Fantasmic/WOC In One Day Strategy

tori.bh3

Mouseketeer
Hi friends,

I'm taking a friend to Disneyland who has never been this weekend. We are doing the Halloween party on Friday. We're going to take advantage of as much as we can in Disneyland that night after the specialty parade and fireworks.

Saturday is going to be a highlight reel of DCA and the rest of Disneyland. We have a Cafe Orleans reservation at 2:30. I'm hoping to be completely done with the highlights of DCA by this time with the help of Maxpass. She wants to see both Fantasmic and WOC, so we will hop the rest of the day as needed.

Here's where I'm struggling: We are going to have to get Fastpasses for both shows with paper, as they are not electronic.

I am thinking of doing WOC and then attending the late Fantasmic, but I don't know around when we should hop from DCA to DL to get these paper fast passes.

Help?

Hard to know. The late show FPs go slower than the early but I don't know how quickly the first show or the second run out.

If you are already planning to eat at cafe Orleans, would you consider getting a Fantasmic package there? It's barely more than you would spend on a appetizer/entree/dessert/drink, and then you would have a guaranteed SEATED spot to watch Fantasmic. I believe they allow you to pick either show. They DO have a 3:00 table when I just checked.

PHXscuba

I second PHXscuba's suggestion to consider getting the Cafe Orleans dining package. Given the popularity of F!, the reduced schedule (weekends only) and this being UEA-weekend, I would guess that FPs will go quickly (especially for the first show). When the show first debuted, they were switching over to the second show within the first hour of when the park opened (I don't know if this is still the case), but it wouldn't surprise me to find out that this is still somewhat the case.

I did the dining package at the end of September and I was able to select which show I wanted. I generally think it's easier to switch from the first to the second show, just because it seems like more people want to see the first show. That being said, the biggest drawback is if they are fully booked out for the second show, they might not be able to allow the switch and you wouldn't know that until you checked in. While it's risky, you might ask when you check in if you can upgrade to the package (second show), but if you wait until then, FPs will almost certainly be gone. The dining package viewing area generally opens at 10:00 pm, so you might end up in the back or side of it if you wait to get there after WoC finishes (they don't seem to strictly enforce that BB, CO/RBT, and HB dining packages have to be in specific locations for the second show - it all kind of mushes together).

I looked at the schedule and it's worth noting that you're going to be on a tight schedule. WoC is at 9:45 pm on Saturday and F! is at 9:00 pm and 10:30 pm. Assuming WoC starts on time, it'll finish up around 10:05 pm. That gives you less than 25 minutes to get out of the WoC viewing area, across to DL, and to the F! viewing area. You'll be in the back of the FP viewing area; just keep that in mind. I kind of think DL sets up the schedule to discourage guests from trying to see both shows. Basically, you'll have a chance at a good view of one show (WoC) and a (potentially) lesser view of the second show (F!).

You guys saved the day! I’ve been scouting the reservations site for days waiting on someone to cancel. A million times thank you!

She said that Fantasmic was her priority and WOC was second. I got the first F show, so we’ll run to WOC afterward!

Study the map on the first page of the WOC Superthread on this forum. You will need to have a good idea of your viewing area before you get there since you'll only have about 15 minutes to get from F! all the way over to DCA and Paradise Bay. You will need to know where you want to be in the WOC viewing area (have several spots in mind since your first choices may be full when you arrive). If you can splurge on the WOC Dessert Party (and there are still 2 spots available), that would guarantee you 2 seats (chairs!) so you wouldn't have to fight for viewing spots.

She said that Fantasmic was her priority and WOC was second. I got the first F show, so we’ll run to WOC afterward!
As theluckyrabbit said, you will only have about 15 minutes to get over to DCA. To be honest, I think there is a chance you'll miss the start of WoC. You're going to have to get out of the F! viewing area and through the fireworks crowds on Main Street (fireworks is slated to start at 9:25 pm). Getting out of the Rivers of America area after F! is not always that easy (or fast), especially depending on how the CMs are routing one way traffic control. Good luck!

Update: We were unable to make WOC, which was totally fine. I was so lucky someone saw a Fantasmic! Dining Package option for me - you truly saved the day! It was the busiest I had EVER seen Disneyland. I've been multiple times at different times of year, but turns out October Saturdays are INSANE. So insane, in fact, that the official voice of Disneyland announced, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, due to the popularity of the first showing of Fantasmic! we are no longer allowing viewers to stop" or something to the effect of "go away because there are too many people in the area". The Rivers of America area was body to body packed. I was so so grateful that someone here found the dining package reservation because it would have been impossible to see otherwise. There was no way we could have gotten through the crowds to make it to WOC.

If you are going to visit in the next year or so and planning on seeing Fantasmic! I would definitely recommend getting a dining package. I'm headed back in March and I will be getting one then for my mother and myself. Blue Bayou gives cushions to sit on, which plays a factor, but I'll probably go with River Belle Terrace. It was easy to find a spot in our area. Even though the area around us was swamped, my friend and I never felt crowded in our area. I so appreciated that cast members made everyone in my area sit down for the show. It made for a lovely evening and show. We had an incredible view and experience, easily making it worth the money. I probably would have paid the money just to sit in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter