Fantasmic seating - without "dinner pkg" & WITH toddlers?

Picabo

"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"
The restaurants offered with the fantasmic package aren't too thrilling for us and we'd prefer to not use up one of our TS credits there if we can avoid it. However we DO want to see Fantasmic with our girls (2 and 3yrs). We'll be going early Dec and I'm wondering how far in advance we have to go line up to get in if we do NOT have the fantasmic package? I can't imagine waiting 60+minutes with toddlers. If we arrive 30-45min early, will we get in??

Or should we suck it up and just do the package? If we do, I'd pick Mama Melrose but would much rather use my last TS somewhere else if I can! :thumbsup2

Advice, suggestions?

We went last year with a 4 year old, a 2.5 year old and a 1.4 year old and we did not do the dinner package. We always got food outside of the fantasmic stadium (saw it twice) and brought it in with us so we could eat dinner while waiting for the show to start. That kept our kids plenty entertained. As far as how early to get there...it really kind of depends on how busy the park is when you are going. But I have heard that they are cutting fantasmic back to only a couple times a week. In which case you probebly would need to be there at least 60 minutes before the show starts. But this is just my opinion. I'm sure someone else more experienced with fantasmic will have some better tips for you. Have Fun!!!

Thanks Jenny! That's great info to have! I think that's what we'll plan to do as long as it's "ok" to bring CS food into the stadium. I'd much rather do that than to eat somewhere I'm not too thrilled about eating. I was under the impression somehow that I needed to arrive a few HOURS early. And, honestly, we probably prefer to sit closer to the back anyhow...just incase anyone is a bit scared of the show/noise, etc. So being right up front, center, etc isn't all that important to use on this 1st trip!

THANKS!!

We didn't want to have to stand in line with both of our kids (3 and 1 year olds) to get a seat. We did the dinner package for that very reason. We got there between 30 and 45 minutes before the show and it was fairly packed in the other seats (still empty seats in the reserved seats). We decided that we'd rather always do the dinner package as opposed to having to stand in line for over an hour with the kids. We can be doing other things as opposed to having to stand in line to be assured of having a seat.

I wonder since they are now only showing Fastasmic a couple of times will mean more people so to be sure to have a seat means one might have to arrive even earlier.

We didn't want to have to stand in line with both of our kids (3 and 1 year olds) to get a seat. We did the dinner package for that very reason. We got there between 30 and 45 minutes before the show and it was fairly packed in the other seats (still empty seats in the reserved seats). We decided that we'd rather always do the dinner package as opposed to having to stand in line for over an hour with the kids. We can be doing other things as opposed to having to stand in line to be assured of having a seat.

I wonder since they are now only showing Fastasmic a couple of times will mean more people so to be sure to have a seat means one might have to arrive even earlier.

Yeah...the last part of this...about them showing only a couple times a week now is what I was wondering about to. As far as it being "ok" to bring food in, it is perfectly fine. Many people do it. When i went we got there about an hour before show time. The first time we did this the stadium was packed, the second time it wasen't packed until closer to showtime, and they were showing fantasmic every night...sometimes twice a night. But you have to wonder how the crowds will be now that they are going to cut down on the show's per week. I think what you might have to do is wait to decide what you want to do until they have started the twice a week thing and you can get some better feedback on here from people who have gone once this happens. I'm sure that the crowds each night will be much higher because of the schedule change. Good Luck!!!

two years ago and I really wasn't impressed with the seats we were given. They were almost all the way to the right and in the last few rows so we weren't really close enough to see what was being projected on the "screen". I don't really remember how early we got there though.

This time we are going to try what the OP recommended. The times site says they allow seating up to 90 minutes before the show starts. So, we're going to grab food and go find seats. By the time the kids get done eating, they shouldn't have that much longer to wait.

Actually, the night we're going there is supposed to be a 7:30 and 9:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter