Fantasmic Dinner Packages

WDWalways

Lover of all things Disney!! Isn't it time for a D
I was wondering besides price (& possibly quality/quantity of food) is there a difference between choosing Brown Derby, Mama Melrose's or Hollywood & Vine?? My main question is if you pay approx. $40.00 a person for Brown Derby or $20.00 a person for Hollywood & Vine is your reserved seating area the same?? Does the seating at Fantasmic remain the same for any of the restaurants?? I'm just curious why anyone would spend double - I think probably for sit-down & higher quality choices of food?? :confused:

Yes, there is only one seating area for the Fantasmic! package, regardless of which restaurant you eat in.

People will pay more for some restaurants because they prefer them. You get very different dining experiences at the three available restaurants. The Brown Derby is quiet with an upscale menu, Mama Melrose's is like an Italian Bistro and Hollywood and Vine is a bit more bustling and offers a buffet. When you compare the prices these restaurants charge when you eat there without the package you'll see that the package prices are very similar.

We used to do the Brown Derby or Mama Melrose's when we did the package. Since they have changed the package to a fixed price plan, however, we go with Hollywood and Vine. We don't have big appetites and can't eat the appetizer, entree and dessert you get with the package at the sit down places. Also, the kids like the buffet and all of the choices it offers so it is what works best for us now.

Hope this helps.

Although the seating area is the same, IMHO the quality of food is proportional to the way it's priced. We've enjoyed Brown Derby more than Mama Melrose (which was still fairly good) and both of them more than Hollywood & Vine. I have no real desire to revisit H&V, but I'd go back to either of the other two for the package. What I'd REALLY like to see, though, is Prime Time or Sci Fi on the list for the Fantasmic Dinner Package!

I would LOVE to see Prime Time added too!! Not that I need an excuse to eat there - that's for sure!! - but it would be so easy for me to do the Fantasmic dinner package if that was a choice! Has anyone done these packages yet?? I keep reading that beverages are not included but I was told when making reservation that it's alcoholic beverages but soda, iced tea etc is included & I know how these things can happen - Disney says one thing but something else is actually the case.

We did the package at Mama Melrose's in April & the food was wonderful! We all really enjoyed it.
Myself, DD14, DS14 & DS7 had pop to drink, DH had a glass of wine & after dinner DH & I both had coffee with our dessert & they only drink on the bill was the wine.
The tiramisu was delicious!!! The appetizer pizza was delicious!! I would recommend Mama Melrose's to anyone!
We like the Prime Time a lot too & would like to see it offered with the Fantasmic package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter