Fantasmic questions

Funtimeswithteenagers

Mouseketeer
I have hungry bear reserved for the first show so we can stay to watch fireworks.
Does hungry bear sit or stand? I’m seeing conflicting information.
How early should we get there if we want a front spot?
Is it hard to see through the rails if you are a few rows back?
How crowded does it get? How many rows are sitting or standing on the flat ground? Do they sell a lot of reservations?
I just want to be sure we can see the show.

So I think the official statement on the website is standing, however no one has ever seen that enforced and they always sit.

I would get there at least an hour before the show. By harbor gallery just start hanging out there about an hour before. There really isn’t a bad spot in the dinning sections. The very front row you will have the fence right in front of you. It doesn’t kill the view, but some don’t like it. We like in the middle, but it’s on a slant so really there isn’t a bad view. If you get there an hour before you will be just fine. It can get crowded in the sections, but not overly..

I have hungry bear reserved for the first show so we can stay to watch fireworks.
Does hungry bear sit or stand? I’m seeing conflicting information.
I have done HB several times and it is a sitting area.

How early should we get there if we want a front spot?
Is it hard to see through the rails if you are a few rows back?
IMO there are no bad spots in the HB sitting area. Unless you happen to sit behind a post. Try and avoid that.

I have a preference to be at least 10 feet back because I do not like the railing in my face. I have sat in the far back - which is not that far - maybe 25 ft from the railing - and the view is perfectly fine. Really.

If you want to be in the very front I would suggest getting there 60 minutes early. I have done 20-30 and been fine getting a perfectly good spot.

How crowded does it get? How many rows are sitting or standing on the flat ground? Do they sell a lot of reservations?
I just want to be sure we can see the show.
You can see the show from anywhere in the HB area. It has never seemed very crowded there to me. Yes there are people, but you are not in like sardines. Lots of space to move around and readjust your body position. It is concrete after all.

There are not a set number of rows, but my guess is there are maybe 8 rows of people. But not in strict rows. Just kind of everyone sitting wherever.

I do recommend that before the show starts you stand up for 5 minutes because once it does start you will be down for the whole show. Like 25 minutes. So stand up before and stretch.

:wizard:

Thank you very much for the info! I’ve been researching all day but I’m trying to avoid watching videos or seeing too many pictures because we want it to be a surprise. I assumed the ground is flat there so that’s very good to know! Our reservations are on a Wednesday so we will have a few days to go check it out and get prepared. Thank you!!

Thank you very much for the info! I’ve been researching all day but I’m trying to avoid watching videos or seeing too many pictures because we want it to be a surprise. I assumed the ground is flat there so that’s very good to know! Our reservations are on a Wednesday so we will have a few days to go check it out and get prepared. Thank you!!
The ground is sloped a bit to support viewing from further back. That is part of the reason there are no bad spots.

We did the HB package two weeks ago. Dinner at 5:30. Got the rib platter which came with cheesy mashed potatoes and a piece of cornbread. Ticket stub stated to arrive at Harbor Galley between 8:30-9. We arrived at 8:30 and there we’re already people lined up but it was not too crowded. HB lines up to the left of the sign, and are let in after BB folks. Plenty of space to sit. Would highly recommend bringing a garden or camping pad to sit on for comfort and to brace the chill of the brick. Also, if you sit in the first few rows, you may get sprayed with mist from the dancing fountains. If it’s cool outside, it will definitely feel cooler. Would definitely buy the HB package again!

Why do we need to line up 30-60 minutes before anyhow? If we bought the HB passes, aren't we guaranteed a spot to sit? Or is it possible it gets too full?

Why do we need to line up 30-60 minutes before anyhow? If we bought the HB passes, aren't we guaranteed a spot to sit? Or is it possible it gets too full?
You don’t need to. At a certain point they may not seat you anymore if it is too close to the show starting. It also depends on the size of your group and whether you all want to sit near each other comfortably. If there are only two people then coming 10 minutes before should work.

How early you choose to line up for your section can depend on when you view the show. For example, we viewed the first show this past July 4th. All 3 reserved sections were sold out. We chose to line up 30-60 minutes early, knowing that there would be quite a crowd in each section. And because I am short, I like sitting right up at the railing. Sure enough, well before the show started, the sections were comfortably full -- then more full -- then about 10 minutes before the show, a few large families showed up for each section, only to find that there wasn't enough room for all of them to sit together, even in the very back. CMs made an announcement for everyone to move more closely together (move forward and move together!) to make more room -- but who wants to be squished when they've paid for a reserved package? -- so those families had to split up to find spots. As the pp said, if you are a party of 2, you aren't viewing on a super crowded day, and you don't want the front row, you don't have to line up super early. But if you will be needing more room and it is a holiday or high crowd time? Allow for more time to be on the safe side.

Thank you. I have short kids and we are a family of 5 and it will be spring break so we will get there an hour early. We will grab some popcorn and churros and let our feet rest 🙂

FYI, the last few times we've seen the show this month, a big part of the finale has been missing, and a video shown instead for it. Not sure if it's just been bad luck for us, or some extended downtime.

Are there chairs or sitting on the ground?
You sit on the ground (concrete). The BB section has cushions that you receive (and have to carry around) at your meal at the restaurant. No chairs. I think the RBT package has chairs, but I am not 100% sure.

You sit on the ground (concrete). The BB section has cushions that you receive (and have to carry around) at your meal at the restaurant. No chairs. I think the RBT package has chairs, but I am not 100% sure.

There is RBT where you sit on the other side of BB on the ground and then there’s RBT premium where you sit behind everyone in chairs on the patio while eating your dinner.

Hmmm, wonder how we find out about the show. There’s no way I want to pay for reserve seating to have the ending be projections.

Not sure but the cause of the different ending may be due to the Mark Twain refurb. I believe it is done now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter