Far, far, FAR too long of an intro post

maddie1955

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

My name is Maddie and I have been a huge fan of Disney parks for many years now, but these past few months I've wanted to talk about nothing but Disney so I figured I would finally become an actual participant on the Disboards!

To get to know me a bit, my first trip was to DLR over Christmas week in 2007 when I was 9 years old. My family was definitely ignorant because we never waited less than an hour for something, didn't see the fireworks, and only got one fastpass over the entire trip.

In 2012, my family started going a lot more often. Without going into too many details that are TMI, I was very depressed in that time of my life and my dad, brother, and I ended up going a week after I got out of the hospital for depression-related stuff. Disney still had off-seasons then, and we ended up walking on most of the rides. What really made me love Disney was watching Remember...Dreams Come True and full on sobbing in front of the castle. Like, chest-heaving, ugly crying. I remember telling my dad that as long as I could come back here, I would be okay.

We went back later that summer to see Cars Land which opened a month or two prior, and kept going once, sometimes twice, a year until I left for college in 2015.

in 2016, my dad and I did a vacation to Europe, and I was lucky enough to do a quick day trip to Disneyland Paris. In 2017, my dad, brother and I went to Japan and spent a day each in both Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland.

In January 2018, my girlfriend and I went to WDW for a week. We booked at All Star Movies but got upgraded to Art of Animation in a Lion King Suite. Best week of my life. I used the boards a lot to plan that trip!

My most recent trip was just a few weeks ago to DLR. My mom, dad, brother, foster sister, girlfriend, and I stayed for four nights at a good neighbor hotel. It was my foster sister's first time ever going to a Disney park and my favorite memory of the trip was her going on the Alice in Wonderland dark ride for her first ride of the trip and turning around to me afterwords and saying, "If that wasn't even one of the biggest rides, I am going to have my mind blown this vacation". Another great moment was sitting in the front of the Incredicoaster during the Fireworks at DL. The finale was going off right as we finished the roller coaster. I think my life peaked at that moment. Oh! And we met Ryno and Pete in Downtown Disney. It was just a perfect vacation, and I was so happy to show my new sister why Disney is my favorite place.

Anyway, sorry this is such a long post. I hope to spend a lot more time on the boards and hopefully use it to plan a trip to WDW for my whole family. We are all history buffs so I know how much they will LOVE Spaceship Earth. If you finished reading this, I am super grateful. Can't wait to get to know everyone!

Wow Maddie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You seem like a really cool person, I can't wait to get to know you some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!

My name is Maddie and I have been a huge fan of Disney parks for many years now, but these past few months I've wanted to talk about nothing but Disney so I figured I would finally become an actual participant on the Disboards!

To get to know me a bit, my first trip was to DLR over Christmas week in 2007 when I was 9 years old. My family was definitely ignorant because we never waited less than an hour for something, didn't see the fireworks, and only got one fastpass over the entire trip.

In 2012, my family started going a lot more often. Without going into too many details that are TMI, I was very depressed in that time of my life and my dad, brother, and I ended up going a week after I got out of the hospital for depression-related stuff. Disney still had off-seasons then, and we ended up walking on most of the rides. What really made me love Disney was watching Remember...Dreams Come True and full on sobbing in front of the castle. Like, chest-heaving, ugly crying. I remember telling my dad that as long as I could come back here, I would be okay.

We went back later that summer to see Cars Land which opened a month or two prior, and kept going once, sometimes twice, a year until I left for college in 2015.

in 2016, my dad and I did a vacation to Europe, and I was lucky enough to do a quick day trip to Disneyland Paris. In 2017, my dad, brother and I went to Japan and spent a day each in both Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland.

In January 2018, my girlfriend and I went to WDW for a week. We booked at All Star Movies but got upgraded to Art of Animation in a Lion King Suite. Best week of my life. I used the boards a lot to plan that trip!

My most recent trip was just a few weeks ago to DLR. My mom, dad, brother, foster sister, girlfriend, and I stayed for four nights at a good neighbor hotel. It was my foster sister's first time ever going to a Disney park and my favorite memory of the trip was her going on the Alice in Wonderland dark ride for her first ride of the trip and turning around to me afterwords and saying, "If that wasn't even one of the biggest rides, I am going to have my mind blown this vacation". Another great moment was sitting in the front of the Incredicoaster during the Fireworks at DL. The finale was going off right as we finished the roller coaster. I think my life peaked at that moment. Oh! And we met Ryno and Pete in Downtown Disney. It was just a perfect vacation, and I was so happy to show my new sister why Disney is my favorite place.

Anyway, sorry this is such a long post. I hope to spend a lot more time on the boards and hopefully use it to plan a trip to WDW for my whole family. We are all history buffs so I know how much they will LOVE Spaceship Earth. If you finished reading this, I am super grateful. Can't wait to get to know everyone!
Once it's in your blood you can't shake it off - welcome to the land of Disney Nuts :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!