bear F! package for the second show on Nov. 20th. I was expecting the process to be quick but it took a very long time from the time we checked in to the time we got our food - it was maybe a 40 minute wait or more and there weren't that many people in front of us, maybe 8 to 10 families. We went to Hungry Bear earlier than our reservation at 7 because I wanted to avoid us standing in line while dark. After some asking around, they permitted us to order our food earlier than second show reservations but would still give us the second show fast passes. The food was ok/edible. My daughter liked her bbq chicken, the salmon I had was moist though not that flavorable and my son didn't enjoy the wrap much (he ordered from the regular menu). The reason why we wanted the second show was so we could see the fireworks in front of the castle. I have seen the fireworks at the F! dining package area and wasn't that impressed. So right after the fireworks ended (which ended up being somewhat dissapointing since they didn't have any special projections on the castle as I remember last year) at around 9:45 or so, we headed right over to Harbor Galley to line up. There weren't many people yet in line for Hungry Bear. When we were let in we were directed to sit in the designated areas, we were not permitted to sit in the BB or CO areas. In other words, the dining packages were not mixed up for the second show as I read some here experienced. We got seats (didn't have to stand at all) to the far right, next to BB and a bit back from the railing. It wasn't crowded and I think our view was pretty good, so I would definitely do this again.

Last edited:
Here is my experience doing the Hungry Bear F! package for the second show on Nov. 20th. I was expecting the process to be quick but it took a very long time from the time we checked in to the time we got our food - it was maybe a 40 minute wait or more and there weren't that many people in front of us, maybe 8 to 10 families. We went to Hungry Bear earlier than our reservation at 7 because I wanted to avoid us standing in line while dark. After some asking around, they permitted us to order our food earlier than second show reservations but would still give us the second show fast passes. The food was ok/edible. My daughter liked her bbq chicken, the salmon I had was moist though not that flavorable and my son didn't enjoy the wrap much (he ordered from the regular menu). The reason why we wanted the second show was so we could see the fireworks in front of the castle. I have seen the fireworks at the F! dining package area and wasn't that impressed. So right after the fireworks ended (which ended up being somewhat dissapointing since they didn't have any special projections on the castle as I remember last year) at around 9:45 or so, we headed right over to Harbor Galley to line up. There weren't many people yet in line for Hungry Bear. When we were let in we were directed to sit in the designated areas, we were not permitted to sit in the BB or CO areas. In other words, the dining packages were not mixed up for the second show as I read some here experienced. We got seats (didn't have to stand at all) to the far right, next to BB and a bit back from the railing. It wasn't crowded and I think our view was pretty good, so I would definitely do this again.
Did you go to the normal HB line or is there a separate place for F! Packages?

Was just looking at Yelp to see if there were any reviews of the Riverbelle since it has been back open. There were 6, and ALL were one stars. None of them were for the Premium dining where you stay at your table, but 6 of 6 reviews being only one star is not terribly promising.

Was just looking at Yelp to see if there were any reviews of the Riverbelle since it has been back open. There were 6, and ALL were one stars. None of them were for the Premium dining where you stay at your table, but 6 of 6 reviews being only one star is not terribly promising.
Yea I saw that too. I think i will keep my reservation but book a back up somewhere else just in case the reviews are very bad. I do think that some of the people reviewing on yelp did not know exactly what they were paying for and were expecting a lot more because of the price they paid.

We were initially not going to see Fantasmic or WoC. I chose to do Fantasmic because of the premium dinner where we can sit. For us is more of a I know we are going to eat somewhere anyways so might as well catch the show while we eat. But if the food is not that great then i might cancel our reservation.

Yea I saw that too. I think i will keep my reservation but book a back up somewhere else just in case the reviews are very bad. I do think that some of the people reviewing on yelp did not know exactly what they were paying for and were expecting a lot more because of the price they paid.

We were initially not going to see Fantasmic or WoC. I chose to do Fantasmic because of the premium dinner where we can sit. For us is more of a I know we are going to eat somewhere anyways so might as well catch the show while we eat. But if the food is not that great then i might cancel our reservation.

I am supposed to do the package next week , but not sure if I will or not. Would like to hear some experiences with the Premium package. I know some people on here were supposed to do it. But sometimes people get all excited and post before their trips, but never report back for various reasons, whether it be they are too busy, got sick, etc. But hoping someone may post their experience before the end of next week, hopefully a more positive on than the Yelpers.

I found this on YouTube - not too much about the food on the video, but the show seems as if it's barely visible! Are you really that far away?

We had a River Bell dining package on Saturday 12-2. Our time was 6:40p but we were able to get in at 5:30. We had the chowder, salad, chicken and the ribs. All very good. We were asked what show we wanted and picked 9. We wanted an earlier time due to wanting to see the 7:45 Candlelight show. We arrived to the Fantasmic area at 8:45 and had plenty of room to sit and stretch our legs. We had to sit at the back of the area but that was good for us. The area wasn't full and had lots of space.

We had a River Bell dining package on Saturday 12-2. Our time was 6:40p but we were able to get in at 5:30. We had the chowder, salad, chicken and the ribs. All very good. We were asked what show we wanted and picked 9. We wanted an earlier time due to wanting to see the 7:45 Candlelight show. We arrived to the Fantasmic area at 8:45 and had plenty of room to sit and stretch our legs. We had to sit at the back of the area but that was good for us. The area wasn't full and had lots of space.
We were there that night in the back of that same section. We actually had space around us until right close to show time when all sorts of people walking behind the section started ducking under the ropes. It was unbelievable. I felt like I was defending my space in front of the castle watching fireworks. It really diminished the experience for me. The CM's tried and sent many of them packing, but once the show started, they just gave up and we got squeezed all around. It really makes me regret the overpriced dinner.

We were there that night in the back of that same section. We actually had space around us until right close to show time when all sorts of people walking behind the section started ducking under the ropes. It was unbelievable. I felt like I was defending my space in front of the castle watching fireworks. It really diminished the experience for me. The CM's tried and sent many of them packing, but once the show started, they just gave up and we got squeezed all around. It really makes me regret the overpriced dinner.
That really stinks. It’s a shame that people would do that. I would have been really upset too and probably complained to a CM or two or guest services after the show was over.

We sat towards the middle of the BB section on Sunday (26) and felt we had plenty of room. We didn’t get there crazy early - I’d say 8:30. View was great. We did like being a little farther back so the railing wasn’t in the way and we didn’t get misted from the water screens as much as when we sat up front. The cushions are really nice to have too. I’m always a little underwhelmed by the meal at BB but I love the show combo. The desserts are all delicious though. I liked the new show too. I will definitely do a meal whenever we want to see Fantasmic but I am contemplating doing RBT or HB next time as we have done BB twice.

That really stinks. It’s a shame that people would do that. I would have been really upset too and probably complained to a CM or two or guest services after the show was over.

We sat towards the middle of the BB section on Sunday (26) and felt we had plenty of room. We didn’t get there crazy early - I’d say 8:30. View was great. We did like being a little farther back so the railing wasn’t in the way and we didn’t get misted from the water screens as much as when we sat up front. The cushions are really nice to have too. I’m always a little underwhelmed by the meal at BB but I love the show combo. The desserts are all delicious though. I liked the new show too. I will definitely do a meal whenever we want to see Fantasmic but I am contemplating doing RBT or HB next time as we have done BB twice.
We were in a hurry to leave after the show to beat the crowd out before fireworks were over since we still had to pack up to leave the next morning and wanted to hit EE at 7 AM. But I plan to write an email in the next couple of days. I was actually happy to find the Main Street bypass open for an easier exit.

Other than fighting the crowds coming under the rope, I liked being farther back so the railing wasn't in the way. We sat up front by the railing last time we were there (a couple years ago).

Just an update. I did write an email. I got a canned email response thanking me for my input.

They don't care. So just know going into it that unless you are seated on the ground near the front insulated by others on the dining package, you might end up in hand to hand combat to protect your spot.

Wait so did you get to keep the cushion? Were you hauling around a cushion the rest of the night?
You can throw it away. When I got my 2, I already had a large plastic bag from the gift shops and I put it in there. I wasn't doing a whole lot after the show. It's a hard foam thing that I don't I'd ever use again. I did toy with the idea of bringing it with me on another trip to sit on while waiting for a parade, but I didn't want to carry it around and I didn't want to pay for a larger locker to store it.

Oh, and on the topic of "being misted" in the front... maybe it was the wind that night, but it more felt like we were drowning. I had to wring out my hair afterwards, and had to start digging for a plastic bag to wrap the camera in mid-show. That never happened before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter