FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had this last night. Your niece may have her own MDE account with an email attached. If that is the case, go to Family and Friends and click "I'll Enter Their Name and Age". Enter her name as appears in your sister's MDE and age (18+ for adults). Instead of leaving it where it says "I Want to Manage Plans", click "Invite to Connect" and enter the email address of her MDE account. She will have to click Accept in the email invite from you and log in to her MDE account.

If she doesn't have her own account, when you connected with your brother-in-law did you send him an email invite to connect? If not, I would do that since he manages your niece. Once he accepts, you should also be able to find your niece by clicking "Find Through My Connected Guests".

The only other thing I can think of is that your brother-in-law, as the account manager, may have to update the permissions to Share All Plans for himself and/or your niece.

HTH!

All fixed! Thanks so much!!!

Is there a list of "secondary sources" of FP+?

One obvious place is signing up for a DVC seminar and they'll give you three FP+.
When you attend an Open House Tour, you will receive 3 additional FastPass+ selections for your party (up to 6 people).**

Is there any other way to obtain "extra" FP+?

One obvious place is signing up for a DVC seminar and they'll give you three FP+.

Is there any other way to obtain "extra" FP+?
If you stay at a Deluxe Resort, Contemporary, and they don't bother to clean your room and then take over 30 minutes and never bring clean towels so that you end up near the elevators waiting for a Housekeeping guy to hand you an armful of towels and a bag of toiletries to carry back to your own room that was only 10 yards from the Housekeeping supply room, the Contemp front desk will give you 3 FPs for your Party to appease you for the inconvenience... even though you had no plans to go into a park after a Citricos dinner.

That's the only experience I have. ;)

My booking window is this Wednesday for our upcoming October trip. My question is if we want fligh of passage at the beginning of our trip how probable is that? Next question is it smart to book from our last day and work our way back to arrival or vice versa? Hope that makes sense:)

My booking window is this Wednesday for our upcoming October trip. My question is

1. if we want fligh of passage at the beginning of our trip how probable is that?

2. Next question is it smart to book from our last day and work our way back to arrival or vice versa?

Hope that makes sense:)

1. Those are the very hardest to get.
2. Work from last day to first for best results.

If you stay at a Deluxe Resort, Contemporary, and they don't bother to clean your room and then take over 30 minutes and never bring clean towels so that you end up near the elevators waiting for a Housekeeping guy to hand you an armful of towels and a bag of toiletries to carry back to your own room that was only 10 yards from the Housekeeping supply room, the Contemp front desk with give you 3 FPs for your Party to appease you for the inconvenience... even though you had no plans to go into a park after a Citricos dinner.

That's the only experience I have. ;)

But you're not bitter. ;)

Were they proactive about comping you the FP, or did you have to complain? Could you use it on "top tier" rides like 7DMT?

My question is if we want fligh of passage at the beginning of our trip how probable is that?

1. Those are the very hardest to get.

@mesaboy2 , would you say day 4 or beyond seems to be the sweet spot for getting FOP?

Has anyone been able to get FOP on days 1, 2, or 3? I may have read one or two reports of people getting them early in their stay but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Just needed to clarify. So if we have 4 ro reservations (3 nights each SSR, VGF, BWV, and AKL) all back-to-back-to-back-to-back, can we book fp's for all 12 days at the beginning of the first res?

@mesaboy2 , would you say day 4 or beyond seems to be the sweet spot for getting FOP?

Has anyone been able to get FOP on days 1, 2, or 3? I may have read one or two reports of people getting them early in their stay but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

The sweet spot is the furthest day out. It is certainly possible to get them on early days, but as you say those seem to be the exception. I would estimate around Day 4-5 to be when it goes from possible to probable.

Just needed to clarify. So if we have 4 ro reservations (3 nights each SSR, VGF, BWV, and AKL) all back-to-back-to-back-to-back, can we book fp's for all 12 days at the beginning of the first res?

That should work in theory. Honestly your case (a 4-way split stay) is pretty unusual.

But you're not bitter. ;)

Were they proactive about comping you the FP, or did you have to complain? Could you use it on "top tier" rides like 7DMT?
They were good for any ride at MK as that was the park I chose.

I went to the Front Desk to explain that as a guest at a Deluxe Resort, it was a little strange to be given Housekeeping items to carry on my own. I had to stay calm as I was staying there with my CM friend - she was napping and had no idea I went to the Front Desk.

They couldn't comp us any other way and I wasn't asking to be comped. My main goal was to ask why our chocolate Monorail hadn't yet been delivered as we were expecting it... a gift from the Front Desk CM who used to be in Fant with my CM friend.

If I book FP+ reservations at the 60 day window for my DVC reservation, then my waitlist for a different resort and different dates (a few days later) comes through and replaces the original reservation, will my FP's disappear or be affected?

If I book FP+ reservations at the 60 day window for my DVC reservation, then my waitlist for a different resort and different dates (a few days later) comes through and replaces the original reservation, will my FP's disappear or be affected?
Let me take a stab at this one - the way I understand this thread, your FP+ will remain intact since they are linked to your ticket media. If you have a 7 day ticket, you will keep 7 days of FPs, regardless of when you booked them (assuming your tickets are linked to your MDE).

If we have a RO then package split stay, and make FP+ reservations for our package portion based on the start date booking window of our RO stay, then end up having to cancel the RO stay (I'm trying to get out of having to go to a conference), would our FP+ reservations stay, as long as we canceled the RO stay no more than 60 days before the check in date of our Package stay?

If we have a RO then package split stay, and make FP+ reservations for our package portion based on the start date booking window of our RO stay, then end up having to cancel the RO stay (I'm trying to get out of having to go to a conference), would our FP+ reservations stay, as long as we canceled the RO stay no more than 60 days before the check in date of our Package stay?

Your FP 60 day (plus up to 14) window opens up on your first day of your first reservation, and goes through your second reservation as long as they overlap or are adjacent. You can book FPs for the number of days of tickets you have linked to your account (the days don't have to be consecutive). At that point, your FPs are linked to your ticket media, even if you cancel a reservation.

All of these questions are addressed on page 1 by the OP, and the page is kept up to date. Make sure you read that page, lots of good stuff.

Asked elsewhere but not answered. In the case of a child too short to ride, do I have to book a FP for him to be able to access the child swap area? We are a party of 8 and DGS #3 will be too short for the 48" rides. Do I book 7 FP or 8?

Ok another 2 ressie? My DU TA said if I cancel my first after booking FP, she will have to call IT to be sure they stay attached to my second. This thread seems to disagree with that. BUT I have tickets attached to both, 3 days each. I will only be making 3 days worth of FP. When I cancel #1 and it's tickets go away, will the system keep the FP attached to the remaining tickets? Or does she really have to call IT?

Last edited:
Your FP 60 day (plus up to 14) window opens up on your first day of your first reservation, and goes through your second reservation as long as they overlap or are adjacent. You can book FPs for the number of days of tickets you have linked to your account (the days don't have to be consecutive). At that point, your FPs are linked to your ticket media, even if you cancel a reservation.

All of these questions are addressed on page 1 by the OP, and the page is kept up to date. Make sure you read that page, lots of good stuff.

Thanks for the help. I read the first page and saw the info about when the window opens up with a RO then Package stay, but didn't see anything about what happens if you later have to cancel the RO stay. Thanks again for the info.

Just thought I'd share that I just booked our FP for October trip. Enchanted Tales with Belle was a BEAST (hardy har har) to book! It is for day 2 of our trip, but I had to split our group of 5 into 3 groups, and then continue to modify and refresh to keep inching the FP times to what I wanted. I split all 7 of us into 4 groups for 7DMT, but had no trouble getting overlapping times right when we wanted. Splash is closed during out trip - wonder if it's sending more people over to FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle, which is already limited for capacity?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter