Fantasmic dinner package rainout. What should I do now?

Orsino

DIS Veteran
We had planned to see Fantasmic! Using the dinner package this evening, but the show was cancelled due to rain. We are here until Friday so would like to see Fantasmic by fastpass on Thursday or Friday. Since I booked the package, I didn’t plan on how to FP Fantasmic.

Where do I go to get the Fantasmic fastpass?

Where should I try to stand?

What time should I show up?

Thanks

Ugh, what a bummer!

The FPs are over by the Mark Twain/Columbia dock (kind of by Big Thunder, if you’re not sure where that is). If you want to see the first show, go early, as those FPs run out very fast (like within half an hour sometimes). The second show sticks around longer (there were still FPs for the 10:30 show at like 11 on Sunday).

I’m sure someone who’s used FP can answer your other questions. Good luck, and I’m so sorry you got rained out!

Also talk to guest services. They may allow you to use your dining package tickets for a different night!

Also talk to guest services. They may allow you to use your dining package tickets for a different night!
Agree with this. Have heard of folks saying that guest services allowed them to view on another night when their event was rained out or cancelled. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Fastpass distribution: near Mark Twain boat
Location: debatable, but far left, until you hit the rope is the best.
Time: depends on many factors, for instance, how many people in your party, etc. If it is a must-do, it is worth going as early as possible.

Where do I go to get the Fantasmic fastpass?
Where should I try to stand?
What time should I show up?
Thanks

Definitely talk to guest services. You paid a premium so you could see the show. I'd be shocked if they didn't do something for you.

I like to stand on the edge of the board walk just to the west of the Golden Horseshoe's entrance. There's not usually a lot of people there and the view is pretty good.

Am I right that you don’t pay for fantasmic ahead of time? Sounds like it’s been cancelled before OP had the meal and paid for and this won’t have the tickets..

I still recommend guest services and keep checking the app for open reservations.

Am I right that you don’t pay for fantasmic ahead of time? Sounds like it’s been cancelled before OP had the meal and paid for and this won’t have the tickets..

I still recommend guest services and keep checking the app for open reservations.
Hmm. Are you allowed to skip out on the meal reservation for a show package? It's a dining reservation, so the $10 cancellation penalty applies. In any case, it wasn't raining until later in the evening, so I'd be pretty surprised if they made the call to cancel early enough that people were able to change their meal plans?

While I agree that it's absolutely worth checking with guest services (especially since you have several days available), I would not be at all "shocked" if they don't actually do anything... it's clear in the explanation that they're not responsible for weather cancellations.

Hmm. Are you allowed to skip out on the meal reservation for a show package? It's a dining reservation, so the $10 cancellation penalty applies. In any case, it wasn't raining until later in the evening, so I'd be pretty surprised if they made the call to cancel early enough that people were able to change their meal plans?

While I agree that it's absolutely worth checking with guest services (especially since you have several days available), I would not be at all "shocked" if they don't actually do anything... it's clear in the explanation that they're not responsible for weather cancellations.

I was confused. Sounded like the OP went to the dinner already I thought the show had been canceled and they had not had dinner yet. OP at your dinner did they give you to tickets for fantasmic? I’ve also heard that they will let you use them another night.

It started raining pretty late last night at my house, I would imagine the show was canceled late unless it started raining a lot earlier in Anaheim.

I was there last night when it started pouring at 9 PM. I wasn't at the first show which was cancelled but had dining package passes for the second show. I talked to a CM and she said the first show was cancelled right when it was about to start. I asked about refunds too since it was still raining around 9:45 PM. She also suggested talking to guest services to see if you can get a pass for another night if the show is cancelled.

Thankfully, it stopped raining and the second show went on. I think they were allowing people from the first show to view the second show as well. It was kinda chaotic at first since there were no ropes for lines or sections and people were camping out by the rails. Eventually they figured out how to separate dining packages, fastpasses, and stand by instead of the free-for-all that was happening around 10pm.

It started raining last night between 6-8pm depending on where in So Cal you were. So if they had dinner at 4:30/5pm and the show wasn’t canceled until after 7 then they wouldn’t have known when they sat down to eat.

Thanks for the replies. They did help, I was just slow in responding because of all the awesome vacationing happening. I’m back home now.

Guest services was a no. Kind of cold about it, but whatever. I ended up booking the hungry bear dinner thing for fantasmic. I was fully prepared to try to talk my way into the blue bayou section but I didn’t have to. The sorting person sorted us into the wrong line and then the guy checking tickets didn’t even look at them.

Probably not the way it should work out, but I feel I paid double to sit in the blue bayou section once. So I’ll take it and not feel bad about it.

Fantasmic was amazing.

Thanks for the replies. They did help, I was just slow in responding because of all the awesome vacationing happening. I’m back home now.

Guest services was a no. Kind of cold about it, but whatever. I ended up booking the hungry bear dinner thing for fantasmic. I was fully prepared to try to talk my way into the blue bayou section but I didn’t have to. The sorting person sorted us into the wrong line and then the guy checking tickets didn’t even look at them.

Probably not the way it should work out, but I feel I paid double to sit in the blue bayou section once. So I’ll take it and not feel bad about it.

Fantasmic was amazing.
I’m glad it worked for you. But is unfortunate that guest services wouldn’t help! I know at WDW they will let you come back to another days performance when you have a dining package.

When we were there the other week a lady I was chatting in line mentioned she had a rained out fantasmic dinner package...since guest services wouldn't help she just nicely asked a CM at the fastpass area one night and they let her in. Probably not a usual occurrence but could be worth a try.

Fantasmic was amazing.
I'm confused by you saying "they did help". It sounds like they just mistakenly let you into the other section.That's not helping.

I think it's rotten Guest Services didn't do anything for you.

I'd probably follow up with an email expressing your disappointment in the situation.

By “They did help” I mean “ the replies did help.”

Thanks again everyone. I suppose I could have tried asking the cast members at fantasmic, but ensuring access to an uncrowded good view was important to me. I had looked for more dinner packages, but it seems that blue bayou and river terrace are grouped together on the website and hungry bear is separate.

Hungry bear view probably would have been fine too, but it was nice to luck into what we had originally planned for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter