Fantasmic Dinner Package question

kathmzh

DIS Veteran
I've hit my first snag in my planning -- I couldn't get Mama Melrose's for the FDP on Sunday, Jan. 23, and had to take Hollywood and Vine. I seem to remember discussion a while back about the restaurants opening slots for FDP as your date gets closer -- anyone have any luck with this? Should I keep calling, or am I out of luck?

We had luck getting a better time for the FDP for our trip in June. We originally had a 4:20 PS because that was all that was available, but we got a 6:30 about 3 weeks ahead of trip time. It seems that the times start opening up within a month of the trip, usually between a month and 3 weeks out.

Good luck! :D

Yeah...I tried to use that but for some reason when I enter 9s they compute then as 0s. So, it's not really helpful for me.

Ali

Hippychickali said:
Yeah...I tried to use that but for some reason when I enter 9s they compute then as 0s. So, it's not really helpful for me.

Ali

Have you tried this one on the Dis?
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/pscalc/dispscalc.html

Like Kaycee, we too had luck getting later times for the FDP when our date got closer,however that was in the summer, when Fantasmic was later. Im not sure if the same thing happens in the winter when Fantasmic is held earlier. I believe it is at 7:00 in January? If so I dont think they would book the FDP much later than 5:00, maybe 5:30 since you are supposed to be at then entrance 1/2 hour before show time.
Good luck!

Kaycee said:
.... It seems that the times start opening up within a month of the trip, usually between a month and 3 weeks out.

That seems to go along with a statement the Concierge Planner made, that he had another chance to get a PS. (the new EMH's caused a change in plans ) The date that he gave corresponded to 3 weeks before the day.

Thanks all for the help! I'll try again three or four weeks out. Of course, it's all good -- I'm sure Hollywood and Vine will be great, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter