Fast pass Needed for Rider Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to understand this- why aren't FP required for all people? Aren't people who do this given more FP than others??
There is sort of a loophole for people who have a child too short to ride a ride, like FOP. They will get FP for all but one adult, and have that adult take the child who is too short on another ride, then get a rider switch and that adult gets to ride FOP with up to 2 people who already rode.
Yes, that person is essentially getting extra FP’s and is also able to ride 2 Tier 1’s which is what I have a problem with. Some people game the system by doing this and some are legitimately trying to make sure their smaller kiddo gets to do things too. I personally am not going to do it, as we find other ways to keep busy, and I’d rather not get turned away from a ride because I didn’t get one. Especially FoP!

The problem becomes....the child who is too short can get a FP somewhere else- super right? But then there is no ADULT with a fp to ride with them because they had to get a fp to ride using the swap. So basically the child who is too little loses out on a fp because there will be no adult to go with them. So do you give up to ride with your kid because they need an adult to go with them, or does the little one just lose out on a fp.

Not in my mind- in our family we decide what we want to ride on and get FP for that. So if my little one doesn't want to ride SM, one of us gets a FP for something else to do with them. The other parent goes on SM with the other child.
Whats the reasoning for EXTRA FP, not even just the adult who waited with the younger one?
This seems unfair to those who cannot choose to do it because their kid is taller ??

I was at Animal Kingdom at Flight of Passage last week and overheard a cast member telling someone that in order to use rider switch both parties had to have a fast pass. The Mom did, the Dad did not. So they did not give him a rider switch.

I hesitate to post this as I didn't catch all of the details, but we saw a similar situation at FOP the week of 4/16/18. They were ahead of us at the FP entrance and the commotion was gumming up the works. It was a larger group and not everyone had FP so the CP wouldn't give them a rider swap as requested. I'm not sure if the larger group thing was the issue, or maybe it varies by CM? The CM eventually waived us through, so I'm not sure how it was resolved, although they did not follow us into the ride.

So if the non rider is forced to have a FP and scan it to get a rider swap, does that use up the non rider's FP, meaning that they will have to use the rider swap just to ride at all?

Our situation is 2 adults, 2 kids of height, and 2 kids too short. We have 6 fastpasses for FoP. The plan was to do adult 1 with two kids, get a swap pass, then the adult 2 rides with the two kids and we get a second swap pass. We then use those swap passes to do the same thing.
If the non rider's FP is taken, that really throws a wrench in things.
I guess the best you could do is... Adult 1 rides with two kids, then the 4th FP is surrendered in order to get a swap pass. Adult 2 then uses the 5th FP to ride, adult 1 surrenders FP 6 to get a second swap pass, then the two kids use the first swap pass to ride along. Then one adult can use the second swap pass with the kids for another ride.
Maybe this is fine, because I'm one of those bad people gaming the system ...

The point of the program isn't about getting extra fastpasses. It's to make it so families with a too short child don't have to wait in line twice just so everyone can ride, since someone has to wait back with the short kid while the first group rides. It also makes it so the adult who has to stay back with the too short kid doesn't have to ride alone, by allowing up to two people to accompany them. When rider swap is used in accordance with fastpass, it allows the adult staying back to use a fastpass for another ride with the too short kid so the kid doesn't have to miss their opportunity to use a fastpass and they can ride something while waiting.

It's different for groups where everyone is tall enough. The whole group can go through the line together, ride together, no one's missing an opportunity to use a fastpass, and you don't have to take turns accessing the ride. The family using rider swap is still spending more time waiting in line than the group whose party is tall enough and can all ride together without a rider swap.

So if the non rider is forced to have a FP and scan it to get a rider swap, does that use up the non rider's FP, meaning that they will have to use the rider swap just to ride at all?

Yes but that’s the better scenario. It removes the FP and frees it up, and also lets you come back with the RS any time all day.

Our situation is 2 adults, 2 kids of height, and 2 kids too short. We have 6 fastpasses for FoP. The plan was to do adult 1 with two kids, get a swap pass, then the adult 2 rides with the two kids and we get a second swap pass. We then use those swap passes to do the same thing.
If the non rider's FP is taken, that really throws a wrench in things.
I guess the best you could do is... Adult 1 rides with two kids, then the 4th FP is surrendered in order to get a swap pass. Adult 2 then uses the 5th FP to ride, adult 1 surrenders FP 6 to get a second swap pass, then the two kids use the first swap pass to ride along. Then one adult can use the second swap pass with the kids for another ride.
Maybe this is fine, because I'm one of those bad people gaming the system ...

You cannot get 2 RS for the same ride like that. You might get away with it, I don’t know if the system or CM notices, but it is not one per kid who is too short, it is one for the adult who has to stay behind. That is gaming the system and not cool IMO.

Also, you aren’t supposed to use someone else’s Magic Band, if I read right that you are also using the kids’ FP to ride again. How many times do you really want to ride the same ride in one hour anyways? Lol

Also, you aren’t supposed to use someone else’s Magic Band

I’ve never seen that anywhere.

I’m planning to book FP for my husband on RnRC and me on Star Tours, with him riding both and me riding neither (ST makes me sick and I prefer not to ride RnRC alone). We’re entitled to 6 Fastpasses per day (3 for each of us). I don’t think Disney cares who in the party is actually riding.

I’ve never seen that anywhere.

I’m planning to book FP for my husband on RnRC and me on Star Tours, with him riding both and me riding neither (ST makes me sick and I prefer not to ride RnRC alone). We’re entitled to 6 Fastpasses per day (3 for each of us). I don’t think Disney cares who in the party is actually riding.

Q.

Can other people use my MagicBand or card?

A.

No. Your MagicBand or card is unique to you and only you are authorized to access the benefits associated with it—including linked tickets, FastPass+ experiences, touch-to-pay purchases and other entitlements. Once a MagicBand or card is linked to your Disney account, it cannot be transferred to another person.

In addition to touching your MagicBand or card to a touch point, you will be required to scan a finger to enter the parks...”

From https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/transferring-to-friend/

Since a FP is linked to your ticket, you are basically sharing your theme park ticket/AP if you share your magic band. And that is a no-no. Just because you haven’t been caught doesn’t mean it is allowed.

Since a FP is linked to your ticket, you are basically sharing your theme park ticket/AP if you share your magic band. And that is a no-no. Just because you haven’t been caught doesn’t mean it is allowed.

Eh, I think it’s one of those things that Disney lets slide because it has no impact on anyone. I can see not sharing tickets, but they really don’t care if I’m on the ride or my husband is. It’s a body in a seat either way.

As far as I’ve read on these boards, in practice, no one has been turned away from a ride for using someone else’s MB for a FP.

Q.

Can other people use my MagicBand or card?

A.

No. Your MagicBand or card is unique to you and only you are authorized to access the benefits associated with it—including linked tickets, FastPass+ experiences, touch-to-pay purchases and other entitlements. Once a MagicBand or card is linked to your Disney account, it cannot be transferred to another person.

In addition to touching your MagicBand or card to a touch point, you will be required to scan a finger to enter the parks...”

From https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/transferring-to-friend/
What is the issue is when the person whose magicband you are using hasn't entered the park..that is the loophole that was changed.

It is currently perfectly fine if for instance my husband uses my MB to go on ToT after using his MB to go on ToT.

Disney does not have an issue with that provided if using the above scenario I am in the park.

It is flat out explained to be against the rules on their website. Have you ever asked a CM if it is allowed? I’ll bet their answer is no. Doing something just because you don’t get caught doesn’t make it ok. Using someone else’s magic band to double up FP’s is not cool, and I really hope they figure out a way to stop that way of gaming the system. There are tiers and limits for a reason, finding ways to get around them is inconsiderate to everyone else who plays by the rules.

It is flat out explained to be against the rules on their website. Have you ever asked a CM if it is allowed? I’ll bet their answer is no. Doing something just because you don’t get caught doesn’t make it ok. Using someone else’s magic band to double up FP’s is not cool, and I really hope they figure out a way to stop that way of gaming the system. There are tiers and limits for a reason, finding ways to get around them is inconsiderate to everyone else who plays by the rules.
K..if you don't want to do it fine..just know it's totally cool for now at least

And BTW as the DIS has a rule against speaking about things that are against Disney's TOS you'll find..this one topic of giving your MB (when you're inside the park) to someone else is totally ok to talk about..mods included.

But hey you do you

I think maybe you’ve misunderstood. We aren’t talking about doubling up on FPs, just redistributing amongst the party. In my scenario, my husband would get 4 FPs for the day and I would get 2. It harms no one, and any party with more than 1 person can do the exact same thing, if they wish.

And why would you bet that CMs would say no? I bet they would say “I don’t care.”

I have to say, you’re the first person I’ve seen who has taken issue with this practice.

I think maybe you’ve misunderstood. We aren’t talking about doubling up on FPs, just redistributing amongst the party. In my scenario, my husband would get 4 FPs for the day and I would get 2. It harms no one, and any party with more than 1 person can do the exact same thing, if they wish.

And why would you bet that CMs would say no? I bet they would say “I don’t care.”

I have to say, you’re the first person I’ve seen who has taken issue with this practice.
I'm guessing they skipped over "in the park" mentioned. Perhaps they, just a random guess could be wrong, are thinking of the "thou shall not be talked about" loophole that was closed.

No one is doubling down on anything.

I'm guessing they skipped over "in the park" mentioned. Perhaps they, just a random guess could be wrong, are thinking of the "thou shall not be talked about" loophole that was closed.

No one is doubling down on anything.
If you use someone else’s ticket specially to get FP for yourself, and use your own ticket to get a FP for yourself for the same time (and even same Tier), that is gaming the system and doubling up on FP.

I get being in the park and some of the party got a FP for something, but now Mom can’t ride because 3 yo is napping and she wants to give it to someone else in the party. That’s why you have an option to transfer the FP to someone else in your party using the app. If you can’t transfer it, and you take someone else’s magic band to use it, that’s gaming the system.

It’s the same thing at DL, I cannot give my 13yo my AP to go use a FP I saved on it. She has to use her own. If she isn’t eligible for a FP she has to wait.

Sorry but it does affect other people, it’s against the rules, and it’s inconsiderate, when you PLAN to game the system by using someone else’s ticket to get yourself extra FP’s

If you use someone else’s ticket specially to get FP for yourself, and use your own ticket to get a FP for yourself for the same time (and even same Tier), that is gaming the system and doubling up on FP.

I get being in the park and some of the party got a FP for something, but now Mom can’t ride because 3 yo is napping and she wants to give it to someone else in the party. That’s why you have an option to transfer the FP to someone else in your party using the app. If you can’t transfer it, and you take someone else’s magic band to use it, that’s gaming the system.

It’s the same thing at DL, I cannot give my 13yo my AP to go use a FP I saved on it. She has to use her own. If she isn’t eligible for a FP she has to wait.

Sorry but it does affect other people, it’s against the rules, and it’s inconsiderate, when you PLAN to game the system by using someone else’s ticket to get yourself extra FP’s

No. It’s not doubling up on fastpasses.

I get 3 FPs for myself and 3 for my husband. 3+3=6.
I use 2 and my husband uses 4. 2+4=6.

6=6

There’s no doubling of anything.

Also, there’s absolutely no need to spend the time transferring Fastpasses. Just take the other person’s MB and go. It makes no sense to say that it’s “gaming the system” to use the other person’s MB, but it’s not if you transfer the Fastpass. It’s the EXACT SAME Fastpass either way.

(I actually planned the FPs the way I did because my 2 YO will likely be napping in the afternoon. One of us has to stay back with him anyway, and he’s also not tall enough for any of the height restricted rides at DHS.)

I’m still failing to see how this affects other people. Literally any party of 2 or more can do this. And it is absolutely not doubling fastpasses. See my math above.

Yeah..I don't think you understand.

You're not using someone else's ticket to get yourself a FP. That was the old way. Where you used someone (normally a fake person on MDE) to get more FP. That is not allowed. The person has to physically be in the park and into order to do that they would have to use their ticket entitlement to do so.

I'm not a fan of big drops but I know my husband loves ToT and I've been on ToT before including the trip back in 2011. I decided when it was time for our FP on our 2017 trip to not go on it but my husband did. When he came out he used my MB which had my FP on it and went. I sat outside and waited for him.

There is no doubling down. Sorry. Unfortunately I can only guess that you're misunderstanding people and what they are talking about. Because the old way is against the rules I cannot go too far into specifics.

As far as change FP..no that is actually an option that was removed from the app recently. Therefore change FP via the app is no longer allowed to be talked about on the DIS boards. I *think* change FP is allowed at the moment on the website.

I always specify that currently, at the moment, etc Disney does not care if you use a MB from someone else in your traveling party on a ride provided that person entered the park with you.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this. You can stand your ground if you want to but it's not an issue at the present moment. If you don't want to ever do that fine..no one was telling you you had to anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter