Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

Guardians should be on as well. I had to see that first movie twice to understand it better!:teeth:

On our previous EBTA they showed a number of classic movies like Singing in the Rain, Citizen Kane and more.

Yes, we are Platinum, I have 20 DCL cruises behind me.

In 1998, we did a wonderful Princess cruise of the British Islands. We even stopped on Gurnsey and above in the Orkney Islands. You'll have a great time!

We're looking forward to visiting the British Isles. This will be a first trip to Europe and the first time we've cruised beyond 7nts.
We always look at the TA and PC cruises but they never to seem to work with our schedules. Maybe some day.

We'll be in san diego next week and the Wonder is scheduled to dock for a few weekend cruises before heading to Alaska so I'll hopefully post some pics waving her off.

Did you already check in for this cruise? If so, is anything showing as booked up??

I have tried to check in....system is not taking my information, keeps asking for same. I'll try again.

Was today the first day to check in for platinum? Yesterday I couldn't look up the excursions for our cruise. Kept getting an error message to try again later. I'm about to see if the site is working now.

Did not try anything other than check in. Tried again and could not even get to check in page.

I was able get into the DCL site now and review the port adventures. I'm on a laptop if that makes any difference.

I just checked in and booked two snorkeling excursions. I also booked the Disney Junior character breakfast. I'm waiting to find out when Pirate night is to book Palo. I do not want to miss Animator Pallet meal. I think that's the best dinner show in in the fleet, on the Fantasy.

Congrats on checking in. Did you notice if any cabanas still avail on CC? We're debating this.
also, were any excursions sold out? Working on narrowing down a few choices.

Has anyone booked something outside of DCL for Tortola?

Congrats on checking in. Did you notice if any cabanas still avail on CC? We're debating this.
also, were any excursions sold out? Working on narrowing down a few choices.

Has anyone booked something outside of DCL for Tortola?
No cabanas were left when I just looked.

No cabanas were left when I just looked.

Interesting. That's the one thing I noticed on the NYC Member cruise last year was how many platinum cruisers there seemed to be. We're closing in at this being #9 but we're not there yet.

Being fortunate enough to have had a cabana on more than 1 occasion on Castaway Cay, I can't really complain. We'll enjoy the day regardless.

It's been a few years since we've cruised the Fantasy so I'm really looking forward to it. Remy for dinner? for brunch? yes please!

Aside from a sort of private shade, what benefit do the cabanas offer? We've obviously never had one, and really never tried much else than an umbrella. Well and of course the 5k, we've ran it each time we've stopped.

Local Candy Exchange.....share some local treats with others via your Fish Extender!

KashasMom
Karen924
bobbiwoz
pekollie

Who else?

Aside from a sort of private shade, what benefit do the cabanas offer? We've obviously never had one, and really never tried much else than an umbrella. Well and of course the 5k, we've ran it each time we've stopped.

It's been a long standing debate on the benefits of the cabana - esp given the price! We've had them mainly to accommodate our family (more specifically my parents) since we tend to travel in groups. I have to say it was well worth it for the convenience and enjoyment my mother and father had.

Think of it as a little house on the beach. Here's a quick mini thread with alot of pics incl. the newer cabanas that we helped with. I shared some of our photos of cabana 4 and 9 in post 15 and 17. (you'll see part of my dad on the cushy loungers in a shade/sun setup in one shot and him in a hat in another photo down by the water.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/please-share-your-cabana-photos-and-opinions.3464621/page-3

When I don't have my parents, I'm not as intent on getting one. But to not have to clamor for a decent lounger and umbrella while guarding your stuff all day is awesome!
Add to that this respite to retreat to with all the comforts of home - complete with a ceiling fan, minifridge, snacks, a little front deck, private beach complete with chairs, tubes, toys, sunscreen, towels, water, your own uninterrupted space and a private place to rinse off and spread out for the day while lazily lounging in the water and I'm SOLD!!! esp if we split the cost!!

FYI - bike rental and snorkel gear were included.

Found More pics I posted about our Cabana days!! There are a lot more photos from several trips including many of our group in motion enjoying cabana 4.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/dream-concierge.3376714/page-7

I just love them at Castaway Cay. They far surpass the tent versions you see at resort areas.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Does anybody know when pirate night is? Trying to plan Palo and Remy. Also, has anyone ever requested a specific dining rotation? Do you have to call? Supposed to check in online this weekend and getting prepared.

We are on the Magic! The voice of the monorail is now selling DVC on board and just gave us the spiel! He's hosting the DVC show!

Just saw on twitter that Fantasy will be coming into Port Canaveral this after noon following Dream leaving. She is just off shore.

My cousin and family are on that special 3 night Fantasycruise just after the short dry dock. They are at WDW today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!